• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
no unwatch button on the watched threads page?...you have to go into each thread you want to unwatch

keep up the good work fellas

Second this but I'll go further. I used to be able to see the thread title in the URL (at least partially) so keeping track of where I am was easy. A Title heading showing the forum/thread would make this simple. But of the two things that are a pain, this is the lesser.

How's that?

I forgot I disabled the friendly URLs during testing.

I find the search feature is MUCH better - and has some useful options

For instance, you can jump intoa classified ads section, hit the search button, keep the subject of the search empty but enter your name in that option and it will bring up your ads in that classified section - a much easier way to keep on top of multiple adds imo

I find the search feature is MUCH better - and has some useful options

For instance, you can jump intoa classified ads section, hit the search button, keep the subject of the search empty but enter your name in that option and it will bring up your ads in that classified section - a much easier way to keep on top of multiple adds imo

Thank you for the feedback!

We're using a new search back-end as well that should provide MUCH better and more relevant results - for anyone that migrated over to Google for searches instead, I'd suggest giving the search function another try.

I've been getting ads that open in new tabs without clicking on anything. One for Savage and one for Barett rifles.

I never click on pop ups or any ad links, so don't know why these are opening when I visit.

I've been getting ads that open in new tabs without clicking on anything. One for Savage and one for Barett rifles.

I never click on pop ups or any ad links, so don't know why these are opening when I visit.
What browser? In general, have you tried a plugin like uBlock Origin?

We are not serving any ads that would do this... you need to check your computer for malware.

Sorry but.. This upgrade is a pain in the bawls... I just spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to PM a member. Still can't figure it out.. OK, so I'll search this thread and see if it's been asked yet.. Can't figure out how to search a thread either... Yeah, the old site really "sucked" and it was time to "upgrade it" so that members have a "better experience" etc... Even posting a pic is more difficult now... Whatever.

There, I vented and feel so much better.

Sorry but.. This upgrade is a pain in the bawls... I just spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to PM a member. Still can't figure it out.. OK, so I'll search this thread and see if it's been asked yet.. Can't figure out how to search a thread either... Yeah, the old site really "sucked" and it was time to "upgrade it" so that members have a "better experience" etc... Even posting a pic is more difficult now... Whatever.

There, I vented and feel so much better.

Click on the user image to the left, or where it would be. This opens their profile. From there is "start a conversation" that is the new PM.

i'm getting used to the new desktop site version...i would like to see itrader back under the avatar and a few other small tweaks but those are very minor...there are some pretty cool features on this new version...i mean has anyone used the quick navigation button on the bottom right that looks like an arrow up to the right?

i will say that i hate the mobile version...buttons are too small...too much zooming...i'm waiting for whatever they plan to use instead of tapatalk cause the mobile site isn't worth the time for me

I just spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to PM a member

Either click on their avatar and go to "Start a Conversation", or click on conversations from your name in the top right.

Can't figure out how to search a thread either

Search is on the top right. Click to start typing and there are multiple options depending where you are - if you are in a thread, one of them will be to search within the thread.

Even posting a pic is more difficult now

You can paste a picture directly into the reply box - it couldn't be any easier.

Is there a way to see all users online? I see a sampling of them with an .”..and 84 more” (just an example) but when I click on that it takes me to a page that says I’m not authorized to view this.

Thanks for your work and still digging the new set up.

Is there a way to see all users online? I see a sampling of them with an .”..and 84 more” (just an example) but when I click on that it takes me to a page that says I’m not authorized to view this.

Thanks for your work and still digging the new set up.

Whoops. Give it a shot now.

Good to go. Thanks. It does let you view now but in a page type format, so we’ll need to view 10+ pages just to see who’s on.

Maybe that can be made a little easier and just show all the names listed together as they used to be?

Could be limited to showing that way with the format though, it’s a start anyway. Thanks again.

I miss the "Go To First Unread" button on the forum pages. It's there once you get into a thread, but it would be nice to click once to jump to the first unread post from the thread list.

I miss the "Go To First Unread" button on the forum pages. It's there once you get into a thread, but it would be nice to click once to jump to the first unread post from the thread list.

This seems to be the default now. I know that when I click on the thread title, in either the watched threads or new posts, it goes directly to the first unread.

This seems to be the default now. I know that when I click on the thread title, in either the watched threads or new posts, it goes directly to the first unread.

Yup! The "last read post" wasn't able to be migrated from vB, but once you started reading threads in the new software, it was able to pick up where you left off.

Either click on their avatar and go to "Start a Conversation", or click on conversations from your name in the top right.
Search is on the top right. Click to start typing and there are multiple options depending where you are - if you are in a thread, one of them will be to search within the thread.
You can paste a picture directly into the reply box - it couldn't be any easier.
Are "conversations" PRIVATE?.. And if so, why was the word "PRIVATE" removed??

You can? When I do so I get a box that says "Insert URL here" instead of just being able to post a pic from my phone /my files/whatever previously... I don't HAVE a "URL" for the funny pic of Obama (etc) in my phone folder....

If you're trying to post something out of your photos on your phone, you have to "Copy" it first (click on the Square with the up arrow on iPhone), and then just paste it into the text box (long press, paste on iPhone).

Yup! The "last read post" wasn't able to be migrated from vB, but once you started reading threads in the new software, it was able to pick up where you left off.

Early in the switch I marked the whole-NES-forum read and it has worked well for me.

It works out well in the end, just like the other bugs. The forum is looking great, imho, sHORTY.

Last edited:
OK, my panic has subsided over the new forum. It looks and works very nice. I appreciate all the effort you guys have put into it to make it easy for those of us who don't like change! :)

Early in the switch I marked the whole-NES-forum read and it has worked well for me.

It works out well in the end, just like the other bugs. The forum is looking great, imho, sHORTY.

I take it by your edit that you figured out the multi-quote? :)

Quite a while back, the old NES had a zoomable world map showing the IP locations of users logged on.

Being the curious sort I zoomed around the world and noticed one random user somewhere in LA (Kalifornia). Zooming closer and closer the dot turned out to be centered on a cemetery. I can only assume it was one of the zombies among us. (yes, I know it was just a geolookup of someone's isp and not the persons actual physical location but hilarious anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom