• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already half forgotten what the old forum looked like. In another week I'll have forgotten completely.

Yup! The "last read post" wasn't able to be migrated from vB, but once you started reading threads in the new software, it was able to pick up where you left off.
This or you can can click or press the blue dot to the left of the title. New posts are also labeled “new” in the upper right corner of each new post.

Maybe I'm not remembering something correctly, but if someone edits their post after it's been quoted elsewhere, does the quote now change to match the now edited post? And it doesn't look like edit times are shown anymore.(edit to test editing)

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not remembering something correctly, but if someone edits their post after it's been quoted elsewhere, does the quote now change to match the now edited post? And it doesn't look like edit times are shown anymore.

Well I've confirmed that post do not show that it has been edited. In the past we could edit own own posts but there was always a record that it had been changed (not the changes, just that it had been edited). I think this was a good feature.

Now I'm going to test what happens to a quote when the original post is changed.

Well I've confirmed that post do not show that it has been edited. In the past we could edit own own posts but there was always a record that it had been changed (not the changes, just that it had been edited). I think this was a good feature.

Now I'm going to test what happens to a quote when the original post is changed.
Capture.PNG

There's a short window immediately after you make a post where you can edit it and not have it show the edited time-stamp.

On your phone? Just pair a bluetooth mouse. Works a charm.
Nope, touchscreen laptop. I have a work supplied phone and don't use it for personal.

There's unfortunately not much I can do without breaking legitimate touch-screen devices (phones/tablets). This is down to the browser sending a touchscreen flag regardless of it being a desktop or not.

You can give this a shot and see if it helps, perhaps:
http://ccm.net/faq/40811-google-chrome-how-to-disable-touch-input

Will try that or see if there is one for Firefox, which I use most often. Thanks for trying.

I am archiving this thread over to the Technical Support forum.

Guess I'll grab 2 extra large coffees tomorrow instead of just one. That'll give me enough umph to do some more leaf blowing (hopefully the last time) and wrap 110 feet of post and rail fence with the Christmas lights. Maybe by then the site will be back up. Sorry to hear of the loss of a friend Len. Especially one that has been so for such a long time.

Greg

Guess I'll grab 2 extra large coffees tomorrow instead of just one. That'll give me enough umph to do some more leaf blowing (hopefully the last time) and wrap 110 feet of post and rail fence with the Christmas lights. Maybe by then the site will be back up. Sorry to hear of the loss of a friend Len. Especially one that has been so for such a long time.

Greg

Just so we're all on the same page, we're all good now.. upgrade is over... you're on the new site :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom