Need Help Narrowing Down Light/Laser Combo for 92A1

Good morning all,

As the title states I'm looking for help narrowing down a light/laser combo for the Beretta 92A1 I plan on purchasing this week. I'm very new to handguns having just received my LTC 3 months ago and this will be my 2nd handgun purchase, so I have 0 experience/knowledge on this topic. I'm just looking for some input from you guys as far as some of the quality manufactures I should look into and what do you all use on your HD handgun if any? Specifically I'm interested in a light/laser combo with a viridian green laser but that's not a must I just like that it's a change from the normal red. Thanks in advance.

TLR-4

EDIT: I bought (reimbursed the licensed buyer) a 92A1 as a Christmas gift this year in another state and there was documentation from Beretta in the box that the 92A1 was not "mass compliant" but the 92FS (no rail) was.

Are you planning on a FTF transfer of the 92A1? Or do you know of a dealer who has one?

Last edited:
New to handguns? Stay away from a laser. Learn to shoot with iron sights.

This. If you think you need a light, and that should depend on what you plan to use it for (home defense or CCW), get a TLR-1. Lasers don't add much capability. They are useless in daylight, or pretty much anything short of total darkness. And in total darkness, you should be using a light to identify your target anyway.

agree no laser. just looks cool. iron sights teach you the mechanics of shooting. i have the 92fs with the adapter for a laser. never use it though. they are spot on shooters.

New to handguns? Stay away from a laser. Learn to shoot with iron sights.

Guess I should have clarified further since I see a pattern starting already lol. I am new to owning my handgun and being licensed I am not new to shooting, therefore I'm confident in my proficiency with iron sights. I merely stated that I'm new to handguns to emphasize my lack of knowledge with accessories and their manufactures. I also stated this is for my HD gun, so yes I want the light, the laser is an added bonus since they do come in combos.

They are useless in daylight

I also stated I was interested in a viridian green one, noted for being better to spot during the day.

I'm very new to handguns having just received my LTC 3 months ago and this will be my 2nd handgun purchase, so I have 0 experience/knowledge on this topic.

Guess I should have clarified further since I see a pattern starting already lol. I am new to owning my handgun and being licensed I am not new to shooting, therefore I'm confident in my proficiency with iron sights. I merely stated that I'm new to handguns to emphasize my lack of knowledge with accessories and their manufactures. I also stated this is for my HD gun, so yes I want the light, the laser is an added bonus since they do come in combos.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that any answer you receive will be wrong unless it's the answer you want to hear. [thinking]

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that any answer you receive will be wrong unless it's the answer you want to hear. [thinking]

Not at all, 2 people so far have actually given me a product to go and research the rest of you are simply stating I don't need a laser when that probably was the least important part of my question. It's ok that you feel that, but I'm still looking for some quality light manufactures to look into. So far Ive been told of the TLR series, what are some others?

The Streamlight TLR is a great light. But, stay away from the lasers. If you are proficient with handguns, you won't need them. If you do need them, then you need to train until you no longer do.

NCStar makes some pretty sweet lights and lasers. Get a green one.

cant-tell-if-serious-or-high.jpg

I'm gonna drag this one back from the dead. I want to pick up a weapon mounted light, so I can point my pistol at whatever goes bump in the night, including kids and dogs[pot]. I've never given any creedence to lasers, but heard an interesting take on them from an instructor at a class I took. His thinking was that the laser may be handy if you ever have to shoot "out of position", where you may not be able to get over the gun. The suggestion was to mount it, zero it, and train with it occasionally on "out of position" drills, but not to use it in everyday shooting.

That being said, I'm really looking at a TLR-4, as it gives both capabilities. Who runs a TLR-4, and how do you like it?

Back
Top Bottom