• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NAVY

China comes up with "Fear no challenge, fear no pain, fear no death" as their motto and we come up with that???? Sad, very sad. They should go back to one of the originals "Non sibi sed patriae". "Not for self, but for country". Probably wouldn't fit very well though with the attitude of today's youth.

[rofl] And I thought the Army had some bad ones.[laugh]

IIRC, the "Be all you can be" slogan was one of the most successful slogan ever.

But I agree with you. The "We do more before 9:00 am than most people do all day" (no matter how true it is) probably didn't woo too many volunteers.

I still don't understand the whole concept of "Am Army of one" and that commercial where the lone soldier is running in the opposite direction of the tanks and helicopters.

This Marine recruiting poster was popular about the time I enlisted. The scuttlebutt was that the guy who is in the poster went UA (AWOL) and got charged as a deserter!

5336-image-450-550-fit.jpg

Last edited:
This Marine recruiting poster was popular about the time I enlisted. The scuttlebutt was that the guy who is in the poster went UA (AWOL) and got charged as a deserter!

View attachment 19744

of course he did... probably got a huge ration of S*** for the poster... i mean, look how wet that M16 is!!! F***er.... needs his ass beat for treating that weapon that way....

I always liked "Army Strong":

863184.jpg

My kid picked up a Navy poster at an airshow a few years back, it was an overhead picture or a large group of warships, maybe a carrier battle group? IIRC,

"The U S Navy. Dedicated to life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten it."

Yeah, I thought that was the best one. I think they should pick one and stick with it like the Corps did with " The Few, the Proud"

When I was in during the late 60's/early 70's it was "US Navy, The Gayest of the Services".
If you were straight you bunked with one eye open on some ships.

That's got to be an exaggeration, right? As much as I hate to admit it, I had read somewhere years ago that there was a higher percentage of gay men in the Army and Marine Corps.

Yeah, I thought that was the best one. I think they should pick one and stick with it like the Corps did with " The Few, the Proud"

That's got to be an exaggeration, right? As much as I hate to admit it, I had read somewhere years ago that there was a higher percentage of gay men in the Army and Marine Corps.

There sure seemed to be a lot back during the draft years![rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Back when I joined the World's Largest Canoe Club, they were still using "The Navy, it’s not just a job, it’s an adventure" as a slogan.

They left out the part about cleaning shitters, doing temp duty on the messdecks and standing quarterdeck watch from midnight to 4AM in 10 degree weather.

Some adventure ...

That's a good 70% of the world.

Actually I saw a lot of the world in my 7 years in the Navy. East and west coast of US, Hawaii, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, east and west coast of Australia, New Zealand, Panama, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Tahiti, Gitmo, Guam, AND Chicago.

Actually. In my 8 years in the navy. I had a great time. ( I was an IC1, those who know can sympathize). However getting out and joining the army as an MP turned out to be a bad idea. ( I should have been infantry)

It's not just a job, its an adventure is what I remember when I was in and overall it was. I got to see and do much more than what I probably would have otherwise.

In the Army your a sooojour, in the Airforce your an airman, in the Marines your , well.. a Marine... and in the Navy???

I particularly think they should hire Jake from Top Shot to be their next motivational speaker/ poster child.

Back
Top Bottom