• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Natick mulls banning guns on town property

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20140814/NEWS/140818364/1994/NEWS

NATICK – Town officials are mulling a potential fall Town Meeting article that would ban guns on town property such as parks and buildings.​
The proposal stems from an incident where a person involved in what was described as a heated discussion at a public meeting appeared to have a gun. While officials are not sure the person actually had a gun, it brought to mind the ban, which Town Administrator Martha White and Police Chief James Hicks deem to be a "common sense proposal," according to a memo from White to selectmen.

Heads up for people in Natick.

it is getting ridiculous. did he have a gun or did he not have a gun. I can say someone appeared to have a gun. that doesn't make it so. And so what if he did have a gun. It was an argument. Obviously he didn't use a gun because they don't even know if he actually had one.

Last edited:
Was the heated debated with a Cop? They have guns and tempers too you know.
Natick's a shithole. Maybe they should offer a tax refund to all those people whose $$ was used to build and maintain said parks and buildings who are no longer allowed to use them as they see fit.

Even if he did have a gun.....so he got in a heated arguement.......but the "gun" stayed holstered....what crime was commited?

Well, that IS the home of...

Rep.Linsky.jpg

so if the residents are voting in this guy, I'm not surprised they would support this.

Someone told me recently that the Chief in Natick is tried and true 2A but then he supposedly supports this stupidity???

More reasons to hate this state... If this passes, bet it will come to other towns pretty fast...

Even if he did have a gun.....so he got in a heated arguement.......but the "gun" stayed holstered....what crime was commited?

i vehemently disagree!
the gun could have fallen into the wrong hands!
or worse, passed through a gun show loophole!
still worse, the gun could have hollow point boolets!
far too killy for a public park!

I saw a guy swerve down my road last night. i THINK he may have been drunk, I demand all cars be immediately banned from my town!

**** natick. Bastards run the parking meters on weekends, which I figured out after being awarded a ticket for a 20 minute stop at B&K.

Serves you right for spending money there and bringing business and tax dollars to that town. That'll show you.... Don't do that again.

They should do this correctly and ban the appearance of guns, not actual guns. The alleged gun holder probably just had a smart phone holstered under an untucked shirt.

So, arrest anyone who looks like it is possible they could have a gun. I would support that. If you are going to go retard, might as well go full retard. It is more entertaining that way.

Why is it, that every sh.tshow starts with - "common sense proposal"

That way if you disagree with it, YOU are the nut job.

Every time I hear that term I automatically know it is going to have nothing to do with fact or well researched stats. It will be fear mongered, make-believe, conjecture, what-if, nanny state, utopia-ville foolishness designed to remove your freedoms or rights.

"It just doesn’t seem from my perspective to be a good mix," White said of allowing weapons in public buildings where tempers can at times flare up.
Wow, what a brilliant statement. I saw the article this morning as I was leaving for a PT appointment at Lenard Morse Hospital in Natick....where I have to park in the back of the lot and put my carry piece into the trunk before going in to the gun free zone. I am glad, it makes me feel safe. [thinking]

Why is it, that every sh.tshow starts with

"common sense proposal,"

Simple. They are trying to convince themselves and you that this (which makes no sense) is actually common sense!

Just like the crap that Devalue just signed will do NOTHING to stop "Gun Violence" but the law still has a title like "An Act to Reduce Gun Violence". Again more propaganda to make you think that you are going to be safer because of it, when we all know the opposite is true.

That way if you disagree with it, YOU are the nut job.

Every time I hear that term I automatically know it is going to have nothing to do with fact or well researched stats. It will be fear mongered, make-believe, conjecture, what-if, nanny state, utopia-ville foolishness designed to remove your freedoms or rights.

Most Nazi and Maoist arguments were premised on "common sense" and/or "common good".

but nevermind because we know history is rarely repeated.

The proposal is currently a 1-line title for a bylaw article, so there aren't many details. However, I believe it states "municipal buildings" rather than town property. So it remains to be seen whether they intend the ban to be inclusive of parks and other outdoor areas.

The town administrator is a reasonable person and I believe can be informed of enough unintended negative consequences to avoid including this in the town meeting warrant. If you live in town, a short and well-reasoned email to her will go a long way.

The town administrator is a reasonable person and I believe can be informed of enough unintended negative consequences to avoid including this in the town meeting warrant. If you live in town, a short and well-reasoned email to her will go a long way.
Gun restrictionist dog whistle alarm triggered by "reasonable."

The meter clearly states mon-sat you need to pay. I have been there and dropped in 0.25$ to avoid a ticket.

I'm sure it does. I was foolish to assume it was no charge on Saturday (like most other places) and didn't look. I haven't gone back to Natick since that point (probably a year now)...like prepper said, they sure are helping their local businesses. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom