Natick mulls banning guns on town property

I spoke with the town administrator and co-sponsor of the Article 1 ban, she felt that guns don't belong in the library, my response was that's EXACTLY where guns belong.
During our "talk", (where I offered her FREE NRA BPC and range time, but she refused saying that she HAS shot "skeet" before, yet couldn't recall how many "houses" were in use during her "skeet" shooting), she showed me a memo from the Town of Sudbury that will be seeking to, get this... "Repeal" the Second Amendment!
What motivates these idiots to even attempt such things?
I urge any NES'ers here to contact Sudbury town manager to verify this. I saw it on the towns letter head, and notarized.

I spoke with the town administrator and co-sponsor of the Article 1 ban, she felt that guns don't belong in the library, my response was that's EXACTLY where guns belong.
During our "talk", (where I offered her FREE NRA BPC and range time, but she refused saying that she HAS shot "skeet" before, yet couldn't recall how many "houses" were in use during her "skeet" shooting), she showed me a memo from the Town of Sudbury that will be seeking to, get this... "Repeal" the Second Amendment!
I urge any NES'ers here to contact Sudbury town manager to verify this. I saw it on the towns letter head, and notarized.
The town of Sudbury has a large contigent of anti freedom residents. There's a cadre of MD's that are very much against our rights, some of whom have been pushing very hard within the MD community to get "ask about guns" and other such nonsense set up.

I'll be very surprised if they're not connected to Harvard Med School and receiving money from the Joyce Foundation.

I spoke with 2 of these MD's a year ago or so, I attempted to open a conversation regarding firearm education with them, but got ignored come time to share some gun logic with them, etc...when they were demonstrating for..."More background checks", (We already have THOSE), fingerprint scans for purchase(THOSE, already implemented were found to be incompatible with the states "new" firearms licensing sales system), Catalogued picture ID's of licensees(WE already have THOSE as well.) BANNING Machine Guns(THOSE are heavily regulated AND taxed already too).
I learned that everything they were railing on about is already part of the system in place. Basically they didn't know, what they didn't know... yet were demanding we adhere to their utopian ideals. Cripes!
3k43o33lb5O15Td5S6a260f8b29df16521ac8.jpg

The town of Sudbury has a large contigent of anti freedom residents. There's a cadre of MD's that are very much against our rights, some of whom have been pushing very hard within the MD community to get "ask about guns" and other such nonsense set up.

I'll be very surprised if they're not connected to Harvard Med School and receiving money from the Joyce Foundation.

And for those in another discussion wrt Maynard R&G, it was the houses built in Sudbury that abut the gun club that caused the gun club all the problems dating back from the late 1980s to the present!

Interesting: From GOAL:

Natick residents - GOAL has just learned that the town of Natick has called for a special town meeting on November 18th. At this time there is no information as to what will be on the agenda, it bears watching. GOAL will continue to watch this situation and we encourage you to contact your town officials in regard to this meeting and what the purpose is. http://www.natickma.gov/home/news/notice-of-special-town-meeting-1

Natick residents - GOAL has just learned that the town of Natick has called for a special town meeting on November 18th. At this time there is no information as to what will be on the agenda, it bears watching. GOAL will continue to watch this situation and we encourage you to contact your town officials in regard to this meeting and what the purpose is. http://www.natickma.gov/home/news/no...town-meeting-1

They spoke about time constraints for considering all the finance things and 40 something questions for the town meeting, some with multiple parts. They can't meet Tues election night and they can't meet the week after because it's a holiday. I don't think that special meeting is anything other than trying to make time to go over all the questions. I wouldn't say the town meeting was pro gun or anti gun last night, they were all but 3 people completely disinterested in the topic. When the article was put on the screen to the time they voted to table it was all of 4 minutes at most. There was no debate and only one moonbat said she wanted to debate it (she spoke for 20 seconds saying she thought they should debate it, that's it).

Nothing prevents them from re-adding that article to any future town meeting. That's reality and thus diligence is still required.

Nothing prevents them from re-adding that article to any future town meeting. That's reality and thus diligence is still required.

That is where are real problem is. We have to win ALL the time. They only have to win once. We win a lot, but over the last 100 years, they win occasionally, and we never recover the lost ground. And this applies to more than just gun laws.

That is where are real problem is. We have to win ALL the time. They only have to win once. We win a lot, but over the last 100 years, they win occasionally, and we never recover the lost ground. And this applies to more than just gun laws.
Yup, this is why they are called progressives because they make little bits of progress here and there towards there goals. If only we could figure out some way to slowly chip away at our lack of freedom and huge bulk of regulation.

Natick residents - GOAL has just learned that the town of Natick has called for a special town meeting on November 18th. At this time there is no information as to what will be on the agenda, it bears watching. GOAL will continue to watch this situation and we encourage you to contact your town officials in regard to this meeting and what the purpose is. http://www.natickma.gov/home/news/no...town-meeting-1

They spoke about time constraints for considering all the finance things and 40 something questions for the town meeting, some with multiple parts. They can't meet Tues election night and they can't meet the week after because it's a holiday. I don't think that special meeting is anything other than trying to make time to go over all the questions. I wouldn't say the town meeting was pro gun or anti gun last night, they were all but 3 people completely disinterested in the topic. When the article was put on the screen to the time they voted to table it was all of 4 minutes at most. There was no debate and only one moonbat said she wanted to debate it (she spoke for 20 seconds saying she thought they should debate it, that's it).

The notice for the special town meeting was posted last Friday the 17th.

This. The Warrant is now open for the special town meeting which means it is possible for new articles to be added.

BE DILIGENT!

I suppose it is possible for someone to put on the warrant an article saying that they want the town charter to follow the U.S. Constitution also. Right?

Sudbury Democratic Town Committee,

www.sudburydemocrats.org/minutes/2014-06.pdf

From facebook:

Let me elaborate. There are 180 seats in town meeting. There are some open seats, and other people were not there. 91 or more people make a quorum. Most votes are taken by a show of hands and declared based on a quick unofficial observation. If there is not a clear majority or if 3 members request it, then there will be a tally vote where the numbers for and against are counted. There are also provisions for a roll call vote. A lopsided vote such as this was probably not tallied. Maybe somebody reporting the vote to goal noted a single vote against the motion and did 180 - 1 to come up with an (incorrect) number of 179 for it.

Re: Special town meeting. The fall town meeting will continue to meet until all articles are addressed. The purpose of the special is that there was some problem with some previousl language (I think relating to aggregating electrical services), and town meeting action is needed to correct it so that it can go forward. The regular town meeting cannot have things added, and waiting until the spring isn't great for this, thus thr call for a special town meeting. Technically anything could be added to it, but it still must close a certain number of days in asvance of the meeting, be posted in all precincts, and have hearings by the finance committee in advance of town meeting. Nothing really unusual going on but just keep an eye out for what shows up on the warrant ( which is the whole point of the warrant: to warn and define exactly what will be voted on at a meeting)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sudbury Democratic Town Committee,

www.sudburydemocrats.org/minutes/2014-06.pdf
5. Clark Moeller on repeal of the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution defining gun ownership: Mr. Moeller submitted a 48 page document he prepared with title, “The Second Amendment Is the Problem”, which defines the problems associated in the U.S. with gun ownership and their history. It develops arguments for repeal of the Second Amendment as the only plausible route out of the dilemma of gun violence. Mr. Moeller asked the Committee to take up this issue and work toward repeal, using his document as a source of information and a basis of discussion and thought about the subject. Mr. Offner moved that we accept the idea of repeal of the Second Amendment, accept Clark’s document as a seminal one, and place it on our website. This was seconded, but before much discussion could occur, Mr. Chauls proposed a friendly amendment asking that discussion of repeal and acceptance of the document be deferred until our next meeting to allow everyone to read its text and become informed on the subject. This amendment was accepted and the amended motion was approved unanimously.
Moeller "prepared" a 48-page document and wants everyone to read it. I would be curious as to how much of the work is his and how much is from the LCPGV.

Natick town elections are today, 3/31/2015

Go cast a blank ballot if you don't like anybody running. Turnout is extremely low (I'm guessing less than 10%), so a bunch of blank ballots actually sends a message.

Write yourself in for town meeting, many precincts have open seats and 1 to 3 write-ins will get you elected.

Natick town elections are today, 3/31/2015

Go cast a blank ballot if you don't like anybody running. Turnout is extremely low (I'm guessing less than 10%), so a bunch of blank ballots actually sends a message.

Write yourself in for town meeting, many precincts have open seats and 1 to 3 write-ins will get you elected.
Let's hear it for participatory democracy. I guess we deserve what we get.

Back
Top Bottom