N.H. teenager arrested in Leominster mall for carrying loaded handgun

After smoking a cigar with a BPD guy who is about to retire, I discovered that this doesn't really matter much- at least with regards to the whole "does the guy have a permit?" thing. He explained that he's not in the business of rustling people merely carrying guns (he's pretty pro 2A himself) but that if he wanted to get someone to produce a permit whom "he suspected of having a gun that wasn't supposed to" there is basically a way he can socially engineer people into doing it without violating the procedurals- "there are creative ways that you can ask to see their permit without acctually coming right out and asking them or demanding it from them". Not to mention even if the PD pulls a bogus search 9 out of 10 times it will escape scrutiny because of some other excuse. To get a court to block something because of a full blown 4A violation it has to be blatant- and you have to have an attorney that actually cares enough to harp on it.

-Mike
Like the full blown 2A rights?

But you wrote it. Literally.

Apology accepted for not meaning it.

So that was your point? You wanted an apology? You could have just said that when I directly asked you rather than beating around the bush while misunderstanding the use of slang. The phrase "beating around the bush" is an idiom, also not meant to be taken literally, in case that confuses you as well.

So that was your point? You wanted an apology? You could have just said that when I directly asked you rather than beating around the bush while misunderstanding the use of slang. The phrase "beating around the bush" is an idiom, also not meant to be taken literally, in case that confuses you as well.

You already apologized and I didn't have to ask.

If a cop called him a "wannabe" a lawyer would be all over the cop in court to determine how the cop knew what this kid wanted to be.

You did fine. You said it was slang, that you didn't know what this kid wanted to be and your statement was not to be taken literally.

Back
Top Bottom