• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

N/D Of The Week

You know, there's a famous anti gunner argument, usually about full autos, that always ends with "by that logic you think that private citizens should be able to own nukes"

Its a good thing we cant own nukes.
I thought nukes were ok if they are pre-Healey...

I honestly believe at this point 99.9% of the "I was cleaning the gun and it went off " bullshit is pretty much bullshit. Nobody wants to admit that they were doing something reaaaaly f****** stupid with the gun so it's a cover up statement.

In the newspaper every ND story involves cleaning a gun when it went off but yet somehow in real life when you talk to people who have actually had an ND it usually had nothing to do with gun cleaning.... it's funny how that actually works.... [rofl]

They can use the "cleaning my gun" card if it keeps them out of court. No skin off my back, except that I can remember having to explain to my wife that cleaning guns isn't actually dangerous. There are probably millions of people out there right now who think gun cleaning is a harrowing ordeal.

I own a lot of glocks. I never clear my gun using the trigger.

The trigger is to take down the gun. That happens after you clear it.
Before you jump in on what someone posts maybe you should read the post. I didn't say clearing I said "cleaning" And the originally posted article also says "cleaning" not clearing.

Before you jump in on what someone posts maybe you should read the post. I didn't say clearing I said "cleaning" And the originally posted article also says "cleaning" not clearing.
I read it. You need to clear a gun before cleaning it. Otherwise what you're doing is referred to properly as "shooting it" 🤣🤣🤣

Just because a reporter, who likely knows nothing about guns, regurgitates a blatant lie doesn't mean we just start giving words different meanings.

When a reporter says "an officer accidently shot himself at home while cleaning his gun" I correct anyone talking about it and remind them officer committed suicide and the department is covering it up. Because I don't perpetuate lies. Lol.

I read it. You need to clear a gun before cleaning it. Otherwise what you're doing is referred to properly as "shooting it" 🤣🤣🤣

Just because a reporter, who likely knows nothing about guns, regurgitates a blatant lie doesn't mean we just start giving words different meanings.

When a reporter says "an officer accidently shot himself at home while cleaning his gun" I correct anyone talking about it and remind them officer committed suicide and the department is covering it up. Because I don't perpetuate lies. Lol.
Are you talking about an obstructed chamber inspection?

I got an alert yesterday that two people were shot in Epping NH, but it didn't say it was "accidental".

They're claiming it was another "gun cleaning accident".

it appears homeowner Christopher Martel, 34, was cleaning a 9mm handgun when it accidentally discharged.
A bullet passed through his thigh and then hit his wife’s thigh

How did the bullet pass through his thigh and then hit his wifes thigh ???
Was he sitting on her lap while he was "cleaning" his gun ??? Headscratch.gif

Last edited:
I got an alert yesterday that two people were shot in Epping NH, but it didn't say it was "accidental".

They're claiming it was another "gun cleaning accident".

How did the bullet pass through his thigh and then hit his wifes thigh ???
Was she sitting in his lap while he was "cleaning" his gun ??? View attachment 461895
See post 435 above. DUPE [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom