• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

N/D Of The Week

I did this in my father's tow truck when I was 5 or 6. Must have been terrifying watching an F350 roll backwards into the street.
The Bride actually trolled two daughters of a neighbor across the street
into monkeying with their father's pickup.
One maybe 4-yo, one maybe 5-yo.

The Bride was too shy to ring the door,
and the girls were playing in the garage.

"Tell your parents that the lights are on in your car".
<Two pairs of eyes, each the size of pie-plates>
<The Bride retreats to our house,
like the world of lanyard sales has proven too challenging>

They crawl into the truck, and start pushing buttons and twisting knobs.
After each manipulation, they'd both pile out and see if that fixed it.
Nope, crawl back in and push something else.

Apparently it looked like my and my aircraft mechanic father
checking every filament on every bulb after we hitched up the trailer.
But with more flashing lights.
1JMWa-1461171702-3463-list_items-computers_voyage.gif

Eventually they got it all shut down,
without rolling it onto our lawn.

I'm wondering what happened. It looks like he drops the mag and then sets it on the counter. Then it looks like he racks the slide (2x) and puts the ejected round on the counter too.

There are two different guns. The one that discharged appears to have been red-shirt's carry gun. It looked to me like he was showing the loaded chamber indicator and press-checking it rather than clearing it. I think his finger was on the trigger when he was manipulating it. Not sure if gray-shirt got hit by splash or directly.

There are two different guns. The one that discharged appears to have been red-shirt's carry gun. It looked to me like he was showing the loaded chamber indicator and press-checking it rather than clearing it. I think his finger was on the trigger when he was manipulating it. Not sure if gray-shirt got hit by splash or directly.

Yup, it looks like it was red shirt guy's carry piece, But he clearly drops the mag of his carry gun and puts it on the counter. Then he racks the slides twice and puts a cartridge on the counter too. He failed to visually inspect the chamber and/or sweep it with his finger... but I'm still trying to figure out how a round chambered. It looks like he clears it properly.

Actually now that I watched it again, there is chunk of video missing from the middle. So not sure what he did in between

Last edited:
Yup, it looks like it was red shirt guy's carry piece, But he clearly drops the mag of his carry gun and puts it on the counter. Then he racks the slides twice and puts a cartridge on the counter too. He failed to visually inspect the chamber and/or sweep it with his finger... but I'm still trying to figure out how a round chambered. It looks like he clears it properly.

Actually now that I watched it again, there is chunk of video missing from the middle. So not sure what he did in between
I noticed that, too. It looked to me like during the "cut" portion, he reloaded his carry gun and was either chambering a round or finger-fukcing the gun when he discharged a round.

Last edited:
That video looks like it doesn't have the jump. he clearly places a round on the counter after he clears it. It also may just be a shadow, but it looks like when he's racking the slide some more that another round ejects at the 18second mark. It looks like it ejects, hits the counter and rolls on the floor.

Maybe this is one of those guns we see in the movies that never runs out of ammo

To me the racking actions look short-stroked. That's why I wondered about the possibility that he'd holstered it with a double-feed malfunction, the loose round having come from the magazine well rather than from the chamber.

If that's really a gun shop I'm surprised the clerk or whoever behind the counter didn't throw a nutty or see what was going down... esp once rounds came out on the counter and you hear "that sound" etc... if i was behind that counter I'd be saying something about it like the Chinaman from hitman.....

View: https://youtu.be/oIFL0CHzi20

Yea, some of that racking looks short, but a couple of them right before the ND look like a full cycle.

If that's really a gun shop I'm surprised the clerk or whoever behind the counter didn't throw a nutty or see what was going down... esp once rounds came out on the counter and you hear "that sound" etc... if i was behind that counter I'd be saying something about it like the Chinaman from hitman.....

View: https://youtu.be/oIFL0CHzi20

Its a shop in Brazil... so I'm sure they're used to some things

If you were that clerk, you'd be talking about how you used to work at a gun shop.
  • Party of Two arrives: Newb and "Expert".
  • Clerk hands over a shop gun for Newb to evaluate, under the guidance of "Expert".
  • Clerk turns his back on Party of Two to service Party of Four.
  • "Expert" unholsters his carry piece and starts screwing with it.
  • Hilarity ensues.
Does your shop let rando customers unholster indoors and start playing with their guns -
to show their friends how a real gun works?

Does your shop hand over merchandise to rando customers to play with unsupervised?

I always rack the slide 3 times when clearing. I also keep my f'ing finger off the trigger.

And if I'm going to take down a gun like a Glock I again visibility inspect the chamber before doing so EVEN IF I'M THE ONE WHO JUST CLEARED IT. You know why? Because I'm human and sometimes I do stupid things or get interrupted while doing important things.

Yea, some of that racking looks short, but a couple of them right before the ND look like a full cycle.

OK, then let's embellish the speculation with the notion that the reason he had a double-feed is because he doesn't know his extractor is broken. He removes the mag, gets a round, and doesn't see the racking motion dragging a cartridge case out of the chamber when he draws the slide back. Rack the slide all you want, then.

Its a shop in Brazil... so I'm sure they're used to some things

Sure, but even there, you think that basic gun safety stuff would be in the back of the mind of the clerk. Unless the clerk is only a couple points smarter than the dumbass unloading a
gun in his store....

"Expert" unholsters his carry piece and starts screwing with it.
The only thing this video is missing,
is "Expert" removing some rounds from his carry piece
and loading them into the shop's gun to see how well it feeds.

You just know that's happened somewhere.

It may even explain that famous video of someone
having an ND on a merchandise gun that was stored with one in the pipe
in the glass display case. No one knows how it ended up loaded,
but a prior customer loading it during play and leaving it loaded is one scenario.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom