• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Myanmar civil war

ddeck

NES Member
I’ve been reading up on this conflict lately and many sources are attributing 3d printed guns as the source of the initial arming of the rebels. It’s interesting how that got them started and now they have successfully stolen/captured enough weapons from the military to not need the 3d printed ones anymore.

Best article I found:

I only saw one mention of this conflict in searches.

Rumor has it members of the NES Stud Club flew over to help them cast boolitts to arm the rebels. Still a mystery on how they got powder and unicorn droppings, but they also bought very reasonibly priced brass cases from the classifieds.

Didn't read ... but thinking they only used 3D printed weapons is absurd. There is always a big player behind a revolution and that player provides guns.

But I guess the 3D printed article is a good fit for the current view on 3D printed guns here.

Didn't read ... but thinking they only used 3D printed weapons is absurd. There is always a big player behind a revolution and that player provides guns.

But I guess the 3D printed article is a good fit for the current view on 3D printed guns here.
The general consensus is that it allowed them to arm more people than they otherwise could have due to longstanding prohibitions and a lack of parts. The initial 3d printed guns allowed them to steal/procure other weapons from the government.

So, yes, it is the modern version of the Liberator pistol idea.

No one is saying that they only used 3d printed guns. It augmented their limited supplies.

I thought it was interesting since it talked specifically about the FGC-9. I just thought it was interesting and shared it.

Back
Top Bottom