• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Guns Thread from start to future

So, at the same time as buying little parts here and there I took a chance on a part for the shotgun I've been eyeing for a while.

With some minor shaving around the carrier latch button, I now have a mount for a red dot.
Apologies for the third blurry picture.
I didn't check it before I put it all away.
The 3rd pic is the optic that will be on it when it's done. I'll be picking up the low mount for it soon.

IMG_20230716_142839396.jpg

Screenshot_20230727-211443.png

IMG_20230727_205646689.jpg

Yes, I am prepared for being roasted on this.

Got custom grips in for the 96.
Very very soon, I'll be sending the slide off to Langdon tactical for the rdo cut.
After that, off to cerekoted the slide to try and get it a close match to the grips.

IMG_20230801_182600275.jpg

Yes, I am prepared for being roasted on this.

Got custom grips in for the 96.
Very very soon, I'll be sending the slide off to Langdon tactical for the rdo cut.
After that, off to cerekoted the slide to try and get it a close match to the grips.

View attachment 780554

Aluminum grips...

Interesting. I've got a 1905 Webley auto with aluminum grips as well. Those, too, are interesting.

Had some disappointment today.

I made the decision to trade sell my HK45.
A dealer I've dealt with before had a gun that for whatever reason I'm curious about.

I thought it'd be a done deal straight trade for my full size HK45 with match trigger and grey guns short reset with case, 2 holsters(iwb & iwb light bearing) 5 magazines, trijicon front(fiber optic) and rear(black serrated) and red dot plate for a new full size S&W MP9 fde optic ready(not the 5 inch) or a used fn 509 mrd.

Needless to say I was shocked at the price offered and to get the smith, I would have to pony up $200+/- plus tax in addition to my trade.

I walked out with my HK and sadly will most likely not return to the dealer.

Is anyone else experiencing way lower trade in value?

Also side note, it wasn't even a smith I could mount that weird Leupold dot I want to try either.
Which makes it weirder to me.

Side note #2 I hate this state.
Because the pew I really want is the typical non roster and I don't know of a dealer that would take my trade and be able to snag it from the source(global ordinance)

This is one of the reasons I do 99% of my gun business with other NESers, not with dealers. Dealers are an important link in the firearms chain, obviously, and I respect that they've got a tough job in MA, but you get fairer prices, more sensical trades, and zero attitude from your fellow NESers. Of course, you do pay a price: you have to be patient.

What kind of Smith were you trading for?

This is one of the reasons I do 99% of my gun business with other NESers, not with dealers. Dealers are an important link in the firearms chain, obviously, and I respect that they've got a tough job in MA, but you get fairer prices, more sensical trades, and zero attitude from your fellow NESers. Of course, you do pay a price: you have to be patient.

What kind of Smith were you trading for?
Screenshot_20230805-201721.png

It had manual safety though.
Not by choice.
Would I have like the 5 inch, yes.

guns and hot-rods have this in common, you'll never get out of it what you put into it. part of it is people who buy at the dealer often want to do their own mods or have something very specific in mind. So the market for your gun is smaller than a new one with nothing added. The extra mags and holsters just go into the used mag and used holster bins, so little value to the shop there. Then there is the time and space, used guns can sit in a case a long time, space cost money, and that's on top of what you get for the gun. And he has to make a profit after all this.

I'm not saying its a good deal or bad, that's up to you. I'm just pointing out some of the considerations the dealer has to work with when figuring a price.

Obviously selling or trading it yourself doesn't have any of those extra costs, it only has time and your effort, so the cash amount will be higher. But you don't have that money now and it might be months before you sell/trade.

I don't sell/trade with dealers but that's because I generally don't sell/trade. Not once have I sold a gun and not regretted it later.

Small updates.
I'm starting to color code the rifles to differentiate them.
So I know what im grabbing when I grab it.

IMG_20230902_194407.jpg

Swapped out most of the fde parts on the 6.5 grendel for grey parts and updated the trigger springs to jp enterprises 3.5 lb ones.

IMG_20230902_175414.jpg

Swapped out the buffer tube,trigger springs(jp 3.5lb) swapped the stock(much needed) for one with a beefier pad(adaptive tactical) , pistol grip and forward grips and strike industries quick connect dust cover on the 450 bushmaster IMG_20230902_194505.jpg

Swapped out the modded Beretta 96 flat trigger and extra power Wolff trigger spring for a volker precision flat trigger and Wolff reduced power trigger spring. IMG_20230902_194523.jpg

And the last. I finally got my hands on the low mount for the Bushnell red dot on the shot gun.

Before IMG_20230902_170803493.jpg

After IMG_20230902_172100790.jpg

A dealer I've dealt with before had a gun that for whatever reason I'm curious about.

I thought it'd be a done deal straight trade for my full size HK45 with match trigger and grey guns short reset with case, 2 holsters(iwb & iwb light bearing) 5 magazines, trijicon front(fiber optic) and rear(black serrated) and red dot plate for a new full size S&W MP9 fde optic ready(not the 5 inch) or a used fn 509 mrd.

Needless to say I was shocked at the price offered and to get the smith, I would have to pony up $200+/- plus tax in addition to my trade.

Modifications are a negative when buying used guns.
When I look for used items, I prefer that it is as close to stock as possible even if I plan on modifying in the future.
A gun that is heavy with aftermarket is a sign that it's been messed with and probably monkeyed on. These guns will be harder to sell and therefore expect lower value.

🤣

Not sure if serious. Dealer trades are never great. Ever. The better dealers will warn you, even. Basically you're asking them to give you like 80% value for something they didn't want to buy to begin with. Most trades you will be lucky to get 40-60% of what your gun is worth. Otherwise the dealer can't justify tying up capitol on a gun they didn't want.

Also at some dealers your gun would shelf rot. (HKs only attract niche buyers) Which means they have to go through the hassle of flipping it on GB to get their money back.

Modifications are a negative when buying used guns.
When I look for used items, I prefer that it is as close to stock as possible even if I plan on modifying in the future.
A gun that is heavy with aftermarket is a sign that it's been messed with and probably monkeyed on. These guns will be harder to sell and therefore expect lower value.

Well, the GG stuff is fine but the faggoty RDS stuff etc, I can see that being a net minus for the avg HK buyer. But a lot of shops.... that gun would shelf rot regardless because many don't have the demo thats going to buy it walking in. Especially DA/SA in 2023....

Painted the 6.5 grendel today.
IMG_20230930_131152682.jpg

Bought digicam stencils on Amazon. Found out I pulled them away wrong and cause a smear. Then over spray hit on another parts of the stencil.

For the next gun, I'll be cutting out the stencil to paper or thin cardboard so I can form it to the rifle more and get a more accurate spray shape.

View attachment 801118

Bought digicam stencils on Amazon. Found out I pulled them away wrong and cause a smear. Then over spray hit on another parts of the stencil.

For the next gun, I'll be cutting out the stencil to paper or thin cardboard so I can form it to the rifle more and get a more accurate spray shape.
Needs more "camo". Because I wrote camo Google is now sending me this article. Pretty cool urban camo.

Last edited:
Needs more "camo". Because I wrote camo Google is now sending me this article. Pretty cool urban camo.

Camo like this always had me scratching my head.

It’s flying in the sky when you want it camouflaged from rpgs or whatever.

So rather than this:

IMG_5384.jpeg

I’d expect to see something like this:

D97C6F76-C6D1-4610-BFF7-0D6D2E12FBB7.jpeg

Painted the 450 bushmaster today.
I figured I'd try the rustoleum hammered spray paint,mainly because Lowe's didn't have any regular spray paint in these colors.

Paint was difficult to spray. Came out super thick or super light like a watery consistency.

End result was a super textured spray.
Like you would spray it and throw it in a child's sandbox.
IMG_20231021_130910231.jpg

View attachment 801118

Are you using Duracoat spray paint?

Back
Top Bottom