My first gun purchase ever!

Hello!

I got my LTC A ALP way back on 7/31 and finally got myself a gun today! Went down to the gun show @ Marlborough today wanting to either buy a .22 or a 12 gauge and found EXCELLENT prices on both, but I had to go with a .22 because the ammo is pretty cheap and they are fun to shoot. I found this sweet Ruger 10/22LR with a scope for $160. I'd reccomend you guys hit that gun show, lot of great stuff there and some good deals to be had! Can't wait to shoot this thing tommorrow morning @ Woburn Sportsmen's Club! I'd be shooting it right now...unfortunately I have to work [sad]

Great first choice![cheers]
I'm sure that you will get many years of enjoyment from it.
Now you need to find a nice .22 revolver to go with it.[wink]

Congrats and Enjoy! I love mine.

There's only one problem... If I understand correctly, you expect us to believe you waited 23 days after getting your liscense to buy your first gun? That's not physicly possible... Is it? I mean, I'm not adoctor, but...

The 10/22 is the first rifle I ever bought, and I still have it today. Admittedly, it doesn't look very much like it did when I first got it, but it was great to shoot bone stock until I got the itch to start modifying it many years later. Now about all that is left that's original is the receiver.

Great, smart purchase!

The 10/22 is the first rifle I ever bought, and I still have it today.

God, we do have a similar "gun" pattern! I also got this as my first gun. Although I did sell it quite a while ago for some reason. Great bargain and a relaible fun gun.

You guys are lucky, when I was a kid I got the Daisy Red Rider as my first[sad]
but the following year my old man gave me his JC Higgins 12 guage and I shot it until it wouldn't shoot anymore.

Add in another with the 10/22 as his first rifle. Bought it at Service Merchandise in Paramus, NJ with my brandy-new FID card back in 1981. It's still sitting in my gunsafe. Trigger job just recently done by Nickle and I'm waiting on scope rings for a Weaver V7.

There's only one problem... If I understand correctly, you expect us to believe you waited 23 days after getting your liscense to buy your first gun? That's not physicly possible... Is it? I mean, I'm not adoctor, but...

Yeah, it's due to a medical condition, I'm not a doctor, but the layman's term for it is "Having a wife" [smile]

I took this gun out sunday morning to shoot, man is it a fun gun! Shoots great!

The 10/22 is the first rifle I ever bought...

Great, smart purchase!

Me too, except I sold mine to a friend a year or so ago because I bought a nice Stainless Steel version for short money.

Fun, fairly accurate, cheap to shoot, relatively cheap to modify and upgrade. Well, the last applies if you don't go nuts, bu there are some simple upgrades that you can install that make it more enjoyable to shoot.

Enjoy it.

Cute cat, too.

Gary

Congrat's and great choice.

The best thing about buying a 10-22 as your first purchase is that in all likelyhood, you will never get rid of it!

I bet if you took a pole, you would find that nearly every gun owner has one, it's definitely on the must have list. The one I bought back in the 80's is still running strong, and used often by my 12 year old.

Now go get a Ruger 22 target pistol!

You show good sense on your first choice of a 10/22. Now shoot and shoot until that gun feels like part of your shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom