My CMP Garand arrived

The top example is of the milled variety, the bottom two are stamped. Hope that helps. Great rifle!

Thanks! That does help, pretty certain mine is stamped since I don't recall that ring on it that the milled one has.

Mine just showed up. Springfield Service Grade, serial number puts it as being made in Sept of 1943. Trigger group is HRA .
Cartouches on the stock a P on the pistol grip and the DOD Acceptance (Eagle w/ 3 stars) on the left side which would indicate the stock is from the early 50s (I think) still happy

will post pics after a going over.

Last edited:
I did indeed order an HRA because I already had a Springfield. They responded to my email today and said they had more HRAs in and my order will be processed quite soon. Giggidy...

Definitely good news. Hopefully mine will get updated with a shipping date soon! But since I sent the order in the first week of October and they entered it into the system on October 30th, I suspect I still have a 2-3 month wait [crying]

Definitely good news. Hopefully mine will get updated with a shipping date soon! But since I sent the order in the first week of October and they entered it into the system on October 30th, I suspect I still have a 2-3 month wait [crying]

I emailed CMP after reading this thread. I was told the HRA are still on BO. My order was received mid Sept. Looks like we both may be waiting awhile longer.

I emailed CMP after reading this thread. I was told the HRA are still on BO. My order was received mid Sept. Looks like we both may be waiting awhile longer.

There are several post on cmp forums about wait times and product up dates. Orest Michael's director of cmp hasxposted several times 6 months for HRA service grades from day your order arrives to rifle ships. Be thankful its only 6 months . 22lr ammo is back logged some 6000 orders and the wait will be close to 12 months.

Nice. The GI Wood keeps coming!

I wonder if they are stripping any useful wood off the drill rifles that has been reported they have thousands of? I'm also thinking a lot of the parts they are now selling are partially salvaged from the drill rifles? Maybe just maybe we will see inexpensive recievers again also.

the Field Grade Garands have been out of stock for a while - is that just a typical ebb and flow of supply or are they no longer available? Also, if I read the requirements correctly, I need to me a member of a CMP affiliated club. If my club isn't affiliated, what are my options? (sorry, total Garand noob)

the Field Grade Garands have been out of stock for a while - is that just a typical ebb and flow of supply or are they no longer available? Also, if I read the requirements correctly, I need to me a member of a CMP affiliated club. If my club isn't affiliated, what are my options? (sorry, total Garand noob)

Member of goal will do also garand collectors association. There are less and less rack and field grades as they go through the crates. There has been a slight hint that field grades may return early next year but not many.

My SA field grade from this summer was a parts build up; an 8/44 barreled action in an original 4/44 SA ex-Danish stock, probably from the Danish-Canada M1 sale and subsequent parting out some 30 years ago.
T

I requested a service grade, but at the time they were sold out to the general public (July) and were reserving the SA/SG for HRA/SG swapping. They became available to the general public three weeks AFTER I got my FG. The barrel is actually better than my other SG at 0+/1+. I've spent the difference between the FG/SG cost replacing some no-finish metal and adding a sling, so I guess it evened out in the end. My FG also out-shoots the SG.

T

"My FG also out-shoots the SG." this can happen sometimes.....not my luck though... I have since sold my FG(silly thing as I could have used some parts) but I have 4 really nice SG now.

Back
Top Bottom