Muzzleloading forums

BTSDOG

NES Member
Any suggestions for some blackpowder muzzle loading forums. Not blackpowder cartridge forums. Or if anyone could suggest a starting load for a .45 Navy Arms / Intermarco Creedmoor Match rifle, with a .451 bore, 32 inch barrel, 1 in 24 right hand twist, pushing a 475 and a 530 gr. conical boolit.......
6055A657-C032-484A-88A8-F661967EFC62.jpeg

I'd think that the manufacturer should have some thoughts?

That said, .45/70/405 used to be a popular combo....I know that your boolit [sic] is heavier, but it's a reasonable place to start. I'd use FFg or FFFg, depending on what I had on hand.

Last edited:
I have been a member of the MuzzleLoadingForum For quite a few years but not very active the last couple of years. Like here there is a wealth of information on traditional ML’s (Inlines not welcome) and they are happy to share their knowledge on working up loads and their maintenance.

Thats a beautiful rifle.

Bob

Muzzle Loading Forum

Any suggestions for some blackpowder muzzle loading forums. Not blackpowder cartridge forums. Or if anyone could suggest a starting load for a .45 Navy Arms / Intermarco Creedmoor Match rifle, with a .451 bore, 32 inch barrel, 1 in 24 right hand twist, pushing a 475 and a 530 gr. conical boolit.......
View attachment 402556
Cast bullets.

Paper patch that. I was going to say, looks like a Pedersolo Gibbs. I didnt know Navy arms also had one.

If its as good as a Pedersoli, that is a 1000 yard muzzleloader.

Do a Google search for Pedersoli Gibbs loads, you will get a bunch of forums. I know Pedersoli makes barrels for a lot of companies. I wouldnt be surprised if this is the same barrel the Gibbs uses.

I own and shoot a Pedersoli Gibbs and have shot it out to 1000 yds with iron sights.
For someone just getting started there's a wealth of information here, scroll down to the articals written by the late Dick Trent.

This is another excellent artical about the subject.

You'll want to use Swiss powder probably 1 1/2F to get started.

Hope this helps.

Lee Shaver of Lee Shaver Gunsmithing is a World Champion at 1000-yards using a similar rifle he builds & you might be able to get some beginning data from him too.

Back
Top Bottom