Multi Caliber Revolver Question

I've been thinking about getting a revolver with a larger bore than my .357. I also want to have the option of using a less expensive "practice" round (like a .38 in a .357) The .460 is really nice but expensive. I was wondering, if I get a 10mm revolver, it should shoot .40 also right? Please correct me if I'm wrong and feel free to offer alternatives. I may use this firearm to do some informal pin/plate shooting. Thanks.

Chris

Chris,

Yes, the 10 mm revolver will shoot .40 S&W.

The S&W 460 will also shoot 454 Casull and 45 Long Colt, FYI.

Additionally, any revolver in .44 Magnum can safely shoot .44 Special (and .44 Russian, but that's not likely to be a cheap or easy-to-find round...)

Hope this helps!

Medusa Model 47

I doubt you'll find one in this commie bastard of a state, but one can dream.

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Medusa_Model_47.htm
The Medusa chambers, fires, and extracts 25 different cartridges in the .38/9mm/.357 ammunition range

http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/firearms/1277301.html
tb_9811STLED.gif

the 460 will shoot 45 schofield as well black hills loads the ammo.FYI 45 Schofield is to 45 colt as the 38 special is to the 357 mag

.44 Magnum / .44 Special sounds much better than some of those other choices, but I'd say go with .357 Magnum / 38 Special or the Ruger New Model Single Six with .22 Magnum / .22LR.

I second this suggestion. A load of Unique (I'm not at home, so I can't quote the charge) over inexpensive 240-gr cast Keith-shapes is not only a mild plinking or target load, but superbly accurate.

The only issue with shooting .38 Spl in a .357, or .44 Spl in a .44 Magnum, is that you have to use care in cleaning the chambers, expecially the 0.135" (.357) or 0.125" that would normally support the mouth of the case of the higher power round but is exposed to gas and fouling when shooting the shorter round.

Back
Top Bottom