• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MSP transitioning to M&P45?

I was told that all MSP Sigs are being, or have been destroyed and that the troopers were not even able to purchase their issued gun, because of some defect in the DAK model that was produced specifically for the MSP. Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to add to your collection.

Not destroyed; sold as a lot to CDNN. I made an inquiry because I could use one or two.

I was told that all MSP Sigs are being, or have been destroyed and that the troopers were not even able to purchase their issued gun, because of some defect in the DAK model that was produced specifically for the MSP. Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to add to your collection.

Not destroyed; sold as a lot to CDNN. I made an inquiry because I could use one or two.
There have been some ethical opinions in the past that have deemed an officer's purchase of his old duty weapon a violation of ethical rules, based on the fact they have the ability to buy a weapon not equally available to the public.

Side note: Looks like MSP STOP teams are using 1911's, too.
I can't say it enough how GHEY the SWAT guys are in Multi-Cam.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374181062.642266.jpg

Last edited:
Side note: Looks like MSP STOP teams are using 1911's, too.
I can't say it enough how GHEY the SWAT guys are in Multi-Cam.

View attachment 73328

The STOP team Officers are also allowed to wear the 1911's ile on uniform Patrol, spoke with one of them and he said it took 3 years before the powers to be would allow it.

Attachments

• tpr 1911.jpg
    tpr 1911.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Nice to see they're allowed to carry 1911s. Saint John Moses Browning would be proud and probably humbled that his design is still being carried on duty 102 years later.

S&W E Series 5 inch with tactical rail and weapon mounted light. The Trooper I spoke with said they had some problems at first with pins breaking in the guns, but that S&W quickly addressed and fixed the issue. YMMV

Thinking about the 1911's.... Why would that be their choice? I understand SpecOps and MARSOC operators using a 1911 instead of a .mil SIG or M9 9mm for stopping power, etc. But the standard issue MSP handgun is the M&P45 in 10+1 config, while the 1911 is only 8+1. Why would the STOP guys want these other than to be cool?

-JR

Thinking about the 1911's.... Why would that be their choice? I understand SpecOps and MARSOC operators using a 1911 instead of a .mil SIG or M9 9mm for stopping power, etc. But the standard issue MSP handgun is the M&P45 in 10+1 config, while the 1911 is only 8+1. Why would the STOP guys want these other than to be cool?
-JR

Maybe they are more comfortable with them, better trigger, obviously better stopping power than a 9mm.. and what's wrong with looking kewl... [grin]

Better trigger.

So they can buy THEIR guns with YOUR money! They are special, don't ask questions of them.

-JR

I kinda agree with you here. I have a MP 45 and the thing is sweet with a trigger modification.

FYI I know Greg Derr does the custom 1911 work on alot of the SWAT/STOP teams pistols. So their 1911's are customized too.

So yes, you modify both to make better anyways. But, hell, the 1911 just looks more badass.

I wish I had switched us to G21's

I've had a bunch of problems with the M&P 45 since we got them. It's a nice gun to shoot, but hindsight being what it is....

Plus, from an armorers perspective, I think Glocks have the advantage without a doubt. Back to your thread though.

state police... grumble... grumble.. m&p 1911's... sharks and laser beams... grumble... taxes [grin]

I wish I had switched us to G21's

I've had a bunch of problems with the M&P 45 since we got them. It's a nice gun to shoot, but hindsight being what it is....

Plus, from an armorers perspective, I think Glocks have the advantage without a doubt. Back to your thread though.

state police... grumble... grumble.. m&p 1911's... sharks and laser beams... grumble... taxes [grin]

ok... so what kind of problems...

3 batches of magazines that were JUNK.
Slide with screwed up front dovetail
Slide with screwed up firing pin safety plunger hole thing (yes that is my technical term). Firing pin traveled at it's own leisure.
They just don't feel like they held up like our Glocks did... we've only had them for a year and a half, and just not loving them. Got a great deal when we switched,
but like I said, I'll be making jump back if we can.

The onto a customer service cluster that lasted over a year. Including wrong parts sent, runaround from rep, was completely ignored for a decent time period.

That's all.... I thought you had a long list of problems... guess you just don't care for them... it happens

That's what I could come up with just off top of my head. I really wanted to love them... but meh. I guess problems are smaller than they appear on the internet.

5399735838_403c7dfb5a_o.jpg

I just got one from Mass Firearms School yesterday (last one). Trigger is freaking terrible. One of the worst I've ever used. But knowing its corrected fairly easily, I grabbed it up anyway. Ordered apex carry trigger kit as soon as I got it home. Sucks that its necessary but it is what it is I suppose. It's not like I can buy a new Glock 21.

I just got one from Mass Firearms School yesterday (last one). Trigger is freaking terrible. One of the worst I've ever used. But knowing its corrected fairly easily, I grabbed it up anyway. Ordered apex carry trigger kit as soon as I got it home. Sucks that its necessary but it is what it is I suppose. It's not like I can buy a new Glock 21.

Gatta love the good ole communist state of MASSACHSETTS

Back
Top Bottom