Moving to New Hampshire soon

Dont forget a shitload of people in NH are from somewhere else, some number of them moving there pretty recently. Its hard to treat someone like an outsider when you had just moved there yourself.

That has been my experience since moving up here. Many of the people that I have met grew up somewhere else and have been here for 1, 5, 10, 30 years etc. Granted I don't live in "real NH" if you go by what people write online.

Yep, MO is so super constitutional carry. (edited for length)

Title XXXVIII 571.107 Permit Does Not Authorize Concealed Firearms, Where — Penalty for Violation.

1. No concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, valid concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:

(1) Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol office or station without the consent of the chief law enforcement officer in charge of that office or station;

(2) Within twenty-five feet of any polling place on any election day;

(3) The facility of any adult or juvenile detention or correctional institution, prison or jail;

(4) Any courthouse solely occupied by the circuit, appellate or supreme court, or any courtrooms, administrative offices, libraries or other rooms of any such court whether or not such court solely occupies the building in question. This subdivision shall also include, but not be limited to, any juvenile, family, drug, or other court offices, any room or office wherein any of the courts or offices listed in this subdivision are temporarily conducting any business within the jurisdiction of such courts or offices, and such other locations in such manner as may be specified by supreme court rule pursuant to subdivision (6) of this subsection. Nothing in this subdivision shall preclude those persons listed in subdivision (1) of subsection 2 of section 571.030 while within their jurisdiction and on duty, those persons listed in subdivisions (2), (4), and (10) of subsection 2 of section 571.030, or such other persons who serve in a law enforcement capacity for a court as may be specified by supreme court rule pursuant to subdivision (6) of this subsection from carrying a concealed firearm within any of the areas described in this subdivision. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any of the areas listed in this subdivision shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

(5) Any meeting of the governing body of a unit of local government; or any meeting of the general assembly or a committee of the general assembly, except that nothing in this subdivision shall preclude a member of the body holding a valid concealed carry permit or endorsement from carrying a concealed firearm at a meeting of the body which he or she is a member;

(6) The general assembly, supreme court, county or municipality may by rule, administrative regulation, or ordinance prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed firearms by permit holders in that portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by that unit of government;

(7) Any establishment licensed to dispense intoxicating liquor for consumption on the premises, which portion is primarily devoted to that purpose, without the consent of the owner or manager;

(8) Any area of an airport to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property;

(9) Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law;

(10) Any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility without the consent of the governing body of the higher education institution or a school official or the district school board, unless the person with the concealed carry endorsement or permit is a teacher or administrator of an elementary or secondary school who has been designated by his or her school district as a school protection officer and is carrying a firearm in a school within that district, in which case no consent is required;

(11) Any portion of a building used as a child care facility without the consent of the manager;

(12) Any riverboat gambling operation accessible by the public without the consent of the owner or manager pursuant to rules promulgated by the gaming commission;

(13) Any gated area of an amusement park;

(14) Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or person or persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of religious worship;

(15) Any private property whose owner has posted the premises as being off-limits to concealed firearms by means of one or more signs displayed in a conspicuous place of a minimum size of eleven inches by fourteen inches with the writing thereon in letters of not less than one inch;

(16) Any sports arena or stadium with a seating capacity of five thousand or more;

(17) Any hospital accessible by the public.

Meanwhile, the list of places off-limits by state law in New Hampshire: 1. Courthouses

That's the entire list.

Yep, MO is so super constitutional carry. (edited for length)

Title XXXVIII 571.107 Permit Does Not Authorize Concealed Firearms, Where — Penalty for Violation.

1. No concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, valid concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:

(1) Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol office or station without the consent of the chief law enforcement officer in charge of that office or station;

(2) Within twenty-five feet of any polling place on any election day;

(3) The facility of any adult or juvenile detention or correctional institution, prison or jail;

(4) Any courthouse solely occupied by the circuit, appellate or supreme court, or any courtrooms, administrative offices, libraries or other rooms of any such court whether or not such court solely occupies the building in question. This subdivision shall also include, but not be limited to, any juvenile, family, drug, or other court offices, any room or office wherein any of the courts or offices listed in this subdivision are temporarily conducting any business within the jurisdiction of such courts or offices, and such other locations in such manner as may be specified by supreme court rule pursuant to subdivision (6) of this subsection. Nothing in this subdivision shall preclude those persons listed in subdivision (1) of subsection 2 of section 571.030 while within their jurisdiction and on duty, those persons listed in subdivisions (2), (4), and (10) of subsection 2 of section 571.030, or such other persons who serve in a law enforcement capacity for a court as may be specified by supreme court rule pursuant to subdivision (6) of this subsection from carrying a concealed firearm within any of the areas described in this subdivision. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any of the areas listed in this subdivision shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

(5) Any meeting of the governing body of a unit of local government; or any meeting of the general assembly or a committee of the general assembly, except that nothing in this subdivision shall preclude a member of the body holding a valid concealed carry permit or endorsement from carrying a concealed firearm at a meeting of the body which he or she is a member;

(6) The general assembly, supreme court, county or municipality may by rule, administrative regulation, or ordinance prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed firearms by permit holders in that portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by that unit of government;

(7) Any establishment licensed to dispense intoxicating liquor for consumption on the premises, which portion is primarily devoted to that purpose, without the consent of the owner or manager;

(8) Any area of an airport to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property;

(9) Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law;

(10) Any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility without the consent of the governing body of the higher education institution or a school official or the district school board, unless the person with the concealed carry endorsement or permit is a teacher or administrator of an elementary or secondary school who has been designated by his or her school district as a school protection officer and is carrying a firearm in a school within that district, in which case no consent is required;

(11) Any portion of a building used as a child care facility without the consent of the manager;

(12) Any riverboat gambling operation accessible by the public without the consent of the owner or manager pursuant to rules promulgated by the gaming commission;

(13) Any gated area of an amusement park;

(14) Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or person or persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of religious worship;

(15) Any private property whose owner has posted the premises as being off-limits to concealed firearms by means of one or more signs displayed in a conspicuous place of a minimum size of eleven inches by fourteen inches with the writing thereon in letters of not less than one inch;

(16) Any sports arena or stadium with a seating capacity of five thousand or more;

(17) Any hospital accessible by the public.

Meanwhile, the list of places off-limits by state law in New Hampshire: 1. Courthouses

That's the entire list.
thats worse than MA

So tell me how long you expect your great gun rights to last since NH turned blue and supports Hilderbeast, the Obamination and most likely Dementia Joe (based on past elections)? I give it 10 years, which is my entire point.

So tell me how long you expect your great gun rights to last since NH turned blue and supports Hilderbeast, the Obamination and most likely Dementia Joe (based on past elections)? I give it 10 years, which is my entire point.

Nobody owes you any explanations because your entire source of wisdom on the NH political process and environment is three or four presidential elections. There's no timetable for gun rights. You're also wholly ignorant of NH history, or else you'd know that NH has been a liberal state since as a minimum the mid-1850s, when NH ex-Whigs and Freesoilers were involved with the foundation of the then-liberal Republican Party.

@KBCraig is a current NH state legislator and I worked at the NH Supreme Court rather recently. @jpk, @edmorseiii, @timbo, and others are highly informed about the comings and goings of the NH political process. You're talking down to us in a rather condescending, know-it-all manner, despite the fact that you used to live in RI and currently live in MO. You have no experience about what has, had, or will go on in the NH gun rights movement.

NH voted R for Pres in 72, 76, 80, 84, 88 & 00
NH voted D for Pres in 92, 96, 04, 08, 12 & 16

Seems clear to me, the state is now blue.

Mr. Kenik, I'm glad that you can identify colors on a map. You clearly missed the part where I said that NH has been both a liberal state and also a bastion of gun rights for centuries.

blaming all nh's problems on Massachusetts people going up to nh, ..

It's foolish to blame those coming in from MA. First I know many who came and adopted the thinking here. Plus there are many from other states coming up and looking to bring their screwed up liberal ways here.

blaming all nh's problems on Massachusetts people going up to nh, ..

It's foolish to blame those coming in from MA. First I know many who came and adopted the thinking here. Plus there are many from other states coming up and looking to bring their screwed up liberal ways here.
Along with that are like minded people who are escaping wherever they are from and dont need a lot of fixing.

Probably the tenth time Ive said this on NES but Rockingham county is where a majority of MA transplants end up and its also the most reliably red county. NH bluing problem is home grown, just like anywhere else.

NH has long been about freedom and liberty. D's and R's are both at times against that sort of thing in their own unique ways. That is why NH has a long history of voting purple.

Well, we have made aggressive moves in expanding and strengthening our 2A rights regardless of the colors of the team in control. NH is like 1 or 2 laws away from have the most lax, best, gun laws in the country. This is not the pissing match you are looking for, go find a different topic to jerk your "red" state off over.

Last edited:

I'm glad you can read colors and post results. What you're missing is that New Hampshire is and always has been, a libertarian (meaning we like freedom) state. Here are the full 2016 results:

Democratic Hillary Clinton 348,526 47.62%
RepublicanDonald Trump345,79047.25%
LibertarianGary Johnson30,6944.13%
GreenJill Stein6,4650.87%
IndependentEvan McMullin (write-in)1,0640.15%
ReformRocky De La Fuente6770.1%
n/aTotal Other Write-in10,9651.47%
Total votes743,117100.00%

So yes, speaking strictly, Hillary "won" but not really, she won by 2,736 votes. Now look at the 30,694 votes that went to the Libertarian and the 10,695 votes that went to other write ins. This tells me that New Hampshire voters are fiercely independent and won't settle for the lesser of 2 evils because that is still evil.

I'm glad you can read colors and post results. What you're missing is that New Hampshire is and always has been, a libertarian (meaning we like freedom) state. Here are the full 2016 results:

Democratic Hillary Clinton 348,526 47.62%
RepublicanDonald Trump345,79047.25%
LibertarianGary Johnson30,6944.13%
GreenJill Stein6,4650.87%
IndependentEvan McMullin (write-in)1,0640.15%
ReformRocky De La Fuente6770.1%
n/aTotal Other Write-in10,9651.47%
Total votes743,117100.00%

So yes, speaking strictly, Hillary "won" but not really, she won by 2,736 votes. Now look at the 30,694 votes that went to the Libertarian and the 10,695 votes that went to other write ins. This tells me that New Hampshire voters are fiercely independent and won't settle for the lesser of 2 evils because that is still evil.

Also, keep in mind the Free State Project is in NH and thus the largest concentration of Libertarian Party voters in the country is in NH. The FSP folks generally trend against the GOP and towards the LP, though it depends on the individual voter.

I'm glad you can read colors and post results. What you're missing is that New Hampshire is and always has been, a libertarian (meaning we like freedom) state. Here are the full 2016 results ...
That same pattern in 2016 played out in the US Senate race; Hassan (D) defeated Ayotte (R) by 1,017 votes, with 30,339 being "thrown away" on the pair of third party candidates.

As of right now, NH has some of the best gun laws (lack of) in the country. If you move here, you can not kick your feet up like you live in a utopia. If that is what you are looking for, don't bother moving, it doesn't exist. You have to be involved from the state down to your local town politics to keep it the way it is, never mind make it better.

THIS. My folks were in town politics, and so are my wife & I. Even if it's just to vote and attend Town Meeting, participate. I say if you don't vote, don't bitch.

Back
Top Bottom