moving to MA with previously-owned firearms

Oh, OK. So I'll register the guns when I bring them in.

So a specific question. I can bring my non-compliant Para P14 LDA up here with its pre-ban hi-caps, and as long as I register it on a FA10, I'm in the clear?

this state is driving me insane

This state sucks ass and Meninostan is even worse. Seriously, why come here at all? Go to New Hampshire.

Or at least find a town that isn't like Boston. Get away from this hellhole as fast as you can. Check with the folks at GOAL to find a town that issues non-crippled gun licenses. You don't want one from Boston, you won't be able to carry concealed. Plus you will have to take the range test, provide birth certificate, utility bills, etc. and be treated like a criminal by the Boston PD (fingerprints, etc.).

Take my advice. Get out of Boston now and don't even consider living here as a gun owner.

You've been warned.

That's the thing, I already did all of that. So I figure I'll just have to live here for a while then hopefully once I get a stable job move to a nearby town that's better at the very least. I saw that Wellesley is a good town for that (according to packing.org).

This state sucks ass and Meninostan is even worse. Seriously, why come here at all? Go to New Hampshire.

The OP is probably bound here by a job or somesuch.

I would have moved into NH myself, if it wasnt for the present housing
arrangement I have, which is more or less buying a house in-family at
essentially zero interest. If the laws get worse here I might have to
forgo that just to escape the communism. And regardless
unless I get a better job (which is highly unlikely, given the part of
the tech sector that im in) I'll still have to come in and out of Cambridge
every day, so regardless of a change in residency, I'd still have to drive
in and out of communist territory every day. I know what some people
are saying- guns are not everything in life, but it isn't just that. It's hard to live
where a local/state government is constantly stomping on your civil
rights. Frankly the legal peril in owning guns in MA is far greater overall
than it is in the other 90% of the states.

-Mike

Check with GOAL as some of packing.org's info may be out of date.

That's the thing, I already did all of that. So I figure I'll just have to live here for a while then hopefully once I get a stable job move to a nearby town that's better at the very least. I saw that Wellesley is a good town for that (according to packing.org).

Yup, I completely agree. This place is awful in that sense. [angry]

I know what some people
are saying- guns are not everything in life, but it isn't just that. It's hard to live
where a local/state government is constantly stomping on your civil
rights. Frankly the legal peril in owning guns in MA is far greater overall
than it is in the other 90% of the states.

-Mike

IMO, regardless of what any site says, try to find a person on NES or elsewhere that has the "scoop" ... preferably find someone who has gotten their license there inside the past year. One must beware, as licensing officers and policies change from time to time. A town that is "green" can potentially go bad with a new chief (like Worcester) or a town that was "yellow" can potentially go green (like Leominster..... a few years ago their policy sucked, now they seem to be A/ALP, they must've gotten sued a few
times or just changed their tune.)

-Mike

I saw that Wellesley is a good town for that (according to packing.org).
As VP of a gun club in MetroWest, I've seen a few LTCs from new members. Weston and Wayland both give out ALP without any hassle. I've seen some ALP from Natick and Framingham, but also some restricted. I've known some people who got unrestricted licenses from Sudbury, but they had to work at it. I also know a fellow who got an unrestricted license from Marlboro. I get the impression Lincoln is pretty easy, but I've got limited data on that. Waltham is, at best, a pain in the rear.

Back
Top Bottom