• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Motorist shoots environmental protesters blocking the road

Footage and pictures show how the driver (shown in a grey shirt), who was caught in traffic, got out of his car and gunned down the demonstrators when they refused to move out of his way in Chame, Panama. One man, seen in a black t-shirt and holding a flag, got into a heated argument with the gunmen. Moments later, the gunmen pulls the trigger, dropping the first man to the ground. As other bystanders and protesters ran for cover or attempted to save the man who was shot, the footage and pictures show that a second man in a black t-shirt also confronted the gunmen. He was also shot, and is seen staggering away to the side of the road clutching his shoulder where bystanders tried in vain to save him. One person was arrested in connection with the incident on Tuesday, Panama's attorney general said.

Guy yells at protesters. They yell back and he shoots one of them and then starts to move blockade and then minutes later another brain surgeon walks up to him unarmed and continues to taunt him, so he shoots him, too. Absolutely zero sense of self-preservation.

Guy yells at protesters. They yell back and he shoots one of them and then starts to move blockade and then minutes later another brain surgeon walks up to him unarmed and continues to taunt him, so he shoots him, too. Absolutely zero sense of self-preservation.
I always love a good ending to a story.

I always love a good ending to a story.
Good... would this be happening, multiple times across the world until suddenly its not fashionable to block traffic anymore. 🤣 Honestly i hope all roadblock protesters get turned into alpo chunks, they're basically only alive because it's usually illegal to kill them.

There's no excusing the shooter, but how effing stupid do the protesters have to be to walk up to a guy dismantling your barrier while holding a gun and starting to argue with him? He's got the gun out and has already pointed it at someone. FFS, leave him the hell alone and block the road again after he leaves. Morons, both sides.

Last edited:
This is a cool capture with the ejected shell
If he is allowed to decorate his cell he should print this and post it on his cell door
Not what I would do for sure. . . But I will let it slide

77558147-12725473-This_is_the_shocking_moment_an_irate_motorist_shot_dead_an_envir-a-18_1699460824469.jpg

For those wondering the firearms laws
There are only a few stores which sell guns and ammo in Panama City. Semi-automatic handguns, revolvers, shotguns, and rifles are available. Hi-capacity ammo magazine clips for any of these types of guns are also available.

Guns are expensive here. Expect to pay twice as much for name brand guns than in the U.S. like Smith & Wesson, Remington, or Ruger. The inventory is rather small in the gun stores. If you order a specific gun it can take up to 3 months for the gun store to receive it.

Here is the Process for buying a gun in Panama:

1. Visit a gun store and provide proof that you are a legal resident of Panama. Tourists are not allowed to purchase guns.

2. Select a gun and pay for it.

3. You will be given a sanitized cup to pee in at their bathroom. The urine will be analyzed for drugs.

4. You will be given a Panama government form to take to a government health office to have your finger pricked for a blood sample for its DNA.

5. You will go to a medical psychiatrist for a short interview and return to the gun store with a short written report that you are mentally fit to own a gun.

6. Obtain two passport size photos of your face.

7. You will have your right index finger print attached to a green triple folded card board ID form which will include one passport size photo and your name, address, residency carnet ID number, the type of gun and serial number and the expiration date. The maximum is 5 years before the permit expires.

7. The gun store will send all of this paperwork to the national police along with the gun for ballistic tests.

8. It could take 3 months to get your gun permit.

You can purchase up to 10 guns and have all them listed on one gun permit.

Short barreled rifles and sawed off shotguns are legal in Panama. While they are not sold in that shape, it is legal to have them shortened.

Ammunition can be bought once you obtain the gun permit. While armor piercing bullets are prohibited, high speed and hollow point bullets are legal.

Last edited:
Blocking someone's path without an emergency situation is basically kidnapping. Classic case of FAFO.

Maybe he sympathized with their cause and was trying to reduce their CO2 and methane footprints?
I spoke with an attorney on the matter a while back at a party. If your car became surrounded, and you advised the "protesters" you were en route to a hospital with a medical emergency, you'd be well within your rights to run over anyone in front of you. The defense would only be affirmative if a passenger had a verifiable life threatening injury. He admited the case would be a massive uphill shitshow and would require LOTS of money to defend.

Purposely blocking a roadway leaves people at the mercy of chance.
Do I advocate for them to be shot, absolutely not.
Once they are confronted with deadly force for having blocked the road and continue to do so they accept the results of their criminal actions now includes death or serious injury.
FAFO.

Blocking the entrance to an oil refinery - legitimate protest on the edge of legality.

Blocking a random road trapping random people - criminal action that definitely reaches unlawful restraint.

This is a cool capture
If he is allowed to decorate his cell he should print this and post it on his cell door
Not what I would do for sure. . . But I will let it slide

77558147-12725473-This_is_the_shocking_moment_an_irate_motorist_shot_dead_an_envir-a-18_1699460824469.jpg

For those wondering the firearms laws

Don't f**k with someone that has the expression in his eyes. He does not care...

On the one hand, I have to admit that gunning down the protestors was perhaps too violent a reaction to blocking the street. On the other hand, it felt good to see these pretentious, self-absorbed troublemakers who generally feel no threat of punishment - get punished.

Back
Top Bottom