motorcycle carry

Jeans are worthless. I've gone through the double front of Carrhart work pants lowsiding on pavement on my mountain bike at maybe 8-10 miles an hour. I suppose it's better than wearing a pair of Umbro soccer shorts, but not much.

You are right that jeans aren't the ultimate in protection, but when compared against ANY shorts, they are still a good compromise between breathable comfort and safety. I dropped a bike at 35-40 on some roadside sand, after a woman saw fit to completely enter my lane coming around a corner like she was driving a schoolbus. I got rashed up pretty good and wrecked the jeans, but almost wore shorts on that particular outing because it was very hot that day. I still credit those Levis with keeping me from needing skin grafts, or having to take a trip to the ER at the very least.

Unfortunately, I wasn't carrying back then, so I can't comment on the rig, but if I had a bike now, I would probably get a jacket, or vest with a concealed pocket to fit a .380, or something small, and if not, I'm pretty secure that my Supertuck would do the trick if I had a decent, low back jacket to cover it well.

Tommy+gunner.jpg

Back
Top Bottom