• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

motorcycle carry

Im not a fan of shoulder holsters, pocket carry tends to dig into me when I ride.....is a supertuck going to present similar issues other than of course, my jacket riding up on it?

what do you guys do?

I would ride with a iwb if my shirt didn't fly up everyone on the highway so a vest with Zipper gun pocket worked well. Aside that I pocket the kahr pm9 lol.

Or carry in ur backpack of u so ride with one not sure what else others will chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacket pocket fits G19 just fine( both Fox Creek and Walter Dyer pockets fit). The Supertuck would probably work, but i worry about it coming out or showing if my shirt rides up and I don't have a jacket on.

It's a great question, though, and I'd be interested to hear how others carry when wearing light summer clothes. Frankly, though, I almost always wear my leathers; I ride and drive like Launchpad McQuack. There isn't a vehicle been built that I can't crash.

Ha.

Well when I've been riding, I've been rocking that Model 60 in a desantis holster, which I took off the belt and placed into the pocket to prevent printing. While this does an admirable job in nearly every other circumstance, its not the most comfortable mode while riding.

That and I hope to soon make a trade out of my 1911 for a polymer gun -- I'd like to ride with a full sized weapon as well.

My leather jacket has several pockets that are quite accomodating for a short barrel 9mm. I've tucked a 380 in an IWB type holster on the inside pocket of a leather vest or denim jacket. I've also used the same rig in a cargo pants pocket. If I'm dressed kinda light on a hot day I either carry a blade or tuck the pistol inside a saddlebag or windshield bag. Though I'm not a fan of them an ankle rig is always an option though I'd recommend using something to keep your pant leg down.

I carry and ride with my supertuck with no problem. But this is what I usually look like while riding, at a minimum for gear.

536523_10150961979177279_654664108_n.jpg

Wear an undershirt and tuck it in between your pants and the holster. Thats why they call it the supertuck.

I carried my 9 in an OWB holster all day last Saturday riding at the Weirs...I tried to keep my T-shirt over it but it hiked up a few times so the 9 was in plain view part of the time...no one said anything (if they even saw it)...I did pass by a state police watching traffic and I can't believe he didn't see it.

Crossbreed Supertuck works for me wearing Levi's & a long-enough t-shirt for summer riding. Vest inside pocket works good too. My Walter Dyer leather jacket has pockets but I need to lose a few lbs to make it comfortable. M&P9c. FLHRCi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Inside pocket of a leather jacket usually works.

But it depends on 1. The bike you ride (sport versus touring versus cruiser, etc.) 2. the size of your handgun, 3. where you're physically riding, and 4. your destination.

There's probably several other factors too.

thanks for the suggestions. Im hoping to grab a supertuck tomorrow for my 60 - now a dumb question - I ride upright, I am on the fluffier side and tend to wear the weapon on the 4:00-5:00 position - any risk if I went with the supertuck, of the weapon "popping" out?

I ride upright on a Lazy-boy with wheels - an 88 Kawasaki KZ1000 cop bike.

I have a Supertuck I use with my G30. There is no way I can get away with riding and using it. The jacket lifts up just enough to catch it and be bothersome.
There are more threads about this subject here. Just old.

I use a tactipac fusion holster when I ride, its tuckable, and has a nice backing pad so the gun is not rubbing on your side, I also were a nice vented and padded jacket most of the time that seems to cover any imprint of the mag

Last edited:
ATGATT= all the gear, all the time

Gear
- full face helmet
- woven kevlar jacket
- woven kevlar overpants (sometimes just jeans)
- gloves
- boots
- full-size 1911 in M-TAC IWB at 4 o'clock. Jacket is long enough that it's never a problem.

ATGATT= [STRIKE=all]all[/STRIKE] most the gear, [STRIKE=all]all[/STRIKE] some of the time

Gear
- full face helmet
- woven kevlar jacket
- woven kevlar overpants (sometimes just jeans)
- gloves
- boots
- full-size 1911 in M-TAC IWB at 4 o'clock. Jacket is long enough that it's never a problem.

Lol, fixed that fer ya.

Sleeveless shirt to show off the tats, do-rag, cheap sunglasses, sneakers, comfy pants, when in MA some plastic thing held together with stickers, black iced venti redeye in the cup holder on the bars, beard in a pony tail, zombie response team sticker on the windshield.

Jeans are worthless. I've gone through the double front of Carrhart work pants lowsiding on pavement on my mountain bike at maybe 8-10 miles an hour. I suppose it's better than wearing a pair of Umbro soccer shorts, but not much.

Back
Top Bottom