• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg dumps Dick's

The brand is going to be hurt by these regardless of the other BS they sell in their "Dicks" stores. With Mossberg, Springfield, and Hi-Point spear heading this trend, all that will be needed is for Mossy-Oak, Realtree, Ducks Unlimited and a couple more firearm/ammo manufacturers to follow suit and their Field & Stream stores will go belly up within months.

I cant see how their stock can remain stable when they have to close 35 stores in the next 1-2 years.

Hopefully their poor business decisions will make other companies think twice before jumping onto the anti-gun bandwagon to bankruptcy.

this.. it won't be a significant change to the Dick's branded stores.. the "Lodge" might get a bit more sparse (not sure how much more sparse it could get).. but the Field & Stream stores would be severely affected I would guess.

This is all very interesting but will be completely irrelevant if the distributors continue to sell Mossberg guns to dickheads sporting bads.

Dicks won't be able to make shit off them though if they have to use mids like most gun shops. The mids would rape them. The amount of money a chain like dicks can save on guns going direct is not insignificant. They could use buyers groups but would be interesting to see if mossberg would tell the BG to f*** off if they knew one of the customers was dicks...

-Mike

Dicks won't be able to make shit off them though if they have to use mids like most gun shops. The mids would rape them. The amount of money a chain like dicks can save on guns going direct is not insignificant. They could use buyers groups but would be interesting to see if mossberg would tell the BG to f*** off if they knew one of the customers was dicks...

-Mike

Mike, for the win.

-Mike
Or better yet, the BG would refuse Dick's membership.

dicks sporting good's stock is sort of in the shitter....if enough mfr's avoid them we could see investors avoid Dicks. that would be straight hilarious. if their stock plummets i will rejoice.

it's absolutely mindblowing how many times history has repeated itself: a business stands only to lose by bringing politics into their model. they lose sight of their goal (which is to sell stuff and make a profit). these dipshit CEO's are so out of touch with reality their actually believe their own virtue signaling. i sort of feel bad for the the employees whose livelihood relies on Dicks' survival. their CEO and upper management are trash.

dicks sporting good's stock is sort of in the shitter....if enough mfr's avoid them we could see investors avoid Dicks. that would be straight hilarious. if their stock plummets i will rejoice.

it's absolutely mindblowing how many times history has repeated itself: a business stands only to lose by bringing politics into their model. they lose sight of their goal (which is to sell stuff and make a profit). these dipshit CEO's are so out of touch with reality their actually believe their own virtue signaling. i sort of feel bad for the the employees whose livelihood relies on Dicks' survival. their CEO and upper management are trash.

Amen to this!! However I think they figured they would get all the "What about the children" soccer moms on their side. I mean what soccer mom doesnt put kids before scary black rifles? Soccer moms are probably one of their largest demographics. I dont think they planned for the fact that 99% of soccer moms also have Amazon Prime accounts and relatively short attention spans when they decided to declare war on sportsmen and firearms manufacturers.

Not a well thought out strategy.

Last edited:
Amen to this!! However I think they figured they would get all the "What about the children" soccer moms on their side. I mean what soccer mom doesnt put kids before scary black rifles? Soccer moms are probably one of their largest demographics. However, I dont think they planned for the fact that 99% of soccer moms also have Amazon Prime accounts and relatively short attention spans when they decided to declare war on sportsmen and firearms manufacturers.

Not a well thought out strategy.

the anti's have zero loyalty. they are like those zombies in 28 days later. they can never be won over.

Dicks can keep there $500 yeti coolers and China made Wolverine boots. I wear redwings anyway. (Heritage line).

I need a new 590M. Thank you Mossberg

Your move Savage. And Ruger.

There's nothing Ruger can really do, they already put out a press release that they don't sell directly to Dicks. Not sure about Savage, but I would assume the same. The real one we need to get on board is Remington. If they pull the 870s off the shelves, Dicks will have nothing left that will make them any money.

After that, ammo companies need to step up.

I'm still boycotting Ruger,what was that 1994 ?

That was back when Bill Ruger was still at the helm. Ruger management is more user friendly now. Bill wouldn't sell 20 or30 round mini 14 mags to the public back then either. Today Ruger sell mags everywhere but Ma., because A.G. I guess.

Today Ruger sell mags everywhere but Ma., because A.G. I guess.

I wouldn't conflate the AG's bullshit with the magazine limit, which is actual law. Ruger will happily sell you a 5 or 10 rounder for your Mini-14. Ask me how I know.

FYI: the 10 rounders are total shit, yet the 5, 20, and 30 rounders all function flawlessly. I wish I knew why the 10s suck.

I wouldn't conflate the AG's bullshit with the magazine limit, which is actual law. Ruger will happily sell you a 5 or 10 rounder for your Mini-14. Ask me how I know.

FYI: the 10 rounders are total shit, yet the 5, 20, and 30 rounders all function flawlessly. I wish I knew why the 10s suck.
Because they're embarrassed at being castrated. The 5's know they're just immature.

What percentage of DSG's revenue actually comes from firearms and ammunition sales? I can imagine that it's that high.

I guess that I should have stated that I was referring to 20 and 30 round magazines to have been more clear. Sorry.

What percentage of DSG's revenue actually comes from firearms and ammunition sales? I can imagine that it's that high.

Even if it's 10% , if your answering to shareholders it's enough to get your ass bounced if you just pissed it away for nothing.
Its not just the firearms though.
Many gun owners fish , hunt , hike, camp, play sports ect.
Start adding that part up with outdoor clothing and accessories , it's not insignificant .

I guess that I should have stated that I was referring to 20 and 30 round magazines to have been more clear. Sorry.

Yes, the mag limits are actual written law, not AG nonsense. (Even if I personally don't believe it is constitutional)

Back
Top Bottom