Mossberg dumps Dick's

Mine came with a factory nickeled heat shield. I think mine is a 20", 7 plus 1, but I'd rather a 18.5 inch like yours.

For some reason Mossberg doesn't have 18.5" heavy barrel heat-shields. AIMPRO was the only company I could find that would fit properly on the gun without having to scratch up your barrel.
Now I just need a brighter front bead and maybe Hogue furniture on it.

I hope mossberg releases a press statement shading Dick's like Springefield Armory did.

NORTH HAVEN, CT – O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, announced today its decision to discontinue selling products to Dick’s Sporting Goods, and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring of gun control lobbyists in April 2018.

Effective immediately, O.F. Mossberg & Sons will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream, and is in the process of evaluating current contractual agreements

“It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control.” said Iver Mossberg, Chief Executive Officer of O.F. Mossberg & Sons. “Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.”

Consumers are urged to visit one of the thousands of pro-Second Amendment firearm retailers to make their purchases of Mossberg and Maverick® firearms. Firearm retailers can be found through the Mossberg Dealer Locator by visiting Dealers | O.F. Mossberg & Sons.

About O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. Founded in 1919, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America, and is the largest pump-action shotgun manufacturer in the world. Leading the way with over 100 design and utility patents to its credit, and standing as the first ISO 9001 Certified long-gun manufacturer, Mossberg is considered to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers in U.S. History. For more information on commercial, special purpose, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles and accessories, please visit their website at www.mossberg.com.

MEDIA CONTACT Linda Powell, Director of Media Relations [email protected] (336) 441-2923 (Media Only)

https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content...es-Relationship-With-Dicks-Sporting-Goods.pdf

Savage needs to be next, other than the ammo companies. Then, if the fishing brethren can come on board...

Dicks is much bigger that just Dicks. They have a subsidiary called Field and Stream which is big in the south. Kind of like Bass Pro. This could hit them hard if it gains legs

You ever seen, or shot a Mossberg 590A1? Extended mag and plenty of giddyup. They're probably the most forward thinking maker of exotic looking, pump action, shotguns and I'm a Remington 870 police special and Benelli M1 Super 90 guy, who just happened buy a nickeled 590 A1 for boating.
Not to mention their Shockwave! 14" barreled pistol grip......hardly a Fudd gun. Love the letter they include from the ATF!

If we (as in all gun owners) could contact Remington,Federal,ATK etc and demand they stop selling to Dicks and explain we rarely buy ammo there anyway,it could gain momentum.It sucks that the employees are going to be the ones hurt in the end though.

Not really. We'll still buy Federal, etc. - just at a real retailer, with reasonable prices!

Here's hoping down that they go down drain just like Sports Authority did after they stopped selling guns post Columbine.

This.^^^
How many volley balls, softball bats and basketballs to you have to sell in a year to pay for a single brick-n-mortar store anyway?...

The brand is going to be hurt by these regardless of the other BS they sell in their "Dicks" stores. With Mossberg, Springfield, and Hi-Point spear heading this trend, all that will be needed is for Mossy-Oak, Realtree, Ducks Unlimited and a couple more firearm/ammo manufacturers to follow suit and their Field & Stream stores will go belly up within months.

I cant see how their stock can remain stable when they have to close 35 stores in the next 1-2 years.

Hopefully their poor business decisions will make other companies think twice before jumping onto the anti-gun bandwagon to bankruptcy.

I'm thinking of cutting the grass in this getup that Freddy is in lol.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIbCvfkO3E

Wait, that isn't far from my bathing suit and no-socks sneakers I mow with in the summer. Sometimes a jump in the pool for glistening effect. But stranger still, what does this have to do with this thread?

This.^^^
How many volley balls, softball bats and basketballs to you have to sell in a year to pay for a single brick-n-mortar store anyway?...

Yeah, but they sell TONS of high margin sneakers, Under Armor, and other name brand apparel. I don't really know where else to go to get soccer gear.

Yeah, but they sell TONS of high margin sneakers, Under Armor, and other name brand apparel. I don't really know where else to go to get soccer gear.

I figured the internet would cover most of these?... minus the high margins.

Back
Top Bottom