• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick's in Maine

It was nice to move up here and see guns and ammo in Wal Mart and Dick's but it will be short lived. I stopped in the Dick's in Topsham Maine yesterday and one of the employees told me they are wiping out gun and ammo sales next year. He told me the stores here in Maine were some of the last ones to finally fall.

DSG has been on an NES boycott list for a few years now. It’s a miracle they are even still in business at all, lol
More teenagers and pre-teens playing (and their parents dumping $$ on gear for) baseball, soccer, football, golf, track, volleyball, softball, etc, than hunters in most parts of the country.

I used to go to the original Dick’s. Great little shop with a bit of everything for the outdoorsman. Those days are gone and not coming back.

They were never a “gun-nut”, tactical Timmy, ARF, kind of place, so aside from the ornery fudds, hunters and fishermen here, you didn’t miss much.

It was nice to move up here and see guns and ammo in Wal Mart and Dick's but it will be short lived. I stopped in the Dick's in Topsham Maine yesterday and one of the employees told me they are wiping out gun and ammo sales next year. He told me the stores here in Maine were some of the last ones to finally fall.
Why would you give them any business?

Dick's is a good showroom for golf stuff. Try it there for convenience, go buy somewhere else. Although now it is full of golf warehouses and shops everywhere.

Gun lover moves to free State and gives money to anti gun store. Makes sense (sarc).

well now, i'm a bastard and a scab. i go anywhere i'll get a steal of a deal. if the devil himself were selling discount trips to hell in the nes classifieds, i'd buy one. now, a gc story. when i was looking for a decent, low cost scope, actually 2, for a couple of 10/22 builds, i couldn't find any that i liked. usually it was a parallax issue on that low buck glass. dicks in danvers was closing out their gun accessories. they had a pair of nikon prostaff rimfire scopes, a 3x9 and a 4x12, just what i was looking for. these were the last ones in the store. i'm close to the truth if i said i walked out with both for 65 bucks. i think i'm remembering that right. that was 65 bucks for both, not each. one was new, the other was a demo. and who ever i was dealing with, it may have been a manager, said he'd send the demo back to their distributor to exchange it for a new one if i wanted if i found something wrong with it. i didn't. still have them on the 2 rifles. i'm not proud to admit where i got them. i'm frugal and go where i think i smell a deal. dick's shit was smelling like a rose that day.

Like @Broc said, between Cabela's, Bass Pro, Dick's, etc. I can't remember the last time I spent any money in there, but they were convenient enough for me to go to check out something I was interested in and wanted to handle and then go to Brownells or some other place to order it. If Dick's is someone's go-to place and they're lamenting the loss of them, they're completely unaware of the other resources available to them.

As stated, they are a whore store where you go in and try something on for size and fit, then purchase elsewhere. Plain and simple just USE them for a fitting room.

A while ago, my son worked at Dick's in the Lodge. At least I knew that there was one gun dept. employee that knew his stuff. [laugh]

He bought a .308 rifle. Then, they changed the policy, and he was now "too young" to have bought it. So, he returned it for a refund (per store policy), and gave his notice.

Why would you give them any business?

Dick's is a good showroom for golf stuff. Try it there for convenience, go buy somewhere else. Although now it is full of golf warehouses and shops everywhere.

Gun lover moves to free State and gives money to anti gun store. Makes sense (sarc).
I buy fishing equipment there sometimes, not for guns or ammo. When they discount their fishing like the $99 Shimano reels that I bought for $39. That's why. When lure prices have doubled and tripled, it's good to get them at 50% off or more.

I buy fishing equipment there sometimes, not for guns or ammo. When they discount their fishing like the $99 Shimano reels that I bought for $39. That's why. When lure prices have doubled and tripled, it's good to get them at 50% off or more.
Al, your giving money to support an anti 2A Woke company. Wake the f*** up.

A while ago, my son worked at Dick's in the Lodge. At least I knew that there was one gun dept. employee that knew his stuff. [laugh]

He bought a .308 rifle. Then, they changed the policy, and he was now "too young" to have bought it. So, he returned it for a refund (per store policy), and gave his notice.
If he was giving his notice, and the sale was legal, why did he return it?

It's like accepting the Bass Pro that "The Glock you bought must be returned" as valid.

Last edited:
Just stop it. You’re directly supporting the same people who want to disarm us.
Wake the f*** up!!

If he was giving his notice, and the sale was legal, why did he return it?
Yep Yes GIF by zoefannet

Did you try searching online?

Usually if Dick's has a sale, there is a sale going on and can be found for the same or cheaper online.

Dick's has been open about disarming people and removing these weapons of war from the streets.

Back
Top Bottom