Mossberg 500 Road Blocker

Anyone have any experience with one of these yet? I wouldn't mind picking up a shotgun before the end of the year. It originally was going to me a JIC Mariner model but this caught my interest.

I haven't been able to get that many reviews on it. Everyone wants to know if the muzzle brake really works. Or does it just look ridiculous?

mossburg500roadblocker.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone wants to know if the muzzle brake really works. Or does it just look ridiculous?

Yes. To both.

A pistol grip shotgun is very hard to shoot with any accuracy. The brake will help. But it does look goofy. And, people next to you will curse you for the noise. I wouldn't want to touch one off in a hallway.

can you have a folding stock in MA?

I'd rather have a Remington tactical with the factory tube extension and the fold over stock if it were available to me.

My son has the Road Blocker. We were actually shooting it Sunday. It is certainly a close range shotgun. Yes, it is loud for those around you, but everyone should be wearing hearing protection anyway. We were using a spring loaded clay thrower, and after a box or so he was hitting them pretty good. Found he had to shoot them as quickly as possible because once the clays got a little further away the shot was spread out too much.We stepped it up a notch and started shooting full cans of beer instead of clays and he continued to hit them. Granted, this isn't a gun for clay shooting, and it's nothing like shooting a standard shotgun, but it rates pretty high on the "FUN" meter if you want to do some close range hip shooting. [smile]

My son has the Road Blocker. We were actually shooting it Sunday. It is certainly a close range shotgun. Yes, it is loud for those around you, but everyone should be wearing hearing protection anyway. We were using a spring loaded clay thrower, and after a box or so he was hitting them pretty good. Found he had to shoot them as quickly as possible because once the clays got a little further away the shot was spread out too much.We stepped it up a notch and started shooting full cans of beer instead of clays and he continued to hit them. Granted, this isn't a gun for clay shooting, and it's nothing like shooting a standard shotgun, but it rates pretty high on the "FUN" meter if you want to do some close range hip shooting. [smile]

I hate you.

Shooting at full beer cans is they only safe way to mix firearms and alcohol. Just to be clear, I don't drink and my son is 19.. We shot at full beer cans because you can pick up a case pretty cheap and when you hit them after they have been shaken it looks pretty cool.

Alcohol abuse - pure and simple....Ben Franklin is crying in heaven...[cheers]

Maybe it was Milwaukees Best or Old Milwaukee. Or one of those crappy light beers. I think even Ben would shoot that stuff- he'd probably consider it a waste of a perfectly good brewery to produce it. [laugh]

-Mike

Shooting at full beer cans is they only safe way to mix firearms and alcohol. Just to be clear, I don't drink and my son is 19.. We shot at full beer cans because you can pick up a case pretty cheap and when you hit them after they have been shaken it looks pretty cool.

We've done it. But the rule is, if you miss it, you have to drink it.[laugh]

May look ridiculous and definitely noisy but when I am out plowing at night my wife is curled up with the dogs and the Mossberg . Gives her a sense of comfort and false security. Personally I prefer the XD with the light mount.

LT1MCSS,

I too was going to get a JIC Mossy, but picked up the "Rolling Thunder" version instead. It's identical to the Road Block (I think) but with a giant compensator up front. It's awesome, but with the pistol grip I can't hit dung. I've been trying to find a top folding stock for it, but the online stores I tried ordering from won't ship to MA, because they claim (and they're wrong) "collapsible stocks are illegal in MA," I posted an old thread griping about this. But these Mossy's are cheap and make a great HD shotty IMO.

I hate to laugh at someone elses expense, but that was funny. Guess we all know now that if you're shooting a pistol shotgun, don't hold it close to your face like you do with a shotgun with a stock.

Back
Top Bottom