More than 10 people killed in Nova Scotia rampage

That’s sadistic. I know the thread turned to him possibly having cracked and pressure put on people with the economy shut down leading to other outbursts, but this was in planning for quite some time. I don’t think he acquired a uniform and detailed his Ford to look identical to a RCMP car in the last few weeks. He obviously had some form of accelerant (molotovs?) and a well thought out plan. This happened overnight so those people who’s homes were set on fire had it done late at night/early early morning. You wake up to a fire, get the fam outside only to be ambushed by someone in a police uniform. I don’t think any degree of situational awareness helps in that situation. If you run out of your flaming house to see a police officer 100 out of 100 times you think he’s there to help. That’s some deep seeded psychological fu*kery.

True, but keep in mind, it's possible the victims might have seen him start the fire. Any NESer sees that and they're exiting the house with an AR-15 in hand. These people didn't have that option.

True, but keep in mind, it's possible the victims might have seen him start the fire. Any NESer sees that and they're exiting the house with an AR-15 in hand. These people didn't have that option.

Well, yes, I can’t argue that. If ai saw someone sneaking around my house at night, I’d probably be on alert. However, considering this all started at 22:30 in a very quiet corner of beautiful Nova Scotia, I’m going to assume his victims were none the wiser and he probably ambushed those poor people.

What's he planning on doing?

Ahhhh. Australia II.

Ban and buy back "assault weapons," then help cities and towns ban handguns. Much ado about nothing, probably, especially with Parliament out of session and more achieveable things to do.

Ahhhh. Australia II.

Ban and buy back "assault weapons," then help cities and towns ban handguns. Much ado about nothing, probably, especially with Parliament out of session and more achieveable things to do.
Probably.

How restless are the natives getting up there cuz virus crap? It may backfire. They're even protesting here IN CONNECTICUT now. It's becoming obvious they took a bona fide serious concern, then rode it like a hobbyhorse.

Canada only has 34k cases of the Rona and their curve is already flatter than ours. I don't think restless natives are a massive concern there.

Canada only has 34k cases of the Rona and their curve is already flatter than ours. I don't think restless natives are a massive concern there.
Actually, that's MORE of a reason for the natives to get restless. Here in Connecticut, ours WAS flattening, then they goosed the numbers, with some excuse about "CDC guidance" (bullshit). For the northern hemisphere, this is a decreasing concern. More of a concern is the overreaction to it. And people have had enough.

I'll be blunt: if they don't want out-and-out mayhem, they'd better cool it, and soon. Canada tends to be more... bovine about these things, but eventually they'll reach their breaking point as well.

wait.... doesn't Canada have a ban on almost all guns?
It is now illegal to possess an unregistered handgun or any kind of rapid-fire weapon in Canada. The country also requires training, a personal risk assessment, two references, spousal notification and criminal record checks to purchase a weapon.

All them gun laws. I bet just one more would have prevented this.

Well, yes, I can’t argue that. If ai saw someone sneaking around my house at night, I’d probably be on alert. However, considering this all started at 22:30 in a very quiet corner of beautiful Nova Scotia, I’m going to assume his victims were none the wiser and he probably ambushed those poor people.

Yeah, most likely. My point was if he tried this in say, NH, he'd be sneaking around at night with molotov cocktails, wondering if some armed resident happened to look out the window. Very different environment to a gun-free Nova Scotia.

So it looks like this guy was obsessed with the RMCP from an early age and had “meticulously” planned his whole scenario out. A millionaire mass killer.

It is now illegal to possess an unregistered handgun or any kind of rapid-fire weapon in Canada. The country also requires training, a personal risk assessment, two references, spousal notification and criminal record checks to purchase a weapon.

All them gun laws. I bet just one more would have prevented this.

trudeau said they are working on banning military style weapons. What else can be banned? Still doesn’t solve the problem.

So it looks like this guy was obsessed with the RMCP from an early age and had “meticulously” planned his whole scenario out. A millionaire mass killer.
Canada's version of Stephen Paddock. Without the police obsession.

Anyone notice this story wasn't the lead story on many newscasts. It was barely covered. It was still full on Covid 19, we are all gonna die and Donald Trump opening the country too early was akin to the Germans sending the Jews to the gas chambers.

I did notice that, and I'm still noticing that, and I'm also noticing that for some reason, the RCMP are being very very cautious about what information they meter out.

I get that the crime scene is dozens of miles long in a remote area during a pandemic. That's a tough investigation. But still, they're being really slow to get the info out.

Australia does not have a complete semi-auto ban.
Class D license required for semiauto. Next to impossible for the average Australian to get. Class C, which covers pump shotguns, only available to farmers and "professional shooters". Similar to our "post-1986 dealer samples" and almost impossible for the average Australian to obtain. The most common guns there are bolt-action rifles, double barreled shotguns and straight-pull repeating shotguns under a Class A or Class B license, which police have absolute discretion over issuance.

Class D license required for semiauto. Next to impossible for the average Australian to get. Class C, which covers pump shotguns, only available to farmers and "professional shooters". Similar to our "post-1986 dealer samples" and almost impossible for the average Australian to obtain. The most common guns there are bolt-action rifles, double barreled shotguns and straight-pull repeating shotguns under a Class A or Class B license, which police have absolute discretion over issuance.
and I believe self defense is not a reason the police accept.
and the cops have to leave there guns at the station when they arent working.

Laws fix it all

"Mass shootings are relatively rare in Canada. The country overhauled its gun-control laws after gunman Marc Lepine killed 14 women and himself at Montreal’s Ecole Polytechnique college in 1989. Before this weekend’s rampage, that had been the country’s worst"

Death toll up to 22 and expected rise as they comb through burned out homes.

I also read in another unlinked article that some of the victims were pulled over (he was in a decommissioned police cruiser and full uniform) and executed on the side of the road. The level of deceit is incredible. There is no situational awareness here, none. I don’t care how ultra-operator you are. If someone in a police uniform, driving a police cruiser, pulls you over, you’re pulling over and obeying for the most part. Maybe I get inquisitive at the request to exit the vehicle, but I’m not a ‘traveler’ immune from law and if the guy seems nice, I’m probably complying.

The deterrent of armed citizens is still the best defense - this guy knew his victims would be unarmed. Armed victim changes everything.

The shooter was dressed as law enforcement. Even an armed victim is going to hesitate to fire on someone dressed as law enforcement. Most would anyway and that gives the shooter the edge.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom