More than 10 people killed in Nova Scotia rampage

We are missing something here. Otherwise it would be spattered all over the front page of the Globe and CNN.

Didn't happen in america (Canada might as well be that place where like trees, some oil and gold come from, and like 5 people live there) and probably one other thing that makes them care less, like guy practices islam or something, or has something optics wise that makes the "state" there look really bad, etc.

-Mike

Was listening to Canadian radio (CBC) last night and they said by Sunday morning the Mounties knew about him and were sending out alerts on Twitter (!) instead of using the Amber Alert system that would have lit up everyone's cell phone. The chase went on for 100 km. (60+ miles) before they nailed him, and he killed random people along the way.

We are missing something here. Otherwise it would be spattered all over the front page of the Globe and CNN.

It's because it doesn't fit the narrative to criminalize US gun owners - Laws like the ones Canada already has in place have been pushed by the left and the Media to be THE solution; so better to ignore the story than write about it

It's because it doesn't fit the narrative to criminalize US gun owners - Laws like the ones Canada already has in place have been pushed by the left and the Media to be THE solution; so better to ignore the story than write about it
Exactly. This story is further PROOF that gun control doesn’t work...AT ALL. Just in case Shitcago and other craphole cities in the US where nobody (other than the criminals) is allowed to defend themselves

If one of the protected groups was killed during this, you can bank on the Canadian and US media would be blaming Trump and his support of Freedom for the shooting.

Has there been any explanation as to how this guy was able to run amuck for hours and not be stopped?
I had posted a couple of articles that give some insight into this. They had no real warning system and he was dressed as an RCMP.

I had posted a couple of articles that give some insight into this. They had no real warning system and he was dressed as an RCMP.
I did read they tried to use Twitter as an alert system which is retarded. I knew about the uniform. But this spree went on for hours.

I did read they tried to use Twitter as an alert system which is retarded. I knew about the uniform. But this spree went on for hours.
It covered a lot of area and he set houses on fire which probably divided sources etc. or they just wanted to be sure they had a high body count. Only they know for sure and we'll probably never know for sure.

Trudeau wants to ban "assault weapons."

I posit that this shooter a) didn't have one, and b) didn't need one.

If he a) HAD one, we'd know every damned thing about it by now. There would be photos posted of it everywhere. We'd know how many magazines he had, what sort of optic it had, etc. Since they haven't posted those pics or any information, I'm thinking he had a revolver and maybe a bolt-action rifle and some sort of shotgun. He did steal the lady officer's weapon after killing her, so maybe he did acquire a semi-automatic firearm along the way.

He b) didn't need it, because this wasn't a "mass" killing of a bunch of people in a short amount of time (as in a school shooting). This was a multi-location serial killer. He likely only needed one or two shots per victim(s), and had plenty of time to reload between each crime scene.

Trudeau wants to ban "assault weapons."

I posit that this shooter a) didn't have one, and b) didn't need one.

If he a) HAD one, we'd know every damned thing about it by now. There would be photos posted of it everywhere. We'd know how many magazines he had, what sort of optic it had, etc. Since they haven't posted those pics or any information, I'm thinking he had a revolver and maybe a bolt-action rifle and some sort of shotgun. He did steal the lady officer's weapon after killing her, so maybe he did acquire a semi-automatic firearm along the way.

He b) didn't need it, because this wasn't a "mass" killing of a bunch of people in a short amount of time (as in a school shooting). This was a multi-location serial killer. He likely only needed one or two shots per victim(s), and had plenty of time to reload between each crime scene.
You're thinking logically, and in terms of facts. That's not how the Left works. I keep repeating it: they don't even ascribe fixed meanings to words. Everything is to be left airy-fairy, right up until the moment THEY need it to mean something they want it to mean, and can send their stormtroopers to enforce it.

That's their Ultimate Thing. Destroying even the means of arguing rationally so you CAN'T. To them, there IS no logic.

I suspect this was the real danger Dat Voman was warning us about. Honestly I thought she was exaggerating. She wasn't.

I won't repost the Alice in Wonderland Humpty-Dumpty graphic cuz I've done it enough already. Incorporated by reference.

I apologize if this was posted already, but maybe this was the source of the weapons.

Nova Scotia RCMP investigating after 8 handguns, 4 AR-15 rifles stolen from home
alex-2017-e1496427333172.jpg

BY ALEXANDER QUON GLOBAL NEWS
Posted January 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the government will share details within days of its plan to ban what it has been describing since the fall election as “assault-style” firearms. The term is not a legal classification of guns in Canada but is commonly used to refer to automatic or semi-automatic centrefire weapons capable of firing large amounts of ammunition in a very short time. In Canada, automatic weapons are already prohibited except when grandfather rights apply but a range of semi-automatic firearms can be legally bought, sold and owned. A report by CBC News said 11 firearms in total will be banned. Among those semi-automatic firearms reportedly set to be banned are the AR-15, Ruger Mini-14, CZ Scorpion, the Swiss Arms Classic Green, the Beretta Cx4 Storm, the Robinson Armament XCR and the Sig Sauer SIG MCX, along with other similar types.

Nova Scotia Premier Stephen McNeil won’t commit to a public inquiry into the mass shooting that claimed the lives of 22 Nova Scotians last month, saying for now that decision rests with the federal government. “There will be a review, I’m sure,” said McNeil during a teleconference call with reporters Thursday.” It’s our belief that the national government will lead that as they see fit (and) we as a provincial government will provide the support where we can.” McNeil said the RCMP falls under federal government jurisdiction and that provincial Justice Minister Mark Furey, who oversees policing in Nova Scotia, has been in close communication with his federal counterpart, Public Safety Minister Bill Blair, looking into various review options. “We believe that the national government will work its way through this as the investigation continues," said McNeil. "We’ll continue to work with them on what is the best way for the federal government to proceed on whether or not they will have some form of commission or inquiry as we go forward.” Both levels of government can launch separate public inquiries that could include participation from both provincial and federal authorities. Furey has the power under the province’s Fatalities Investigations Act to call an inquiry if he thinks it’s in the public interest or the interest of public safety.

The way the Canadian government is sitting on the investigation leads me to believe this is another Parkland, FL. The authorities knew they had a ticking time bomb and let him go off to further a desired policy outcome.

No.

They've said he had at least four firearms, including two handguns and two rifles. They've said that three of the four are believed to have been sourced (illegally) from the USA, and that one was obtained (illegally) in Canada. They've said that two of the four could be described as "assault weapons".

We also know that after he'd shot and killed Constable Stevenson, he'd stolen her sidearm and her magazines.

Back
Top Bottom