• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More MSP Malfeasense

One of three state troopers accused of selling used department guns to a state contractor and receiving free personal weapons in return is cooperating with investigators and has been granted immunity from criminal prosecution.

The Boston Globe reports that Trooper Robert Outwater, who has remained suspended without pay for nearly two years as the Office of Attorney General Maura Healey investigates the allegations of improper weapons sales, signed a cooperation agreement in September.

Sources told the Globe that Outwater admitted to receiving free guns and agreed to pay a $5,000 civil fine for violating state ethics law, but will not face more serious charges.

MassLive first reported last week that a statewide grand jury was investigating the case and considering whether to bring criminal charges.
Massachusetts State Police Trooper admits receiving free weapons in gun trade probe

If private citizens participated in illegal gun sales I wonder what the penalties would be?

In these cases snitches get sent to DV or armed robbery calls in the worst places imaginable and backup is somehow always "Tied up" and "Unavailable" until they catch one.
Of course i'm being facetious since he'll never work as a cop again but will get probation, and his full pension.

If private citizens participated in illegal gun sales I wonder what the penalties would be?
What was done was not an illegal gun sale....
The vendor took surplus guns and gave the MSP credits against future purchases. This is how they do it. What is unethical is the fact these troopers got personal guns from them as a bonus. I think there is more hear than reported. Maybe the surplus firearms were mint in box?

Of course i'm being facetious since he'll never work as a cop again but will get probation, and his full pension.

You would hope, but he might very well end up a cop somewhere else. In a number of cases a cop gets fired or resigns for something crazy, and 6 months later they catch on two towns over once the heat dies down.

You would hope, but he might very well end up a cop somewhere else. In a number of cases a cop gets fired or resigns for something crazy, and 6 months later they catch on two towns over once the heat dies down.

Yup, we had one who knocked up a 17 year old , in the cruiser , on duty.
Next town over snapped him right up.

What was done was not an illegal gun sale....
The vendor took surplus guns and gave the MSP credits against future purchases. This is how they do it. What is unethical is the fact these troopers got personal guns from them as a bonus. I think there is more hear than reported. Maybe the surplus firearms were mint in box?

Assuming that the guns that were marked as surplus per the command staff were in fact surplus firearms. My guess is they weren't and all involved knew there was a nice big kickback if they marked enough of them surplus to sell.

Which firearms did they get as "bonuses"? How many did they get etc. Still alot to learn that we will probably never heard about.

My prediction...

1. Granted immunity.
2. Paid a fine.
3. Doesn't have any first hand knowledge of anything.

My prediction.
1. Claim “on going investigation”
2 flush down memory hole with lack of info.
3. Perp retires on disability with a non disclosure
4 lather rinse repeat

In these cases snitches get sent to DV or armed robbery calls in the worst places imaginable and backup is somehow always "Tied up" and "Unavailable" until they catch one.

These are troopers. Troopers generally don’t do typical policing. They primarily do highway patrol.

These are troopers. Troopers generally don’t do typical policing. They primarily do highway patrol.

True, but that is the general way anybody who turns in another officer is treated on police forces no matter what the other guy did.

True, but that is the general way anybody who turns in another officer is treated on police forces no matter what the other guy did.
But I thought that it's "just one bad apple" and that the rest of the cops want them out just as badly as we do. I don't understand why an honest cop would be upset at somebody who exposed a dishonest cop who is making them look bad.

Or am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom