Moonbats in sheeps clothing...Know any people like this??

My boss owns in the vicinity of 50-60 firearms, bitches about taxes all the time, is a "devout catholic", anti union, has a very sick wife and uses our healthcare plan extensively...the list goes on. So, we're having a conversation the other day and he brings up the massachusetts senate race. Now, remember what he pisses and moans about all the time, he tells me how Mike Capuano seems like by far the best candidate out of them all and he's voting for him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BOSS???!!! Do you know any people like this that enjoy certain rights and whatnot and vote for the very people that want to take them all away??!!

IMO, these people are like the ones still plugged into the Matrix. They know something is wrong, they can feel it in their bones. But they don't know that they can actually do something about it.

They haven't been awakened yet.

Talking to boss about politics: not usually a career-enhancing opportunity.

I suggested to the people at work that they sexually harass each other rather than discuss politics. Why? Eventually, people get tired of talking about sex....[wink]

A lot of people don't even realize that the four goons you see on TV--Coakley, Pagliuca, Capuano, AND Khazei-- are running for the DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY.

The actual election is Jan 19 and will have others including [drum roll please] a Massachusetts Republican.

Republicrats.

I know many people like this, who find it easier to call themselves a Democrat, than know what they really are, or vote for whoever touched them the most emotionally, or who just gives the vibe they like. This is attraction, not intellectual.

A lot of people don't even realize that the four goons you see on TV--Coakley, Pagliuca, Capuano, AND Khazei-- are running for the DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY.

The actual election is Jan 19 and will have others including [drum roll please] a Massachusetts Republican.

... I dont believe you

I know some. Let's see a buddy who lives a little North of Boston, who considers himself both a Democrat and a libertarian. I see these things as logically inconsistent. You simply cannot be both.

These people only ever learn about their choices from the TV ads. They never ONCE do any bit of research to see how the person REALLY thinks.

Television advertising is what it is simply because the sheep see and obey.

I am sure you are right. But in this case I could tell from random TV watching that Capuana is a loser just based on his own ads. That goes for rest of them too. They all have terrible ads, and are all trying to look as leftwing as possible. They only good thing about this is that all but one of them will lose. The bad thing is the non-loser likely will be a senator.

He probably gets his news from the Boston Globe. According to them, the Democrat primary is to determine who take over Teddy's seat in the Senate. Those are your choices; there simply are no other options, whether Republican, Libertarian, or any other variety. In their eyes, democracy means that the people get whichever Democrat they choose.

The other possibility is that he's from one of those "devout catholic" households centered around a little shrine with pictures of the Blessed Virgin and JFK, of equal size and significance.

Ken

He probably gets his news from the Boston Globe. According to them, the Democrat primary is to determine who take over Teddy's seat in the Senate. Those are your choices; there simply are no other options, whether Republican, Libertarian, or any other variety. In their eyes, democracy means that the people get whichever Democrat they choose.

The other possibility is that he's from one of those "devout catholic" households centered around a little shrine with pictures of the Blessed Virgin and JFK, of equal size and significance.

Ken

It is such a tragedy that JFK was assassinated. If he had lived he would have been able to prove himself so unworthy of the worship he received in death.

Ya, I have a cousin who, if asked about specific issues will seem moderate right, but he voted for Obongo. He's pro 2A, hates big gov, anti- tax, etc but then votes for people who push the exact opposite.

I don't get it.

Ken

It would be awesome if the vast majority went out to vote in the primaries and completely forget that the general is a month after.. And extremely low democrat turnout at the general election would be a wonderful thing.. Can we all pray for bad weather that day too??

It would be awesome if the vast majority went out to vote in the primaries and completely forget that the general is a month after.. And extremely low democrat turnout at the general election would be a wonderful thing.. Can we all pray for bad weather that day too??

It would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.[laugh]

My boss owns in the vicinity of 50-60 firearms, bitches about taxes all the time, is a "devout catholic", anti union, has a very sick wife and uses our healthcare plan extensively...the list goes on. So, we're having a conversation the other day and he brings up the massachusetts senate race. Now, remember what he pisses and moans about all the time, he tells me how Mike Capuano seems like by far the best candidate out of them all and he's voting for him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BOSS???!!! Do you know any people like this that enjoy certain rights and whatnot and vote for the very people that want to take them all away??!!

Yes, I know plenty of them(I don't associate with them, just know them).
Tell him to KILL HIS TELEVISION, get on the internet and do some real research on the candidates other than the phoney ads they pass off as reality.

Let's see if I have this right.

1) Gun Collector
2) Hates Paying Taxes
3) Hates Unions
4) Consistently votes for Liberal Democrats

Yup, Mass is loaded with these types.
They're called douchebags.
[frown]

Some people convert overtime. When I was younger I was brainwashed by the Demobrigade and thought that they were the guys I wanted in the government and the republicans were the bad guys that just cared about big business and whatnot. Then as I smartened up I learned the Dems and other liberals were the freedom taking weasels they are(aside from maybe 1 or 2 decent ones you hear about every now and then). I think some people are just blind to this fact and continually vote upon what they see in those reps commercials. They forget to do their research and find where the dirt is.

Bad weather would help. What would be even nicer is if there were a 12 hour reality TV marathon on the tube. That alone would decrease Democratic turnout by 75%. I'm thinking of two teams of moonbat liberals with Obama and Deval as captains. Put each team on an island and see which team would be quickest at throwing all of the island's wealth and natural resources into the sea, never to be seen again.

The winning team gets a government bailout and the losing team gets government run healthcare. Then the Navy and Air Force get to use both islands for gunnery practice.

Win all the way around.

Its from drinking the "kool-aid" I see references to here and there on this board. People seem level headed and sane until they step into the voting booth. Brain cramps set in and they vote for the one person that wants to take away everything that person holds dear. Nothing you can do about it. Its the libtard-moodbat aura that is MA. Its gonna happen again and again and again. Trying to do something about it is like banging your head against a brick wall. It only feels good when you stop. So, I'm done....I'm outta here by next summer - one way or another.

Massachusetts: The land where even the republicans are democrats.
I think Mass parents should institute a form of Rumspringa where their children are sent to a free state for one year to live free and then decide on their own if they should come back... [laugh]

I've said it before, I'll say it again, many natives here have been slogging through this feces so long they don't even notice the smell any more... [thinking]

I think that I have had a change of heart, guys. I actually agree with most of you on this. to the op.. i was just like your boss, up until this past election. I voted for obama, and now am seeing that promises do not make paychecks, so to speak. the man is useless. I also feel that if the republican candidates in this state would be a little more direct in their attacks against democrats, and call them out DIRECTLY for the money they have wasted, the votes they have squandered, and the freedoms they have taken away, then people may just see past a little of the tv rhetoric. I refuse to believe that most people in this state are rabid liberals, i think that most are more moderate, and most feel the pocketbook pinch just like you or I. but, we need the non-democrat candidates to at least have a debate!!! or to make themselves known, a little!!! If I was brown, how could I expect someone to vote for me if I never even attempted to make myself known???

Back
Top Bottom