Model of 1917 (Enfields) are at CMP!

USMA-82

NES Member
If you have been waiting for one, get your form in ASAP! There are apparently only 700-800 of them available in this batch, and if the M-1 Carbine sale is any example, they will be gone in a few weeks.

Rack Grade going for $350 each, Service Grade - $450 each.

Mostly Eddystone, but some Remington and Winchester mixed in.

Check them out at www.odcmp.com

My 1917 Eddystone is one of my favorite rifles. It's a tack shooter and just feels right in my hands.

If you've got the $$, get one quick before they're gone.

17tree.jpg

USMA-82 said:
If you have been waiting for one, get your form in ASAP! There are apparently only 700-800 of them available in this batch, and if the M-1 Carbine sale is any example, they will be gone in a few weeks.

Rack Grade going for $350 each, Service Grade - $450 each.

Mostly Eddystone, but some Remington and Winchester mixed in.

Check them out at www.odcmp.com

:::sigh::: My wife is gonna kill you for this. I can't take all the blame for my order, I'll have to say you sent the link.

Well I've got the order form filled out but I'm reluctant to send it in. I'd have to get service grade for $450 and after reading some info on mixmaster 1917s on diferent forums I've heard of some receiver problems, plus for that cash I could get a beautiful 91/59 Mosin Nagant ($150) and VG condition M98/22 Persian Mauser ($199), two more rifles that are getting rare and are still on my gotta get one list.[thinking]

What receiver problems? The 17 is about as sturdy as you can get !

Don't worry about the 'cracked' receiver issues on the Eddystones. That is a VERY rare problem that occurred when a barrel was incorrectly installed.

Get the 17. Mosins are all over the place and will be for sometime to come. The 17's are getting hard to find.

+1 Pilgrim

Mine is a mixmaster of sorts - mostly Eddystone, but a few Remington - and it shoots great! I especially like the fact it uses a standard, readily-available cartridge, and is heavy enough to minimize recoil.

It is just a substantial, solid-looking bolt action rifle that was certainly more battlefield-ready than the Model 1903 that eventually won out in the "pretty is best" competition of post World War I.

Trust me, this will be one of those opportunities when you will look back a few years from now and say, "Damn it! I could have had an actual Model of 1917 for less than $500 bucks back in 2006."

A word to the wise Milsurpaholic....

Maybe you guys are right. I guess next step is get that form in tomorrows mail, then go outside the supermarket and start pan handling for change to get the other 2.[smile]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
.... go outside the supermarket and start pan handling for change to get the other 2.[smile]
Or.... you could [GASP] sell something[rofl2]
C'mon, there's got to be some dusty old guns in the back of the vault.

Well, my order for the 1917 sould be half way to the CMP by now. Once the heat breaks I think I'll take a few rifles out and snap some shots in the back yard so I can get rid the milsurp card bill down a little before winter.

Milsurps 4 Me .... i am always interested in making a good home for a unwanted rifle if you need to make room :)

No service grades left

Just got back from vacation and had not seen the CMP site in a while. Service grades sold out on August 7th. Tell me (convince me?) again that the Rack grade is still worth taking a chance on the condition........ I did so well on condition with my M1 Garand and 1903s, I guess I should just answer my own question and place the order....

Just got back from vacation and had not seen the CMP site in a while. Service grades sold out on August 7th. Tell me (convince me?) again that the Rack grade is still worth taking a chance on the condition........ I did so well on condition with my M1 Garand and 1903s, I guess I should just answer my own question and place the order....

These are rifles that were on loan to VFW clubs that fired blanks in them in parades. Not all of them were fired, but most of them were. I've seen pictures and heard some horror stories of people getting SG ones and having the sewer pipe bore arrive. Some have gotten nice ones though, but the rack grade ones I heard were pretty bad in the bore. Seems they were never cleaned after having shot blanks in them.[sad]
I missed out on the SG order and I'm kinda glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom