Missed this: Kimbers are now MA legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have one but I always thought they were one of the better quality 1911s out there, and admittedly some of that thinking is based on advertising. It's strange too, a lot of people trash Armscorp, but I have one of their 1911s in 10mm and the damn thing just works. I had a rough start with that gun but found their CS to be excellent and they made it right quickly.

Perception is greater than reality, Kimber is great at making a lot of their guns look pretty, but sometimes the parts and fitment leave a lot to be desired.

Its with anything else though you can sometimes get lucky. Actually RIA/Armscor is an example of sometimes being able to get lucky. Some of those phillipines guns are decent for what
they are. Back when I used to sell those things at gun shows for this or that dealer, the RIAs were a much better product than say, gutter trash like the Remington R1. God what a piece of shit those things were.

Yes, I wish I could buy a CZ Shadow 2 from a MA store but I can't. To pretend that one's inconvenience trumps the life and peril of another individual is selfish and arrogant.
YOU can't buy one, because you don't which MA stores to go to, or how to accomplish it.
To pretend that others can't follow the law and buy new CZ Shadows from MA dealers is arrogant, because it's not true.

Just because you do what your (presumably crappy) FFLs tell you doesn't mean that's the reality for everyone else. I know many people who have legally purchased new CZ Shadows from MA FFLs. It can be done. Plenty of people on here have done it. A friend of mine bought a brand new Kimber as a MA resident like three years ago. He must have "missed this."

YOU can't buy one, because you don't which MA stores to go to, or how to accomplish it.
To pretend that other's can't follow the law and buy new CZ Shadows from MA dealers is arrogant, because it's not true.

Just because you do what your (presumably crappy) FFLs tell you doesn't mean that's the reality for everyone else. I know many people who have legally purchased new CZ Shadows from MA FFLs. It can be done. Plenty of people on here have done it. A friend of mine bought a brand new Kimber as a MA resident like three years ago. He must have "missed this."
This is wonderful, would you mind PM me on how and where to accomplish this?

I wasn't into handguns back then... I suppose it's better to be late to dinner than skip it altogether. I'm hopeful things will improve.

Just means I'm getting old. Me and a co-worker did a deal for two when they first moved to Yonkers. They were both great guns , no problems and tack drivers. For the money at the time they couldn't be beat just under around $575.00 back then.

Private sales ARE legal in MA. The list is for FFL's only.
I'm WELL aware of that. It was sarcasm. Your post title says 'mass legal".....there is no question of legality. Never has been.

It's possible to legally get most handguns....list or no list.... from a Mass dealer. I have many.

Private sales ARE legal in MA. The list is for FFL's only.
Let me rephrase for those incapable of understanding what "legal in MA" means for new firearms: These Kimbers are now on approved for sale by FFL's in MA who care to stay within the laws of the state as THEY understand. I am sure, those of you who make a stink about "all guns are legal in MA, Maura", have very little to lose compared to business owners of Cape Gun Works, Steve's Tactical, Four Seasons, Mass Firearms, etc. The fact of the matter is, these businesses are in a tough position, trying to negotiate the convoluted, vague, and self-contradictory laws of MA. Failure to stay within the law for them means federal prison and loss of livelihood for their families.
Yes, I wish I could buy a CZ Shadow 2 from a MA store but I can't. To pretend that one's inconvenience trumps the life and peril of another individual is selfish and arrogant. I would rather take my time and wait until one pops on NES as a private sale than be responsible for yet another gunshop closing down.
To pretend that others can't follow the law and buy new CZ Shadows from MA dealers is arrogant, because it's not true.

You want a Shadow 2? I can get you one by 3 o'clock today with nail polish. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom