• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Miracle and second chances

Next time, and I hope there is no next time, call 911 and take an ambulance to the ER. It may have been too late by the time she got you there if you coded in the car! (that goes for the rest of youse guys too)

As I came back I remember moving through a white hall with a white pattern linoleum floor. Actually I was in bed. For some reason the fact that it was linoleum was important...couldn’t they afford marble?

As for coming back....
1. Our kitchen and bath are On for the demolition TH
2. I haven’t shot the byf43
3. Teach the critter (son) how to drive. Already taught him so shave
4. See the Patriots get #6
5. I have a ticket to “they small not grow old” on the 21st
6. NES life member for more than 3 months

t

Looks like you should pull the trigger on the 40 Pontiac Coupe ASAP!!! Get well!

are we sure his wife didn't put him in the Pet Cemetery and he came back?

But seriously, WOW!
Now you know what this means, right?
Never miss a chance to tell someone you love them (or to tell off a liberal nut job) and never miss a chance to go to the range!

When I woke up I knew something was wrong. It didn’t feel like a panic attack nor heartburn. I popped a couple of tums and an anxiety pill. Went to my office and took my BP on a battery wrist cuff; 175/125/87. Always reads high.

t

T

That BP is crazy high! That's get to the hospital quick numbers. You can't run with numbers like that.

You have way too much going on. I would seriously consider staggering the work between the kitchen and bathroom. There's no way I would go with no water service and an outhouse.

Do the kitchen first, leave the bathroom functional and plan to have continuous water service. Your wife is right, delay the project.

Reduce the stress. Get better.

I don’t know when I can get to the range again. Don’t know about walking nor stamina. Can I shoot out my bedroom window?

In the new room; #2001, Charlton Hospital, Fall River.
I’m already a legacy here...they know all about me, my case, and my spectacular recovery

t

HOLY CRAP TIM!!!! I just read this!!
We got a lot more range shoots to do together!! stop this crap! 52 is way too young .....
hey I am so glad you are ok..... if i wasn't leaving this Friday for Europe (work) i would be coming down to check on you...

Tom

i see Juergan, not this coming weekend but the next weekend. He's taking me to the range in Germany with the toy of my choice from his Armory.... visiting his vault is an experience in itself.... I have seen smaller museums in the US

keeping with this post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would rate it a bucket list item..................

From the title I thought this was going to be about the remodel and the car, and just shocked to read last nights course of events.

Looks like you went to heaven and back. They don't want you there yet. God is watching over you.

52 years young? Now I'm the old guy.

My father died 5 years ago Thursday at 75. Thought I’d see him and have him send me back.

Looks like you should pull the trigger on the 40 Pontiac Coupe ASAP!!! Get well!

I will, but no money. Gave it all to my wife towards bills and renovations. I’ll have to sell my ‘55 first.

t

Technically I should say this is my third chance. I was born 3 months premature at 1 pound and 14 ounces. For a month it was touch and go. I couldn’t suckle, so I had a gastrocemy and a milk IV directly in my stomach until I could take a bottle. That I survived was unheard of. My incubator was a fish tank and warm towels. I had a 24 hour nurse whose job was to see that I kept breathing. All she could do was tickle my feet causing my legs to jerk and me to breathe when I turned blue. Went home in 3 months weighing 5 pounds. I held the smallest surviving baby record at the Lying In hospital in Boston until 1988 when a little black girl was born at 1 pound 8oz. I was so small it took 21 years to break my weight.

t
upload_2019-1-15_20-29-15.jpeg

As I like to say in my case; “it’s not the age, it’s the mileage.”

t

Think I’ll take a nap while waiting for my meds.

Wishes and prayers
It’s no joke and you are at least smart enough to hear the warnings. I had a major scare over the summer.
At work I was short of breath , sharp pain left side, I bent over to pick up some tools and darn near passed out,
Took off to the ER. My blood pressure was through the roof. I spent 12hrs at the hospital. Heart attack was ruled out but found no reason for the spiked BP for 8 hours.
Stress test was inconclusive even though I felt like I was going to explode I made it through and other then a slightly elevated heart rate they gave me a a clean check.
I have since lost 20lbs feel better and BP has been ok.
Scared the begeez out of me.

I don’t know when I can get to the range again. Don’t know about walking nor stamina. Can I shoot out my bedroom window?

In the new room; #2001, Charlton Hospital, Fall River.
I’m already a legacy here...they know all about me, my case, and my spectacular recovery

t

Might have to pick up one of these
Diana Mauser K98 Air Rifle. Air rifles | Pyramyd Air

View: https://youtu.be/vUwGcSs5cZY

Plenty of in/out door targets. I like dollar store plastic toys and old school plastic army men

Last edited:
Next time, and I hope there is no next time, call 911 and take an ambulance to the ER. It may have been too late by the time she got you there if you coded in the car! (that goes for the rest of youse guys too)
Best of luck OP in your recovery.

I was going to echo jpm, along with noting they say to chew an aspirin also.

Wish all the best, god bless and hope the new fuel line lasts many years.

We never met , but I did have a 67 mustang same color as yours in the ragtop.

And my dad and his sister both had heart attacks same week,
She was lucky ,went to leahey clinic ,lasted 10 more years.
My dad went to Brockton hospital and came out feet first.

Many more years to ya![cheers]

I did chew 3 of them.

Dracula just woke me up and took her share. I’m really sore where they went into my femoral artery to put the stent in. And my wrists where the IVs are. They took the IVs out at 1AM. Totally disconnected from everything; IV, oxygen; just remote cardio sensors. No bleeps, sweeps, or creeps. Supposed to see my wife, son, pastor, and friends today.

No one of a medical mind has been to see me. They were talking about sending me home today. Since I was sent to a step down room in cardio last night, so I assume that’s happening.

Haven’t brushed my teeth since Monday night. Walked myself, real slowly, to a real bathroom. Sitting on the bed trying to assemble the Johnny. A man sitting alone in the dark with only the hall light. All is quiet; certainly quieter than ICU- they were a chatty bunch.

Wondering what the future holds

t

You’re on your way to full recovery, and back home. Best.

My co worker and friend ,had the same thing when he was 65,

And he passed this summer at 81 , hit by a car walking .

Woke up at 11:22 last night having a heart attack. My wife took me to the hospital. Around 12:30 I died. Came back on the third resuscitation attempt. Transferred to Fall River ICU. Underwent an hour procedure, conscious, when they put a stent in my left ventricle for a blocked artery. I’m here for a couple days at least.

Not sure why I woke up in time, or told my wife to take me to the hospital. Not sure why I have a second chance. I guess I have to find the reason.

All I know is I got to tell my wife I love her once more, and that I’ll be able to see my “beeps” again.

Tim

Wow. Very glad you woke up in time.

The reason is simple - it wasn't your time. You probably have some things left to do.

But, whatever the reason I think we are all glad that you are still here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This 1000 times over!

I "got in trouble" many years ago for refusing to transport an elderly man home in my car for that exact reason. I remember being told in the police academy that we were not to transport "sick" people in our cruisers as we couldn't help them if they coded. After an internal investigation our Lt. told me that I was in the clear, did the right thing (offered an ambulance but that was refused) and that the guy had open heart surgery 10 days later (this was a 4th of July event I was working as a volunteer (part time police officer) back in the day.

Wish all the best, god bless and hope the new fuel line lasts many years.

We never met , but I did have a 67 mustang same color as yours in the ragtop.

And my dad and his sister both had heart attacks same week,
She was lucky ,went to leahey clinic ,lasted 10 more years.
My dad went to Brockton hospital and came out feet first.

Many more years to ya![cheers]
Sorry about your Dad, but my Family (and myself back in 1966) dealings with Brockton Hospital, give me the impression that no way in hell I'd want to be sent there. Their incompetence level was much too high.

Sometimes it takes a memento mori incident to re-prioritize. Thankfully in this case it didn't take an actual death. A couple of years ago when my elder sister passed away at 34, it gave me pretty bad insomnia since I was so preoccupied with how I go at any time. It has, however, caused me to be a little more appreciative of the here and now.

Like others, when I saw the title of the thread I figured you'd managed to get back a past Mauser or something that you had to sell or missed out on, and that it was going to be a happy and celebratory thread. Never expected to read what actually happened, but very glad you are on the mend, and I look forward to many of the interesting things you will share with us in the future.

Something about January in my family. Grandfather 1/6/97 at 87, dad 1/17/14 at 75, me 1/15/19 at 51.

Still remembering my past. 12/24/83, 3:50am, the family house burned down. Got out with nothing but my pajamas. So chance 4. Three bad car wrecks 2014-2016; 2 could have gotten me. Life seems to be knocking me down, but I find a way to get up every time.

t

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom