• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Miracle and second chances

Woke up at 11:22 last night having a heart attack. My wife took me to the hospital. Around 12:30 I died. Came back on the third resuscitation attempt. Transferred to Fall River ICU. Underwent an hour procedure, conscious, when they put a stent in my left ventricle for a blocked artery. I’m here for a couple days at least.

Not sure why I woke up in time, or told my wife to take me to the hospital. Not sure why I have a second chance. I guess I have to find the reason.

All I know is I got to tell my wife I love her once more, and that I’ll be able to see my “beeps” again.

Tim
View attachment 264288

Luckily, your name was not on the top of the page that day. I hope you are well and live life to the fullest.

Something about January in my family. Grandfather 1/6/97 at 87, dad 1/17/14 at 75, me 1/14/19 at 51.

Still remembering my past. 12/24/83, 3:50am, the family house burned down. Got out with nothing but my pajamas. So chance 4. Three bad car wrecks 2014-2016; 2 could have gotten me. Life seems to be knocking me down, but I find a way to get up every time.

t

Look at it this way, some Guardian Angel up there must be saying:

"Damn, this mo-fo's one tough SOB."

Glad you are OK!!! Left ventricular artery- that's the widow maker, right?
Only if Left Ventricular is another name for Left Main or Left Anterior Descending. My father knew he did not have many years left after a bypass for a 95% LAD occlusion. That was 35 years ago and he is still alive, though he has been stented numerous times since the bypass. In the words of Dr Castelli "Stents are like potato chips".

i see Juergan, not this coming weekend but the next weekend. He's taking me to the range in Germany with the toy of my choice from his Armory.... visiting his vault is an experience in itself....

Does he have a T-Gewehr? Had thought of one, but think I would be incapable of lifting it, not to mention shooting one.

t

Wish all the best, god bless and hope the new fuel line lasts many years.

We never met , but I did have a 67 mustang same color as yours in the ragtop.

And my dad and his sister both had heart attacks same week,
She was lucky ,went to leahey clinic ,lasted 10 more years.
My dad went to Brockton hospital and came out feet first.

Many more years to ya![cheers]

Very rare color - frost turquoise - only 9,000 of 470,000 made in this color in ‘67. That’s about 2%. My wife is still selling hers to put towards the construction. She’d rather ride with me if we went cruising.

t

Last edited:
Trying to feel like home. Holly brought my grandmother’s knit quilt. They wouldn’t let her bring a rabbit [wink]

t

Attachments

• 28453D89-EA7C-48EB-8278-CCDB4CC65970.jpeg
    28453D89-EA7C-48EB-8278-CCDB4CC65970.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 17
So glad you got right to the hospital and will be OK. The bunnies will seem extra snuggely when you get home tomorrow!

I would say God Bless you, but he already has. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

I know everybody says it, and we haven't met, but if there is anything I can do, please let me know. I am going to PM you my cell number. I am in the Bridgewaters and am probably less than 30 minutes away.
I have a 4 wheel drive pickup, a brand new snow blower, and a 17 year old son who picks things up and puts them down, and can shovel a walkway like a machine. It would be our pleasure to make sure you are snow free and salted so that Mrs. Spud doesn't have to worry about it if we get snow.
Seriously, if you have a clogged gutter, a leaky faucet or a couch that needs to be moved, it would be a lesson for my son about good deeds and good will.
Get well soon.

If you want to get a nights sleep, don’t go to the hospital ....7, 7:30, 8, 9, 12, 1, 4, 5:30 [angry]

t

I have never understood that. They tell you how important rest is to your recovery, then proceed to wake you up all night long. I get that they have to check your vitals etc. but for crying out loud

6:15...:mad:

Heard a nurse comment last night; “oh, that makes it look so homey”...referring to my blanket.
t

Last edited:
Cheesecake factory! What could go wrong?
The two times I've been to Cheesecake Factory I ended up with Norovirus or Norovirus-like symptoms and was out of commission for over a day. That was sufficient to strike it from my list of future dining endeavors.

IN THE CAR

Looks like pizza. As a concession, I’ll drop the extra cheese.

First place we found outside the hospital

Just 2 pieces

t

Attachments

• DD29ECAC-E4D9-4FC3-937D-4CFD365DC8AB.jpeg
    DD29ECAC-E4D9-4FC3-937D-4CFD365DC8AB.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 5FE04B96-481E-458A-AA0E-E96C34A702B1.jpeg
    5FE04B96-481E-458A-AA0E-E96C34A702B1.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Live it up while you can with the pizza! Pretty soon you and the bunnies will be eating the same food!

Edit: Sorry man - was just kidding and you could probably do without that kind of dietary humor. I do see lots of grilled chicken in you future. Pro Tip.. Balsamic glazed grilled chicken from the 99 is awesome

Actually ate 4...I was very hungry and they were small. Home now where a few packages were waiting for me...a 1941 M34 Beretta, a matched 43 bayonet and frog for the byf43, and some 8mm blanks. Had raisin kisses with the beeps. Doing the efa10, then shower and a real nights sleep in my bed

t

Attachments

• 85632B8D-7B81-4EF0-A7AB-BCE61E48462F.jpeg
    85632B8D-7B81-4EF0-A7AB-BCE61E48462F.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 21
Actually ate 4...I was very hungry and they were small. Home now where a few packages were waiting for me...a 1941 M34 Beretta, a matched 43 bayonet and frog for the byf43, and some 8mm blanks. Had raisin kisses with the beeps. Doing the efa10, then shower and a real nights sleep in my bed

t

Well that's a helluva nice welcome home present. Things are looking up!

Back
Top Bottom