• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Miracle and second chances

Don't underestimate the contributing factor of stress. You've moved, parted with many things you held dear, and other things i've seen here posted. Take it easy...

‘55 has been in the tranny shop since October 11 trying to find the gremlin clunking between 2nd and 3rd gear. Making two 40+year veteran mechanics pull their hair out. Tranny has been out of the car 3 times.

t

Last edited:
Sitting in a chair; took 6 steps. Gave myself a wash with soap, hot water, and a wash cloth. Felt good. Very good compared to lying on some mortician’s Table about now. Fresh linens. BP 115/76/87 with the ‘bad’ protein coming down.

My sister left an hour ago, Bringing me a bunny. Holly is home sleeping.

t
DE52A929-6BCA-4B60-8FA0-5FF0EF1494D4.jpeg

Wow, I was just blown away when I read the OP! Glad you're back and doing well, those bunnies ain't gonna feed themselves! ;)

Did you see a bright light and the pearly gates? My Dad died for 2 minutes and was brought back and he swears he seen the light and the gate.

Glad you are OK and I hope things work out for you! Good luck!

Holly fed them this AM.

This is the sanitation department here; not 1 real toilet in all of ICU.

t

Attachments

• B20D2B39-69C9-49D3-8901-C12EAAD09772.jpeg
    B20D2B39-69C9-49D3-8901-C12EAAD09772.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I read it having just gotten back from my quarterly (blood pressure) with my guy. I had complained about some breathing trouble at the gym and while riding, so he reminded me I'm 48, and is sending me for a stress test a week from Monday.

Rest and heal - glad you're still here to post! [grin]

Technically I should say this is my third chance. I was born 3 months premature at 1 pound and 14 ounces. For a month it was touch and go. I couldn’t suckle, so I had a gastrocemy and a milk IV directly in my stomach until I could take a bottle. That I survived was unheard of. My incubator was a fish tank and warm towels. I had a 24 hour nurse whose job was to see that I kept breathing. All she could do was tickle my feet causing my legs to jerk and me to breathe when I turned blue. Went home in 3 months weighing 5 pounds. I held the smallest surviving baby record at the Lying In hospital in Boston until 1988 when a little black girl was born at 1 pound 8oz. I was so small it took 21 years to break my weight.

t

Last edited:
From the title I thought this was going to be about the remodel and the car, and just shocked to read last nights course of events.

Looks like you went to heaven and back. They don't want you there yet. God is watching over you.

52 years young? Now I'm the old guy.

Glad to hear you made it back! What symptoms did you experience before you decided to have your wife call an ambulance? Good info to know....

I actually had to tell my wife to take me; she thought it was a panic attack. We were supposed to be in court with the critter today.

When I woke up I knew something was wrong. It didn’t feel like a panic attack nor heartburn. I popped a couple of tums and an anxiety pill. Went to my office and took my BP on a battery wrist cuff; 175/125/87. Always reads high.

My chest pains felt like working outside in the winter. That burning sensation high in your chest at the bottom of your throat from breathing a lot of very cold air. Went back to bed for a few, but no change. I had tingling in my right arm, but I get that from my neck fusions and right rotator cuff damage. I put 1+1 together; new chest pain with arm issue, and woke my wife. You know the rest. Barely made it to ER check in when I started trembling and passing out. We were there under half an hour from waking up, and I was in arrest less than 30 minutes after that.

Now 111/75/85

t

Last edited:
Sending you all my strength and prayers from someone who has been there.
May God Bless you and Keep you, and may the rest of your life be long and full.
~Matt

Holy crap! I hope you feel better and get stronger everyday... you certainly have a great attitude. Best of luck Going forward!

Holy hell. Welcome back, but we're unfortunately going to have to pull your life member status. You'll need to buy in again for this next go round.

To quote Miracle Max, he was only mostly dead. And mostly dead is partially alive. So I vote his lifetime membership remains in force.

Seriously, welcome back.

Back
Top Bottom