Milton firefighter shot in Quincy in alleged road rage attack

I don't think I've ever been angry enough to actually stop and step out of my car during a road rage incident.

Some people are a$$h*les. Most people aren't. I'm learning to live with that.

angry or not, stopping and getting out of your car to confront a road raged person is a STUPID idea.

His possibly fatal mistake was considering stopping to confront the guy.

My thought

I think Mr. fasano is a hot head, he was in the rear car, which would put him as aggressor and he just picked on somebody he shouldn't. still sorry he got shot though

Last edited:
As Mark said "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

I was so sick of hearing Michelle Mcphee talk about this guy being a victim. He's a victim alright victim of his own stupidity. You get out of your car to confront someone you were just jousting with on the highway you are looking for one thing, trouble. He found it, hopefully he will realize when he recovers that there are actually bad people in the world. He's lucky to be alive.

Michelle kept spouting off about him being a firefighter, what does his job have to do with anything? I really can't stand that clam.

the driver of a sports car in front of him repeatedly slammed on his brakes, forcing Fasano to slow down, police said. Both cars pulled over on Commander Shea Boulevard near the North Quincy Red Line Station.

now I am only assuming since Mr. Fasano was the trailing car he probably got right up on the ass of the other vehicle. Why would someone just slam their brakes unless you are tailgaiting. the other guy pulled over and that was his chance to go around instead he stopped and wanted to be the tough guy... I feel for the guy for getting shot no one deserves this however the guy in the vehicle in fron was probably feeling threatened, a guy in a larger SUV riding my bumper and I finally pull over and he gets out of his car behind me... He may have won a stupid prize if he kept approaching me..

Sucks that he got shot, but he could have avoided it at many stages of the incident. From the (non-McPhee) news I'm reading about this, he was the aggressor. Firefighter or not, he is a moron.

What Mark said: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

//
After getting rear ended for the third time in three years (no, I'm not exaggerating) in this miserable pest-hole of a state I adopted the following policy:

First I will gently tap my breaks a few times to send the message to back the F*** off. If that doesn't work, I gradually slow down. Eventually dipstick may grasp the message. If there aren't a lot of people behind the offender I'll slow WAY down until he backs off or passes me. If I simply can't get him off my bumper I'll try to move over so he can pass.
//
Went to a driving course at Skip Barber and they cover this, believe it or not.

They suggest that a "Brake Check" will only make the situation worse. They suggest putting on your emergency flashers for a short time: it alerts the driver behind you that something is up, and they usually back off.

I've seen two Porsche turbos tailgating at way over 100mph (my estimate was 150) on the Autobahn, so it's not a problem unique to one venue, unfortunately. It seems to be contagious.

Sucks that he got shot, but he could have avoided it at many stages of the incident. From the (non-McPhee) news I'm reading about this, he was the aggressor. Firefighter or not, he is a moron.

What Mark said: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

WHAT?! Michelle McPhee, you mean?! Taking a blindly pro-firefighter position on this issue?! She usually HATES cops and firemen! [rofl] [laugh2][rofl][shocked][rofl]

The sometimes do if you are tailgating.

One hot summer day I was driving along, minding my own business, when someone came along, careened around me and then nosed in front of me. When the traffic proceeded, he started to go, then came to a stop. He started, stopped. Started, stopped. Started, stopped. Other traffic long gone, he was just goading me. Why? I dunno. I didn't know him. I hadn't done anything other than occupy the same street.

In a just world, I would have been within my rights to get out, approach him, blow him away and take his possessions in compensation for the inconvenience. Sadly, I did not do that and eventually he departed to the fifth circle of Hell from whence he came.

The point is, yes, sometimes they do stop just like that. Some people just aren't nice.

I do not do the brake check. My car does have a rear fog light that is very usefull for tailgaters at night. Used it last night on a guy on a secondary road. Two lanes each way with a good amount of traffic and frequent traffic lights and this guy zoomed up a few peoples tails. When he got to me, I just pushed the little button on the dash and his choices were to keep tailgating and staring at a very bright taillight or back off. He backed off and then zoomed up the butt of the guy in the next lane.

I do not do the brake check. My car does have a rear fog light that is very usefull for tailgaters at night. Used it last night on a guy on a secondary road. Two lanes each way with a good amount of traffic and frequent traffic lights and this guy zoomed up a few peoples tails. When he got to me, I just pushed the little button on the dash and his choices were to keep tailgating and staring at a very bright taillight or back off. He backed off and then zoomed up the butt of the guy in the next lane.
Audi? Volvo?

Congratulations, you are apparently the only one in New England who is aware that European "Inclement Weather packages" have a rear fog light that is dazzling on clear nights.

Hmmm... anyone ever hear of women involved in this type of incident?

I was young and stupid once. And I'm damn glad I'm way past it. Testosterone laden ego, possibly with the lubricating effects of alcohol, can cause stupidity to reign.

Hindsight has 20/20 vision. If we had an "Undo" feature in real life, as we do in computing, I think we'd all be better off.

I feel bad for the guy. I feel awful for his friends and family. But just by swallowing his pride one little bit he'd be in a much better place now.

And any bets his girlfriend was screaming at him not to stop, not to get out of the car, not too... oops, too late.

What a waste of a life. For us fathers out there, let's use this as a teaching opportunity for our children, particularly our male children.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Rich

I think putting rear halogen lights on would piss off a person with that type of temperment just the same as tapping your brakes. These people think they own the road and how dare you impeed their travels.

Audi? Volvo?

Congratulations, you are apparently the only one in New England who is aware that European "Inclement Weather packages" have a rear fog light that is dazzling on clear nights.

Why is it that people feel the need to leave those stupid things on 24/7/365? That drives me nuts (and makes them look like even bigger Delta-Bravos than they already are...) Also, have people forgotten that they have low-beams? Seems like about 5% or 10% of the cars I see these days have their brights on, pointed right into my eyes. (It's really bad when I'm on my motorcycle.)

And what's with those stupid ultra-blue (ultra bright) headlights that all 16 - 25 year old Civic owners seem to love. How are those legal?

But back to the topic... Getting tailgated by some dude in a truck / SUV really sucks, especially at night. I feel bad for the guy that got shot, but I'm not at all surprised that it happened. I hope he pulls through.

Hmmm... anyone ever hear of women involved in this type of incident?

I was young and stupid once. And I'm damn glad I'm way past it. Testosterone laden ego, possibly with the lubricating effects of alcohol, can cause stupidity to reign.

Hindsight has 20/20 vision. If we had an "Undo" feature in real life, as we do in computing, I think we'd all be better off.
Rich

Gotta disagree in part. If we had an UNDO switch we'd never learn anything. The pain which comes as a consequence of doing stupid things is often the only teacher people will listen to. At least that's been true for me on more than one occasion.

Sadly, there are plenty of god damned morons in the fire service today.

Am I the only one who thinks it's crappy small-time journalism to make a big deal out of what the guy does for a living. I know I'm a grouch and a crank, but I can't see they would have put in information that read "John Doe is a financial services consultant, and his father has a septic tank cleaning business." It's perhaps slightly relevant that he's on the public payroll (if he is, fire services vary).

When my mustang is at high RPM in a gear less than 4 and I get off the gas, it shoots two rather large blue flames put of the tailpipes. This has come in very useful for tailgaters...usually they just back off.

Gotta disagree in part. If we had an UNDO switch we'd never learn anything. The pain which comes as a consequence of doing stupid things is often the only teacher people will listen to. At least that's been true for me on more than one occasion.

Yup... lots of us learn the hard way... no disagreement there...

Thanks,

Rich

When my mustang is at high RPM in a gear less than 4 and I get off the gas, it shoots two rather large blue flames put of the tailpipes. This has come in very useful for tailgaters...usually they just back off.

Sounds like a feature on James Bond's old Aston Martin!

:))

I just turn on the inside light and wave my pistol around under it. The headlights behind me suddenly grow very small.

Quincy has its areas and its easy to get over confident while living there. He never should have gotten out of the car that's for certain, if the other car was in front of him he should have let the other car lead the turn on Shay and kept going on. A gut shot with a .45...man thats messed up. Something I'd reserve for kiddie diddlers only.

Sorry, but I gotta disagree with that first sentence. There's not one part of Quincy that can be regarded as a true "trouble spot". Germantown may have always had a rep for being shady but as someone who has lived in Quincy a few times over the last thirty or so years I can say that there's no area that I'd consider more dangerous than any "safe", upper-class Boston neighborhood.

The rest of that post, I completely agree with.

Back
Top Bottom