• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Milford father, son face gun, ammo charges

I prefer to keep my ammo free range instead of clipped/magged up! ;)

Politician will keep making these laws till it hurts them and LEOs will keep enforcing them until they start suffering.

I think that this case should be interesting with the "common usage" phrase and the recent Chicago case. Really, how many of the 3.5 million ARs have more than 2 killy features.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

"two of which were filled with nearly 30 live rounds."

Did anyone else catch "NEARLY" 30 live rounds?

Aside from the obvious snap caps... 10 would be NEARLY 30... so would 20... maybe they were factory pinned 10rd PMAGS?

Scrolling across the bottom of channel 4 yesterday... MASSIVE weapons cache found during HUGE bust of father and son in Milford... exactly what it said [sad2]

Aside from the obvious snap caps... 10 would be NEARLY 30... so would 20... maybe they were factory pinned 10rd PMAGS?

Scrolling across the bottom of channel 4 yesterday... MASSIVE weapons cache found during HUGE bust of father and son in Milford... exactly what it said [sad2]

Agreed. The fact that this story hit the news at ALL is pure bullshit. Pmags or not, who cares? If there's no criminal intent I don't see a problem here. Possession of post-ban mags sucks but seriously? If this was 3 months ago it would just be lost in the shuffle.

former army? loaded only 28 rds? [laugh]

Yeah, that's ridiculous. My carry gun is loaded with 17 rounds and I carry an extra 17 rd mag.

OMG 34 ROUNDS WHO WILL THINK OF THE CHILDRENS!!11!!!!

This seems to be overlooked "Milford Police received a call from a woman at 7:49 p.m. screaming that a man in the house had a gun. The call was then disconnected, police said." If the police get a 911 call and a hangup, they are coming in, probable cause I believe. It doesn't state that the call came from within the house, but if it did there is the excuse to enter

Yes, but wouldn't that cause be terminated when they made contact with the caller outside the residence?

Well no one was injured and no property was stolen before the cops arrived, so I'm guessing the whole story is summarized by "Government again proves it will stomp on citizens rights with no repercussions"

Diclaimer: I am not trying to stir the shit here, I am just asking a genuine, honest to god question:

Doesn't the complaint of the woman give the cops a probable cause for entering and searching?

Looks like it's a color problem. Obviously, the only thing that has really changed since the mid 1700 is the color of the coats. They used to be red, now they're blue. They can still do whatever they want, to whomever they want.
NES singalong #343: In the laa-aaand of the free......

Diclaimer: I am not trying to stir the shit here, I am just asking a genuine, honest to god question:

Doesn't the complaint of the woman give the cops a probable cause for entering and searching?

Is possession of what she said she saw illegal? If not, then no. It's not as if they don't have every LTC's name and address or anything like that.

Merely seeing the gun does not, any more than someone seeing you walking through your house with a knife or box cutter. They must see an actual crime in progress.

Back
Top Bottom