Michigan police release footage of white cop fatally shooting black man in the head during struggle over taser after traffic stop

Reptile

NES Member

Michigan police release footage of white cop fatally shooting black man in the head during struggle over taser after traffic stop: Man's family retain Benjamin Crump who says 'excessive force was used'​

• Patrick Lyoya, 26, was fatally shot by a Michigan cop outside a house in Grand Rapids, Michigan on April 4
  • Amid public outcry for transparency police released video of the deadly incident
  • The officer repeatedly ordered Lyoya to 'let go' of his Taser, at one point demanding: 'Drop the Taser!'
  • In the final moments, the officer was on top of Lyoya, kneeling on his back at times to subdue him
  • Civil rights attorney Ben Crump called for the officer involved in the shooting to be fired and prosecuted
  • The officer, a seven-year veteran who has not yet been identified, is on paid leave during the investigation
  • On Wednesday, several hundred protesters gathered outside the Grand Rapids Police Department following the release of the videos, calling for accountability from police and justice for Lyoya

Coulda been worse.

Imagine if the cop had made a bogus pretextual stop.

Imagine if the cop had jerked teh decedent out of the car
like a bad molar - but for insufficient reasons.

Etc.

Not saying those are the norm.
Just saying those reindeer games aren't a good mix with a fatal shooting.

I bet if NES's LEOs are willing to take a deep breath,
they'll have opinions about how they'd physically manage
some dumbass who jack-in-the-boxed out of a car at a traffic stop.
That's over my pay grade - I just know there's got to be Best Practices.

Wonder if it was just someone skinflinting -
sharing plates between vehicles,
or transferring them without following DMV rules.
Versus they were stolen plates or a stolen car.

Man oh man, if the cop ran the plates and they actually came up stolen,
he really screwed up by making the neutral accusation on-bodycam
that the plates merely didn't match the car description.

Meanwhile in hundreds of Cities across America blacks are gunning down blacks by the hundreds. Every weekend. BLM ? Jessie Jackson? Al the Pimp Sharpton?
The left wing media?
Not a peep.
Black Lives only matter when they are killed by White men.

When Back folks shoot and kill each others children - they seem not to care.

The very definition of racism.

I’m guessing I wouldn’t have gotten out of the car
It’s really not difficult to comply
Depending on the reason why the plates allegedly didn't match the car,
you may never have been stopped...
Uh, lemme be clearer.

Depending on the reason why the plates allegedly didn't match the car,
you may never have been stopped,
because your plates would have matched in the first place.

Because you wouldn't be playing stupid games.

I'm not really sure why any cop is wasting their time chasing after someone for a license plate violation. Even if the car or plate were stolen, they're just going to get tossed back if they get caught. That's a lot of effort for little gain.

It was a traffic stop and the driver acted like an idiot.

Probably because the car was stolen and he's been arrested and convicted 3 previous times of auto theft.

The stop was for plate not matching the vehicle.

We covered this one in the cop thread. I called it as a good shoot.

On the flip side, why are the police putting themselves in these situations. At the moment the guy started resisting for a traffic stop let him go until backup gets there. The guy posed no immediate risk. At the very least let him go and hit him with the taser before it gets wrestled away from you. We have seen how this plays out many times. Both sides just seem extremely idiotic.

I agree. The cop should not have chased him and wrestled around with him. He should have shot his ass the second he started running.

I laughed because the guy would have outrun him easily, If his pants weren't falling down! LOL Dumb ass.

That entire event was actually sad to watch.
From the play dumb games by the driver to the extent of force applied for a attached plate.
Then ending in someone getting shot.

IDK what to say about it.
Police trained to make you comply and police escalate the force until you do
Crazy and sad. Im shocked police even bother to pull cars over anymore

That entire event was actually sad to watch.
From the play dumb games by the driver to the extent of force applied for a attached plate.
Then ending in someone getting shot.

IDK what to say about it.
Police trained to make you comply and police escalate the force until you do
Crazy and sad. Im shocked police even bother to pull cars over anymore
Yes, they should ride around with RPG's and take the offender out that way.

Dead guy was a Dumbass for soooo many reasons.

1. Why even stop? You know the drill, you know you are driving a stolen car and you know you are going to jail. The minute the cop ran the plate, he couldn't just let you go. If you had taken off, most departments post George Floyd are not going to chase.
2. You are from the Congo. Why the f*** would you live north of the Mason Dixon line? And especially Michigan. Cold as hell, lots of snow, and a history of killing black guys that resist arrest.
3. You are driving around in a stolen vehicle and you are wearing your pants down around your thighs. Moron. He should have been wearing a track suit with Air Jordans. Function over fashion, dumbass.
4. What did you think was going to happen when you managed to wrestle the tazer from the cop? Did you think the cop was going to get up and run? The cops mistake was tackling the guy.I think he was surprised he caught up to him as fast as he did. That was because of the morons pants. He should have tazed him while he was waddling away, and kept zapping the guy until back up arrived. I would have kept that guy frying like bacon in a pan until more cops showed up.

Now he is a dead African Dumbass. BLM will use this to fund another mansion purchase. Wakanda Forever!

Dead guy was a Dumbass for soooo many reasons.

1. Why even stop? You know the drill, you know you are driving a stolen car and you know you are going to jail. The minute the cop ran the plate, he couldn't just let you go. If you had taken off, most departments post George Floyd are not going to chase.
2. You are from the Congo. Why the f*** would you live north of the Mason Dixon line? And especially Michigan. Cold as hell, lots of snow, and a history of killing black guys that resist arrest.
3. You are driving around in a stolen vehicle and you are wearing your pants down around your thighs. Moron. He should have been wearing a track suit with Air Jordans. Function over fashion, dumbass.
4. What did you think was going to happen when you managed to wrestle the tazer from the cop? Did you think the cop was going to get up and run? The cops mistake was tackling the guy.I think he was surprised he caught up to him as fast as he did. That was because of the morons pants. He should have tazed him while he was waddling away, and kept zapping the guy until back up arrived. I would have kept that guy frying like bacon in a pan until more cops showed up.

Now he is a dead African Dumbass. BLM will use this to fund another mansion purchase. Wakanda Forever!

Track suit?

Back
Top Bottom