Men tote assault rifles at Obama event

Status
Not open for further replies.

richc

NES Member
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/17/men-tote-assault-rifles-at-obama-event/

(CNN) – At least two Arizona men brought assault rifles to President Obama’s speech Monday to the annual Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Phoenix.

CNN’s Ed Henry reported that one of the men was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle and shouted anti-Obama slogans. The men remained outside the convention center where the president was speaking. Henry said U.S. Secret Service and local police were "very much aware" of the situation and were paying close attention to the men.

However, Arizona is an open-carry state, meaning it's legal to carry firearms in public as long as they are visible.

A black dude. It can't be.

I know people should be careful and respect the general public and their phobias, but we can't let our freedoms fall to the wayside either. Maybe a handgun instead like the dude from NH?

What would happen in MA if everyone opened carried during the next Tax Day Tea Party? All hell would break loose?

You have no idea how much I want to just walk around with my Arsenal slung over my shoulder...don't know why just want to.[smile]

Once I actually get the two guns I have on order I'd like to participate in an open carry litter pickup. I know the Free state guys do them sometimes, maybe we could leach the idea for NES. (I believe some of the people here are free staters?)

So we have protesters telling the congressmen were to go at these town meetings, a little pushing and shuving over them here and there, and it now seems that open carries at them are the new upcoming thing... So what's the next step? After seeing a pistol carried by a well informed/educated citizen with a sign about watering the tree of liberty on nation TV, and now more guns, I have to wonder what the next stage will be. My faith in "We the People" is begining to pick up a little.

Biggest mistake(from their side) they made was interviewing the first guy. Bet there will be lots more. Renews my faith in Americans.

open carry

I believe that if this is really going to work as driving home a point then the next open carry event should be 100% participation not just one or two proud and brave souls.

When one or two do this it can be viewed as just a couple of extreme individuals. If hundreds even thousands do this it then can not be overlooked and will not be forgotten.

OK so what this is saying is men in AZ were carrying Machine Guns?

Or did the media idiots mean Assault Weapons maybe?

Maybe a trip to New Hampshire is in order.

Does a visitor from another state need to make GOV aware he possesses Rifles?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/17/men-tote-assault-rifles-at-obama-event/

(CNN) – At least two Arizona men brought assault rifles to President Obama’s speech Monday to the annual Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Phoenix.

CNN’s Ed Henry reported that one of the men was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle and shouted anti-Obama slogans. The men remained outside the convention center where the president was speaking. Henry said U.S. Secret Service and local police were "very much aware" of the situation and were paying close attention to the men.

However, Arizona is an open-carry state, meaning it's legal to carry firearms in public as long as they are visible.

You have no idea how much I want to just walk around with my Arsenal slung over my shoulder...don't know why just want to.[smile]

Well i would like to do the same, while ridingmy motorcycle with no helmet and not having to pay sales and income tax. [smile]

So day in a free land far far away.

To be perfectly honest, I'm very glad the guy in the picture is black. It completely and immediately negates the "white supremacist militia" label, which you just know the media was (and is) waiting to stick on anyone open-carrying near Black Jesus.

And here in MA, the worst we can do is hold up signs with strong right wing, mobster like, gang related wording. Imagine if this were to happen here, say when Captain O goes and meets with the walking corpse Ted. I wonder what stupid law they would pass after that, MGL 666 "All persons with a LTC and FID, are to report to the local police station in their town, when the POTUS is in the commonwealth, for their protection, upon arrival, said persons will automaticly be questioned, and treated as an enemy combatant, and will loose all rights until it is proven that said person is regretful about owning firearms, and agree's to join ACORN, and vote only for Democrats until their death, if it is found that said person refuses to agree to the terms set forth, he/she shall be tried and convicted, and will be put to death.

I don't think I would have the huevos to be the first guy to open carry but it is legal where they did it and I say...more power to them! I think you free-staters should carry as many guns as you can to these townhalls because all us ma**h***s can do is look menacing and mumble under our breathe that we would have open carried if this place didn't suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom