1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Featured Meghan McCain: There Will Be Violence if Government Tries to Take AR-15s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Admin, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddyMunster

EddyMunster

Anyone see the grainy GoPro footage of that Sicario raid in Mexico? The GoPro user was using a fully automatic weapon as were his teammates. Gun ownership is a nightmare for Mexican citizens seeking to buy them lawfully. And yet there never seems to be a shortage of of guns and in this scenario, machine guns. Ban them all and what do you think will happen here?Making them completely illegal would have similar results here as it did in Mexico. Nothing creates a demand like making it illegal.

2. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

Well said. Can I grab it for future use

3. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

That’s called the woman gene.

4. 556USER

556USER NES Member

First thing this Trump hating bit....ch has said that made any sense.

5. SgtHal75

SgtHal75 NES Member

This...u nailed it!

6. SFC13557

SFC13557 NES Member

For what? I supported McCain when he ran against Bush for the Republican nomination and voted for him for President. Remember, McCain was the deciding vote against repealing Obamacare just to spite Trump. Also he and his family invited the Obama's to his funeral and NOT President Trump. McCain turned into a mean, spiteful old bastard and betrayed his party in the end. He hated Trump because he wasn't a Politician and didn't think he was "Presidential". I think McCain should have looked in the mirror before his death, he was more like Trump than he would have liked to admit.

7. Bt74

Bt74 NES Member

McAnus was a scumbag. Good riddance.

Super99Z likes this.
  8. AllaSnackbah

AllaSnackbah NES Member

My face when im sitting on my couch in the dark in my underwear with my unregistered sbr fantasizing about which crone from the view's house im gonna zero dark thirty first and i see you ride by on your high horse.

[​IMG]

We're all criminals to these people boomer.

ISOTOX, Lowbird, drgrant and 3 others like this.
  9. edmorseiii

edmorseiii Navy Veteran NES Member

This is the point.

Say there are 5 million AR15 owners in the US (I am using fake numbers, I know it's higher), pass a law saying those rifles are illegal to possess and you just made 5 million people into criminals if they don't comply. If half of them don't comply and you enforce the law, you just removed 2.5mil people who vote Republican by imprisoning or murdering them in front of their families.

Do you get it yet? This isn't about saving children or prosecuting real criminals anymore then giving illegal immigrants drivers licenses is about making the roads safer. It is about swaying the vote in the favor of the Democrats.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Lowbird, Energizer, EJFudd and 5 others like this.
  10. SHOCKNAWE

SHOCKNAWE

11. DarthRevan

DarthRevan Instructor NES Member

It’s as if prohibition will lessen the desire...
    I think this game was already played before through the decades....

wiryone1 and Bob P like this.
  12. 50 BMG

50 BMG Mosin Nagant Collector NES Member

I agree with her.

13. HorizontalHunter

HorizontalHunter NES Member

ISOTOX and AHM like this.
  14. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

AR’s will be kept under floorboards and in walls. Taken out from time to time to shoot on a trusted friends property or to show the children. It will be forbidden and cool. Handed down from parent to child.

15. edmorseiii

That is the gayest shit I have ever read.

16. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

0E370916-5372-421C-A641-E14DF549150E.jpeg
    Challenge accepted

17. edmorseiii

Idk what this is, but if you are plastering your rifles into your sheetrock walls, sell them now and take up golf.

AllaSnackbah and Squib308 like this.
  18. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

Don’t like golf.

19. DarthRevan

What in the f*** is this?

andrew1220 likes this.
  20. edmorseiii

Cycling?

Some beta cuck shit. Homeboy needs a new hobby if he plans on breaking out his taping knife and sanding block.

21. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

“Beta chuck shit”
    Nice, real nice

Squib308 and edmorseiii like this.
  22. edmorseiii

Cuck. I was being nice, I'm not trying to catch a ban around here these days.

SERE, radioman, ISOTOX and 4 others like this.
  23. Squib308

Squib308 NES Member

Well This thread sucked until you two chimed in!

Mountain, ISOTOX, Bt74 and 2 others like this.
  24. DarthRevan

f***ing seriously.
    What's the point of owning guns if the prospect of non-compliance has you burying them in your wall?

andrew1220, wiryone1 and AllaSnackbah like this.
  25. AHM

AHM NES Member

Remember how it's been said more than once that
    the purpose of the 2nd Amendment
    is to keep enough guns in the hands of the citizenry
    that they can revolt against the next tyrannical government
    (or to scare prospective tyrants so badly
    that they keep the injustice toned down to a dull roar)?

Today I spotted something fascinating in a soundbite that Howie played
    of (assault weapon owner) Tucker Carlson trolling Bill DeBlasio; the transcript:
    (I've trimmed heavily, but Impatient-Americans should scroll way down to the bolded quote).

Real Clear Politics: Tucker Carlson vs. Bill de Blasio: Dirty New York City, Public Defecation, Gun Control, 2020 Run
    CARLSON: We’re returning to our unexpected, but I think genuinely interesting, conversation with the mayor of New York City, Bill de Blasio, ... , I want to ask about one of your policy positions on firearms. You have said that you’re for mandatory buybacks of semiautomatic rifles.

So, there are tens of millions of these rifles in circulation now. And presumably, some large number of people won't feel like buying -- selling them to the government.

What do you do with those people?

DE BLASIO: ... We’ve got to end the availability of assault weapons in this country. So, I think if there was a ban on assault weapons and there was a buyback program, the vast majority of people I think would do the smart thing, and they would sell them back. I don't have a specific answer for you. I think it’s a good question --

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: But millions -- but hold on, millions wouldn’t. So, you know, you would have law-abiding people like me, and like a lot of people I know, who have hunting rifles that fall under assault weapon category and the cops would show up and say, give us your gun. And they would say no. And you would have, unfortunately, tragically, you would have cases of violence. Are you OK with that? That’s inevitable.

DE BLASIO: No, Tucker, I’m being honest -- I’m being honest with you. I think anyone in public life should say, you know, when we -- when we think we have an answer or whether there’s something we still have to work out, what I know is this -- we cannot have assault weapons in our society. We’ve seen the devastating impact. They need to be banned.

And that means by definition, you don't leave millions and millions of them out there. The buyback is the obvious approach. How we deal with someone who doesn't want to participate in the buyback, that’s something we have to resolve going forward. But to me, the logic you start with -- ... the military-grade assault weapons, those just don't belong in the hands of everyday people.

CARLSON: Would you subject your bodyguards to the same limitations as other American citizens?

DE BLASIO: Again, Tucker, I respect you, but that's a question that makes no sense whatsoever. You have sworn law enforcement officers --
    CARLSON: You get free bodyguards.

DE BLASIO: No, no, no, no.
    CARLSON: You've got bodyguards living at your house. I know some of the bodyguards living at your house, OK? And they've got magazines that I can't protect my family with.

DE BLASIO: Right. OK.

CARLSON: Does that bother you as a champion of a little guy?

DE BLASIO: Tucker -- Tucker, someone who serves in public service for a limited period of time and in the society we’re living in -- and I hate to say it, but public servants are vulnerable to violence in a different way. ...​

There's also the concept of the "go away list".
    That guy in Oregon got red flagged for claiming he had one.

H-minus, Squib308 and enbloc like this.
  26. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

Let me clarify, hiding a gun in the wall may not be that crazy. Not a likely stash point, no outward sign. Running a metal detector down a will will hit all the wires etc. Anyway they would look in yard or look for fresh concrete in the basement. Well prepared it would do just fine in there. Keep the rest in your safe. If they come in and grab your guns while your out you would still have one they missed. Think it's stupid, fine.

BigTimber likes this.
  27. edmorseiii

Staaàaaaahp.

If (((they))) are searching for your rifles with metal detectors and you are still alive, you failed.

Lowbird, enbloc and Squib308 like this.
  28. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

This is more of a thought experiment.

Ok, let’s leave it there.

29. DarthRevan

Never change, Snacks. lol

30. FPrice

FPrice Retired Zoomie NES Life Member NES Member

TL, DR (not all of it at least)

Meghan McCain Is Right about AR-15 Confiscation, and You Know It
    By CHARLES C. W. COOK September 5, 2019 4:01 PM

"Meghan McCain has caused a little outrage storm by saying on TV’s The View that Beto O’Rourke’s gun-confiscation plan would, if effected, prompt “a lot of violence.”"

"There are just two types of people engaging in this debate: People who know that Meghan McCain is correct, and people who are pretending that they do not know that Meghan McCain is correct. It doesn’t not especially matter what your politics are, or what you think of private gun ownership in the United States. It does not matter, either, whether you want Meghan McCain to be right or you want her to be wrong. If you have read any American history at all, you know that, as a matter of dull, neutral fact, McCain is correct. Americans defied and resisted the prohibition of alcohol, often violently, even after it was passed into law by a supermajority in Congress and in the states. And, eventually, they won. Americans have defied and violated the prohibition of drugs, often violently, since it began. And, slowly, but surely, they are winning. Americans already ignore most gun-control measures — even in states with significant pro-gun control majorities. Were confiscation to be tried, they would defy and resist it, often violently. And, eventually, they would win, as they did the last time around.

They would not do so because Meghan McCain gave them the idea. They would do because this is what happens in American when prohibitions are tried. "

Meghan McCain & Gun Control -- 'View' Co-Host Is Right about AR-15 Confiscation, and You Know It | National Review

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.