• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Medway Officer Draws Gun on Homeowner After Possible B&E Call from Neighbor

Why the heck does any responding cop or those in this thread defending the social justice warriors actions, put so much faith in what the neighbor said on the 911 call.

You should always be skeptical of any claim until you gather evidence.

With respect to neighbors. I know my neighbors and live in a very safe town. I’ve seen strangers at their house MANY times and never once called the cops. If I see people walking around their houses, etc I’m not assuming they’re being robbed, I’m assuming they are workers, etc. if you saw people going in and out taking tvs, etc in a robbery like method, then I’d call the cops.

Someone walking around a house, even looking in windows is not suspicious at all. Maybe it’s carpenter doing an estimate for replacement windows, etc. the neighbor is an idiot and if older, maybe they’re starting to show dementia signs.

The problem is not what the officer did, but the double standard.

I am familiar with a case where someone held his gun at low ready when threatened by an individual who was later found out to have pending felony assault charges against him.

He was arrested, charged with assault, and his LTC revoked. After charges were dropped because the individual who threatened him refused to testify to avoid cross examination and questions about his pending charge, he appealed to district court and lost.

The problem is not what the officer did, but the double standard.

I am familiar with a case where someone held his gun at low ready when threatened by an individual who was later found out to have pending felony assault charges against him.

He was arrested, charged with assault, and his LTC revoked. After charges were dropped because the individual who threatened him refused to testify to avoid cross examination and questions about his pending charge, he appealed to district court and lost.

I agree completely on the double standard and mentioned it earlier, any non cop would be arrested without question.

I disagree her actions were ok though. From the situation described, where was the need to draw her gun? If she felt the situation. According to the chief, she draw her pistol then located the man behind the house. This wasn’t a call of shots fired or a person with a gun threatening people, etc. is it normal procedure for medway police to respond with pistols drawn for a possible home breakin during the day?

Of the 25 cops in medway (including the chief, not including dispatchers or admin staff) there is on female detective and two female cops. If this situation didn’t involve a one of the few females they have, the chief may have a different view.

The assumption is the NEIGHBOR would know what the homeowner looks like, just like everyone on this freaking forum. So getting a call about an 'unknown' person eliminates the 'walking around my own property' aspect of your post.

I'll say it again, I'd f'ing LOVE to put together a NES 'Use of Force' school, with sim guns and tasers and see how many of you handle these situations. Especially after one of them goes 'bad' for you. 'Bad' being you're dead because you 'didn't want to draw your firearm.

I'd love to attend something like that. My guess would be the opposite, they would be standing over an unarmed corpse and looking at 23 hour a day PC for the next 5 to 30 years.

Last edited:
I never imagined so many NES members would bend over and kiss the boot of an LGBT police officer.

Let’s go Brandon.

You guys brining the lube when she comes over with that big strap on or what??

What about gun holstered, pepper spray deployed, baton unsheathed, perp bleeding profusely?
that might be a thing for you or some people but no lone individual, especially a female, is going to get the jump on me with OC spray and a baton, I could practically use the stuff for taco sauce I've been exposed to it so many times lol she would have just been wearing her own handcuffs by the end of some stupidity like that.

that might be a thing for you or some people but no lone individual, especially a female, is going to get the jump on me with OC spray and a baton, I could practically use the stuff for taco sauce I've been exposed to it so many times lol she would have just been wearing her own handcuffs by the end of some stupidity like that.
Sounds kinky.

Violation of the 1st amendment for the police to erase publicly posted comments on a public government facebook page?
Interesting, although I'm sure they'd play the Facebook anti-hate algorism BS. The wife is still stating that her comments about what happened are not being allowed on their page.

Meanwhile, in the dangerous town of Medway, here is the officer(s) on a busy Friday night during the high school's Sophomore Ring Dance. They were "able to stop in several times throughout the event" despite the school having a full time Resource Officer.

Since the newly appointed Chief publicly stated that 7:03AM on a Monday work day in Medway is "inherently dangerous" and justified pulling a gun on a homeowner, I could only imagine the crimes being committed on a Friday night while they are posing for this picture.

MPD.jpg

Why do the curtains look like a CCP flag?

Didn't read the whole thread, but did the cop have her sidearm pointed at the homeowner? Or just in her hand? There is a big difference.
This young lady looks to be about 120lbs soaking wet. I would suggest drawing ahead of time may have been prudent.
The officer behind her is what?
5'3" 165?
By the way that pose is threatening and misogynistic.
She should file a sexual misconduct suit.

well now, a perfect time for joe to hold his own beer summit and endear him to our hearts and open arms.

Why do the curtains look like a CCP flag?

Didn't read the whole thread, but did the cop have her sidearm pointed at the homeowner? Or just in her hand? There is a big difference.
This young lady looks to be about 120lbs soaking wet. I would suggest drawing ahead of time may have been prudent.
According to the police statement: She saw a bike leaning up against the house, drew her weapon at the low ready, and approached the homeowner from behind while he was kneeling down away from her.

According to the wife who was home and nearby residents in the now-deleted comments: it was not at low ready.

As always, only one side was allowed to have their story heard without being deleted/censored. The chief made his statement in the OP only after all other comments were deleted. Any new comments by Medway residents against the police statement are still being taken down.

Nothing to see here.

According to the police statement: She saw a bike leaning up against the house, drew her weapon at the low ready, and approached the homeowner from behind while he was kneeling down away from her.

According to the wife who was home and nearby residents in the now-deleted comments: it was not at low ready.

As always, only one side was allowed to have their story heard without being deleted/censored. The chief made his statement in the OP only after all other comments were deleted. Any new comments by Medway residents against the police statement are still being taken down.

Nothing to see here.
Oh, now I get it.
I would have granted her low ready. But to level up and train a loaded firearm is unnecessary. Even low ready is a bit of a stretch.
Hopefully the officer gets some advice about pointing loaded guns at people.

Medway, MA
February 20th, 2023

A neighbor called the police at 7:03am on a man walking around his property, allegedly inspecting the exterior of his home, for a possible B&E. Medway Police Officer Meghan Casey responded to the call:

Apparently there were some posts made on Facebook from the wife of the man, which resulted in a debate about the actions of the officer and whether or not the firearm was pointed at the suspect when she approached him from behind. The social media backlash prompted the Chief to issue a statement on Facebook, and all other posts and comments were scrubbed.

The Medway police chief defends the actions stating: [added to reflect time]

View attachment 724515View attachment 724516

Be careful guys, don't walk your property before work at 7am without knowing the possible repercussions.

"A neighbor called the police at 7:03am on a man walking around his property"

Geesh, that sentence confusing... ;)

Last edited:
Step 1: Overreact to a neighbor calling the police on a homeowner walking their property, and pull your gun on them.
Step 2: Openly and publicly delete all evidence from the homeowners and residents of the gun being drawn on them. Make sure it known there is only one side of the story allowed. Bonus points for leaving comments referencing the comments you deleted as a F*** you.
Step 3: Pretend like everyone did their job perfectly and safely, without repercussions. Hand out high fives and atta-boys (sorry atta-girls).
Step 4: Wonder why this shit happens…
School intruder.jpg
They are so used to issuing press releases they didn't even change the title from the one in the OP.

Attachments

• Homeowner Deleted Post.png
    Homeowner Deleted Post.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Homeowner Post 2.png
    Homeowner Post 2.png
    97 KB · Views: 20
So OP wants police to respond unarmed against an unknown person who might be doing a B&E in the daytime.

Got it.
Not too long ago, a Weymouth Police Officer responded to a similar situation and time of day and did not have his gun drawn. Perp bashed his head open with a rock, took his gun and murdered him and a witness that was looking out her window.

Not too long ago, a Weymouth Police Officer responded to a similar situation and time of day and did not have his gun drawn. Perp bashed his head open with a rock, took his gun and murdered him and a witness that was looking out her window.
I think I posted the same thing in an earlier post.

Discretion is the key, you don't have to have the weapon leveled and finger on the trigger, but low ready and slightly behind you is not a bad thing

my post from earlier:
look, there is no love for the current state of law enforcement at this address, but if you were a homeowner, and someone was on your property uninvited at 0700, and you decided to give up cover and confront the person, you would have your firearm in your hand... maybe concealed behind your back, but you'd have it out just because.
Three Words ... Officer Michael Chesna
He was executed by a scumbag after being hit with a EFFN ROCK, losing control of his weapon, and then having TEN rounds of his own ammo used against him.
It is hard for me to find any fault with the cop on this one... and I'd jump at the chance to do so.

There's a simple way to solve this. Release the body camera footage. Police wear body cameras to protect those they interact with as well as themselves. Let's see what the evidence says.
edit:

Mendon has used body cameras since last fall, this was news to me but I confirmed it with their Records Department

If you wanted the footage, you could FOIA it, maybe the reason it is not out on the public view yet is nobody has asked for it to be released

Last edited:
Early mornings and quiet residential neighborhoods, preferably with spread out homes and with some woods nearby are always tempting targets for drug addicts.

Most any adult addict you see riding a bike has stolen the bike somewhere. They would not for a second spend 10.00 on a bicycle when they can get another rock with it.

Mornings are when a large majority of break ins or home invasions occur. The drug addict has been up all night, they’re high as f***, out of drugs, out of money and desperate to keep the high going.

Many expect that the homeowners in those types of neighborhoods will be on their way to work already, giving them a quick and easy score. They’ll light off into the woods or take off on their stolen bike to make distance in case anyone saw them and called or alarms were triggered. All of that is really just basic street level knowledge.

As for being at the low ready on approach, this does not specifically mean that your weapon is out and pointed straight down to the ground, other factors can always come into play, crowded areas vs open areas, threat level assessment of the actual complaint or 911 call etc.

Low ready in dynamic or tactical situations can also be weapon out, both arms extended forward with wrists and muzzle pointed slightly downward out in front, still safely off of any person or target.

In those situations it is much easier and more accurate to simply snap your wrists back up and you’re already on target, as opposed to having them pointed straight down at your feet, which I think a lot of people envision, but which many times will also cause the initial reflex of ‘oh shit’ to then either over extend past (upwards) your centermass line of site and then have to make corrections to bring it back down onto your target area, delaying or making shots less accurate, or by having your arms pointed straight downwards (again) and the person starts firing too early and into the dirt as the ‘oh f***’ adrenaline hits. It’s just simple human reaction vs adrenaline and muscle control, they’ll come up too fast and continue right past centermass.

I’ve conducted and showed this with hundreds of students over the course of my instructor time using Sims rounds. Running them thru the same scenarios over and over and utilizing both “low readies” mentioned above to show the difference.

From the modified low ready (arms extended out front and wrists/muzzle slightly lowered and pointed downwards) most students would hit me centermass or at least above the waist with Sims rounds over and over from about 10-15yrds out, sometimes as close as ten feet.

From the older style low ready or arms extended straight-ish downward, upon approach and their ‘oh shit’ (if you will) moments in the training, most students would fire into the ground as they raised the weapon hitting my boots, calves and ass over and over again. The majority of those hits were below the waist, with some hitting the back of my head and neck or the walls at that same height, from coming up too far too fast.

I’ve taken hundreds of Sims rounds from the waist down just training this to people so they can see the results of each and implement whatever best suits their situation at the time.

** I don’t know if any of that makes sense to people without actually seeing it but maybe it will help to understand a little better the training and implementation of different techniques.

The same approach works well for your weapon mounted lights. People are afraid to use them because they say they don’t want to point their muzzle at a potential family member (vs break in threat) late at night.

You don’t need to point your muzzle at anyone to use your WML. Using the modified low ready (extended with wrists and muzzle slightly downwards) you can easily shine that light right at their feet and it lights them up plenty enough to decide if it’s one of your kids sneaking in after curfew or some a**h*** breaking in, and if you’re not skinflinting on cheap shit garbage lights it still works well enough to see their hands or what is in their hands with the throw of the light all around them in the dark room, while never even raising your muzzle past the front of their toes.

There's a simple way to solve this. Release the body camera footage. Police wear body cameras to protect those they interact with as well as themselves. Let's see what the evidence says.
Are these cameras you mention always on? Or, only on during interactions? Was there an interaction?

maybe the reason it is not out on the public view yet is nobody has asked for it to be released

Body camera footage of the Nashville school shooting was voluntarily released immediately. If there is body cam footage, and it hasn’t been released, there is no reason to think anything other than that they are lying and covering up for her.

Body camera footage of the Nashville school shooting was voluntarily released immediately. If there is body cam footage, and it hasn’t been released, there is no reason to think anything other than that they are lying and covering up for her.
Nashville was/is an international news event, and they released the video in a record amount of time... normally they don't release until there is some review, investigation, cripes they even released the Officers names immediately which is unheard of.

Outside of a handful of people, nobody GARA about Mendon, but if you want to send a FOIA request to their C.O.P. all it will take is 2 minutes to compose it and they will probably email you the file.

For the record I have requested the video via a FOIA request

Nashville was/is an international news event, and they released the video in a record amount of time... normally they don't release until there is some review, investigation, cripes they even released the Officers names immediately which is unheard of.

Outside of a handful of people, nobody GARA about Mendon, but if you want to send a FOIA request to their C.O.P. all it will take is 2 minutes to compose it and they will probably email you the file.

For the record I have requested the video via a FOIA request
*Medway, not Mendon. I'm sure your fingers are just moving too quickly.

Based on the photo from the ring dance, it looks like Medway may not be using bodycams yet. At least, not on everyone all the time.

That's exactly my point. Normally they don't do any of that. But they did there. Which means they can and there is literally nothing preventing them from doing so. Yet time and time again they will fight tooth and nail from releasing any video or any names of the cops with some baseless made up nonsense of an excuse. And this happens with incidents that are huge national news stories too. And those excuses are even more transparently BS now.

Back
Top Bottom