• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Medway Officer Draws Gun on Homeowner After Possible B&E Call from Neighbor

You can't win here.

"Hello, Police? There's some strange guy wandering around my neighbor's home. I think he might be a burgur-lurgle."

The guy who lives there is some strange guy?

I know, the police can’t know that the alleged neighbor who called is in fact clueless. But this is very similar to what lead to the cop murdering Atatiana Jefferson in her own home a few years ago.

That is to assume this encounter was as pleasant and professional as yours was. I never had any interactions with Medway police, and Medway is well outside of my area of coverage, but I can say with full confidence: there are some specific departments in MA that operate with much less professionalism.
It was only the neighbor I suggested the homeowner thank.

So the LEO should know every person on the street.
Maybe she was looking for a dog?? 😂

Couple of years back I got up around 430-500 to put some wood in the stove when I see a car driving towards me in my driveway.
When I opened the door to see WTF some idiot wanted my 220 .45 was in my right hand.
Maybe I over reacted??

Your property, your rules. Someone uninvited, where they shouldn't be. Go for it.

Not analogous to this situation at all.

"Hey police, it's 7am and there's a guy outside of my neighbor's house looking at stuff." Shouldn't the first question be, I don't know, "is it your neighbor"? And then the caller says "I have no clue what my neighbor looks like, so I guess that's possible"?

At what hours are we allowed to look at our homes without having a gun drawn on us?

look, there is no love for the current state of law enforcement at this address, but if you were a homeowner, and someone was on your property uninvited at 0700, and you decided to give up cover and confront the person, you would have your firearm in your hand... maybe concealed behind your back, but you'd have it out just because.

Three Words ... Officer Michael Chesna

He was executed by a scumbag after being hit with a EFFN ROCK, losing control of his weapon, and then having TEN rounds of his own ammo used against him.

It is hard for me to find any fault with the cop on this one... and I'd jump at the chance to do so.
I think it’d be more appropriate for her to have her hand on the pistol, retention undone. And definitely not pointed at the guy (maybe she just had it low ready).

The difference between you and her is that you would know that it wasn’t the home owner out in the yard. She didn’t know.

Still, I’d be more upset with the neighbor than the officer. I appreciate neighbors looking out for each other, but I know mine would text me before calling the cops “hey, I think someone is outside your house being creepy”.

Very first thing is about a bike leaning against the house and then includes the additional comment that criminals often use bikes. Well so do everyone else including children for playing and adults for exercise and sport. But that’s not mentioned. It’s also not mentioned what type of bike or where it was. It could have been a small pink child’s bike for all we know. It’s also interesting how this is the very first detail noted.

Then it mentions him “crouching” and wearing all black, both clearly meant to convey negative intent on the person. He could have been “crouching” tying his shoe while wearing a black business suit. Don’t know because of their vague and possibly misleading language.

It then emphasized how she never pointed her gun directly at him. Maybe she’s crossed eyed and pointed it at him but her aim was off? I joke here, but I’ve read the same exact thing before only for video to come out later and that be a flat out lie.

Then she used “verbal commands to control the situation” and “determined he was a resident”. Vague. What commands? What was his response? How did she determine that? What came next? Did she cuff and stuff him, get his ID, and then let him go? Notice the lack of specific details other than her not pointing her gun directly at him?

Then it’s more comments about how dangerous these calls are and again how she didn’t point her gun at him.

Then it’s how cops are “frequently” killed on calls like this. Embellishment and exaggeration. Yes, cops are sometimes killed, but no, it’s not at all frequent. Clearly misleading.

He’s “never” seen any of his officers do anything wrong? Again, additional and irrelevant comments that are also rather unbelievable.

There’s more but the point is, the framework of his statement is explicitly designed to make them look as good as possible while purporting to explain what happened while actually providing almost no real details.

100%. This is one of those fact checking examples that the press pulls on the American people. Adding a 'theoretical fact' to an actual fact doesn't make something more factual it becomes less factual. That goes for the bike leaning against the house and wearing all black. I'm surprised the chief didn't say well not only are bikes leaning against a house a sign of suspicious activity but heaven help us all if turned out to be a black homeowner wearing all black on top of it.

The product of a series of probabilities is in actuality a smaller number than the original probability itself making the entire story less credible. This is what the press does when they want to downplay events/actions/etc and make it seem less relevant. It seems like the cops are also learning to how use propaganda as well. "A train derailed, well that's nothing they derail all the time".

Some of you guys still inherently trust the judgment of cops because you believe you’re one of the “good guys.”

The chances of a cop shooting me on a “wellness check” or because there’s a “suspicious person” around in the daylight hours is much greater than whatever the perceived danger is.

Please mind your business, and don’t put me or the cop in danger. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Bad neighbor and the cop pulled out a gun too early. It’s like swatting someone. All you need is a resident walking around outside their own home.

The lesson here is don't invite Karens into your life needlessly. Obviously don't live close enough to your neighbors that they can see into your yard or your property. "Fences make good neighbors" and all that.

Sorry, but I don't need my neighbors swatting me because they "thought something was suspicious". Mind your god damn business. If I wanted a damn alarm and cameras to keep an eye on my property, I would install them. No need for the snitch brigade.

Does Meghan Casey ask the taxpayers of medway to replace her soiled underwear?

If she’s this afraid and paranoid, maybe being a preschool teacher is a better profession. Read my post below. She’s a nut, we definitely don’t want a groomer near kids.

Last edited:
She’s a nut

“ MEDWAY — Members of the LGBTQ+ community often don't trust police. They feel their complaints go unheard.

Medway police officer Meghan Casey wants to change that. She recently became the department's LGBTQ+ liaison, an idea she successfully pitched to Chief William Kingsbury.

"Growing up as a member of the LGBTQ+ community myself, there weren't many resources or role models for me, and I want to be role model," said Casey, 26, a 2014 Bellingham High School graduate. "Historically, I think members of the LGBTQ+ community felt that they couldn't come to the police, or they wouldn't be taken seriously. That's not the case anymore."”

“ Casey started in patrol and later became a motorcycle officer. She is the department's civil rights officer, which she said has a similar role as the LGBTQ+ liaison. She took some training in 2020, but due the pandemic, the rest of the training was postponed but she hopes to restart it soon.

Medway Police Officer Meghan Casey was recently named the department's LGBT liaison officer, a position she pitched to the department.
Along with working toward her master's degree in criminology, Casey is a certified firearms safety officer and applied police procedures officer. She teaches courses at police academies through”

Gun drawn and pointed at me with finger on trigger when I am not posing an immediate threat, not ok. Gun drawn and at a low or high ready position with finger on the side of the slide just in case because it's a B&E call, sure.

What about gun holstered, pepper spray deployed, baton unsheathed, perp bleeding profusely?

Some of you guys still inherently trust the judgment of cops because you believe you’re one of the “good guys.”

The chances of a cop shooting me on a “wellness check” or because there’s a “suspicious person” around in the daylight hours is much greater than whatever the perceived danger is.

Please mind your business, and don’t put me or the cop in danger. Thanks in advance.

This particular cop will end up hurting or killing somebody. She’s paranoid and has terrible judgement and should absolutely not be a cop

man-hater to boot, that neighbor is lucky to be alive

Did you notice she trains people at police academies around the state?

How is a nobody who’s been a cop for literally 4 year in a small town, training anyone on anything. It’s not as if she had a career beforehand here she acquired some skill or expertise either. She was a dispatcher for medway before becoming a paranoid cop

Can any of you articulate any suspicion of any crime or any sign of any danger to the officer? No? Then she shouldn't have drawn her gun.

And before someone says "B&E" - walking around outside is not B&E! It's literally just walking around outside.

If an electrical company worker is checking my meter and I go outside with a gun out, I'm going to jail. Some animals are more equal though and I can't believe so many of you are defending the cop here.

Yeah, dude poking around outside a home is not a draw your gun threat for this officer, it was not a home invasion.

This could have easily been resolved with a yell at 50 feet and a hand on the gun, or with the cruisers loud speaker without assaulting anyone.

Yes, this would be assault with a firearm.

Back
Top Bottom