• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Meanwhile, in Mexico...

Nice trigger discipline.

article-2534496-1A6DD73900000578-932_964x675.jpg

And good for them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-town-feared-Knights-Templar-drug-cartel.html

I just wish the neighborhood watch could be better armed. I usually don't advocate for violence but in the situation they are in I don't see another way out.

I lived about 1 mile from the border for 4 years and saw a lot of the crap goin on down in Juarez. I'm glad they are standing up and fighting back down there.

Not much of an article but there many compelling pictures at the link.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/in...antes-battle-cartels-2014115124611419560.html

In Mexico, a country home to powerful drug cartels, groups of armed vigilantes known as "fuerzas autodefensas", or self-defence groups, have formed in the past year. In recent weeks, they have even taken over communities in the state of Michoacan; in one case surrounding a city thought to be a key stronghold for the Knights Templar cartel and taking over nearby towns after violent street clashes. In these newly occupied towns the citizen militia have disarmed and detained local police, claiming that both police and government forces are corrupt and in league with the cartels. Mexico's drug war has wreaked havoc on the country, bringing staggering levels of crime and violence. These civilians, armed with AK-47s, have been fighting back in what they see as a bid to liberate the country.

Good I'm glad people want these shitbags out of their homeland and are actually doing something about it. I wish them luck.

I hesitate to offer full endorsement without knowing more about the particular actors involved, but it's definitely a plus when a community is able to effectively regulate itself.

Quick send Hilary Clinton down there! It looks like those guns may have been bought in the US!

Some really interesting pictures in this gallery... I'm not qualified to speak on events in Mexico, but these pictures really bring home how bad things are in parts of the country.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/in...antes-battle-cartels-2014115124611419560.html
Whats going on down there is very interesting. And to my knowledge they are doing this all without the assistance of the government as most officials are corrupt anyway. This is proof that there are people out there willing to do this for themselves still(albeit not in the US for the most part). I do not advocate for the use of force but in their case they are simply responding to force directed at them from the drug cartels(the ones our government arms and pays salaries for).

Whats going on down there is very interesting. And to my knowledge they are doing this all without the assistance of the government as most officials are corrupt anyway. This is proof that there are people out there willing to do this for themselves still(albeit not in the US for the most part). I do not advocate for the use of force but in their case they are simply responding to force directed at them from the drug cartels(the ones our government arms and pays salaries for).

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping they're the good guys just protecting themselves and fighting the good fight, but as I said, I'm not the most knowledgeable as to what goes on down there beyond generalities. My area of familiarity is with Afghanistan and Chechnya, where the slew of militias and armed tribal bands are often just as parasitic as whoever they're fighting. These sorts of cases are a symptom of (among other things) an governance/administration vacuum that's filled by insurgents/cartels/criminals/etc; generally speaking that's not a problem we have in the U.S. so it doesn't provoke the same response. I tend to believe that if sufficiently threatened a good many people will step up and defend themselves. There are of course caveats and exceptions, but broadly speaking the comfortable do not rebel.

TLDR: Good on them for standing up for themselves, hope it works out.

And guess what the Mexican governments response is? They are sending in federal troops... to disarm the Self Defense Groups.

I guess they discourage self help too.

And guess what the Mexican governments response is? They are sending in federal troops... to disarm the Self Defense Groups.

I guess they discourage self help too.

No blo to pay them off?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Back
Top Bottom