Maverick 88 in MA

Hi,
I hope I'm posting this correctly, I haven't quite figured out how to post from my phone yet.
I live in MA and just received my FID card. I was wondering if the Maverick
88 shitgun would be FID compliant. I've seen some places list the capacity at 5 which would make it compliant but I've seen other places list it as 6 or even 8 she'll capacity. So I was wondering which was correct and whether or not it would be legal to own with an FID card.

The maverick special purpose, slug, and all purpose are all 5+1. The security model is higher capacity. I would suggest the all purpose version because it uses interchangable chokes and an extra home defense barrel like on the special purpose version would only cost $75. What do you want it for?

Last edited:
Hi,
I hope I'm posting this correctly, I haven't quite figured out how to post from my phone yet.
I live in MA and just received my FID card. I was wondering if the Maverick
88 shitgun would be FID compliant. I've seen some places list the capacity at 5 which would make it compliant but I've seen other places list it as 6 or even 8 she'll capacity. So I was wondering which was correct and whether or not it would be legal to own with an FID card.

Just picked mine up yesterday. I got the 18.5 inch version it's 5+1. It comes with a wooden dowel in the tube that limits it to 3. It's some hunting law I guess. You can remove the dowel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Dick's will sell it to you, it's ok to own. i was there today and they had Mav's for $219

Back
Top Bottom