• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maura spanks another dealer for selling Glocks

I didn't read all three pages of this thread, but wonder if anyone noticed that (according to the article) the fine and license yanking was for illegally operating out of his residence, not necessarily the Glock firearm sales.

I didn't read all three pages of this thread, but wonder if anyone noticed that (according to the article) the fine and license yanking was for illegally operating out of his residence, not necessarily the Glock firearm sales.

True... very interesting. The article is written in a way that kind of bounces back and forth between two topics (selling Glocks and operating out of his residence). All it says is, "In violation of state law, Mr. Martinello used his home as his permanent place of business for conducting gun sales and transactions."

True... very interesting. The article is written in a way that kind of bounces back and forth between two topics (selling Glocks and operating out of his residence). All it says is, "In violation of state law, Mr. Martinello used his home as his permanent place of business for conducting gun sales and transactions."

But I bet he wouldn't have been investigated if it wasn't for the incident at the gun show.

They don't have unfettered access to the EFA10 system not to mention that system does not record the context of the transfer (whether its LE or otherwise CMR940 exempt, etc). The system also has no way of knowing whether or not the gun is Pre98 or not (although you can guess from the SN, mostly).

Rats make it 10,000x simpler and easier for them to threaten or intimidate someone.

-Mike
I wouldn't make that assumption. Just sayn'.......

Makes more sense - I feel like the AG doesn't want to actually fine FFLs over this issue, just threaten fines and shut down sales. She knows she's on thin legal ground.

Yeah, as Len has indicated this may have changed and CJIS is just letting them do whatever they
want at this point.

-Mike

Don't forget the list of transactions that was released in the news after 7/20. I thought we had come to the consensus that that came from the eFA10 database?

Would be fun to find that out, not that it matters much anyways, at this juncture.

-Mike

Oh it matters. It's the principal of the thing. Even if we don't put them out of biz, a pile of responsible gun owners won't darken that door.

If only EBT/Welfare cheats could be investigated and squashed with the same vigor...

It would be [rofl] if it wasn't so true.

I have believed for quite sometime, that the "2A" community in Massachusetts will eat it self from the inside out. Even private sellers are selling guns for at least a 1.5x premium (go look at the forums lots and lots of $600-$700 glocks, and lots of 75-100 preban mags). See it's all about the money. Anybody remember when AIM was shut out from shipping ammo? That was rumored to be due to an infamous central mass ffl...too bad no one quite understand how outflanked we are by our oppressors!

Human nature is inherently selfish. We are our own worst enemies. Think of dealers like this like the guy that pulls out of the offramp line to cut in further up. Somehow he's more important that the "collective."

Why is she doing this? Because going after Glock sales is so much easier than going after heroin sales. And because a super duper kunty

Basically yes, they call it going after the "low hanging fruit."

It's so much easier than having to follow the rules when they go after the drug dealers and gang members. Remember, they have rights.

Basically yes, they call it going after the "low hanging fruit."

It's so much easier than having to follow the rules when they go after the drug dealers and gang members. Remember, they have rights.
i've been screaming this for years. easier to come after the white suburban gun owners than inner city thugs and i'm thinking mainly cause white gun owners don't enjoy the protection of the aclu and naacp as well as all the other too numerous to name community groups.

Still wondering what happens to someone using a late model Glock in a home defense situation. They going to get jammed up for having an illegal gun even if was bought legallly from an ffl?

Still wondering what happens to someone using a late model Glock in a home defense situation. They going to get jammed up for having an illegal gun even if was bought legallly from an ffl?

The seller can get jammed up for selling it to you, but it's not "illegal" to own one (as long as it's not an assault weapon - over ten round mag)

I know that's the theory.

In your home defense situation, you'll already be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery with a deadly, discharging within 500 feet, murder, or any on a slew of charges.

This means that you'll already have a lawyer. That lawyer should be able to get the "possession of an illegal Glock" dismissed pretty quickly.

But since the court will need to find "possession of an illegal Glock" in their computer system in order to generate the complaint, and there isn't one, it's not likely you'll see that charge.

The kid that gave the Boston marathon bomber the pistol that killed the security officer didn't have to pay a $10,000 fine!

Liberals that distort the word infringe!

How did our country survive all those years before the ATF was formed?
MotherF** only got 17 months talk about enforcing existing laws

All this over Glocks, huh?

Seems like Stoney Acres gets the brunt of the blame for being flaming rat douchebags who can't mind their own business. They deserve to have their business suffer as a result, if the local gun community cares enough to withhold business from them. The promoter, who is from out of state, but does enough business here that they should be aware of the situation in MA, probably just wanted to keep the peace, but if they decided to boot the vendor over this then they get the blame too. Shame on whoever involved the cops - they should have been able to get the guy to pack it up without taking it to this level, but I'm guessing the douchebag from Stoney Acres was making too much of a scene for the cops not to notice at that point.

Oh, and **** the police for having this end up with Maura's office.

You really think the AG investigation came from a couple bored cops having to stand around as someone packed up and left the show over someone else's shitfit? I'd be willing to bet that asshat crybaby that pitched a tantrum to have the guy removed from the show was behind that.

I remember years ago when Bass Pro opened and started selling Glocks. A rat who owns a gun shop in Attleboro which is North East from here, reportedly called the AG back then and turned them in.

Back
Top Bottom