• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maura Healey refuses to disclose

According to Tarrow, Healey’s July 20 issuance of the enforcement notice “was not intended to signal finality of the deliberative process.” Tarrow cited the last sentence of Healey’s notice as proof: “[t]he AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance.”

In other words, she's not done yet....
Tarrow did however describe the nature of the records Healey’s office elected to withhold from Reinhart, including, “records and data regarding the sale and ownership of firearms; records related to the manufacturing and design of certain weapons; notes from investigatory interviews with dealers, law enforcement, researchers, and other public and private sources; communications with victims of gun violence; and internal communications.”

Records regarding the ownership of firearms. Hmmm, what might she be planning to use those for?
“If disclosed, the withheld records would prejudice current law enforcement efforts by prematurely releasing information about the nature and course of our investigations, and by alerting targets to planned civil or criminal enforcement actions.

[thinking]

THIS

She straight up told us she wasn't going to treat us as criminals for now. This continues to get better and better, the true agenda is exposed week by week.

She's using the NSSF's lawsuit as reason to not disclose? I'm sorry, but isn't all this shit just going to come out during discovery anyway? Is she going to ignore subpoenas for these documents as well?

Well she is ignoring a Congressional Subpoena so yes I would expect her to ignore those as well.

I am starting to enjoy this. I am starting to think that the entire mess of Massachusetts gun laws is going to tumble by the the end of this ordeal. It may take a while but it will. Maura opened a Pandora's box. What she did is beyond gun control and non-gun owners are starting to recognize that thanks to the efforts of GOAL. We have complained for years that national organizations ignore MA. We complain that MA dealers ignore MA. Well, both are engaged with more to come. Comm2A is firing on all cylinders. Interest in gun ownership is at a high. And, at least at the federal level, the establishment's world is crumbling. That is trickling down to the state level as well. Heck, Trump is only down by 13% in the latest UMassAmherst/WBZ poll. OK, Trump taking MA may be a pipe dream. ;-)

She's using the NSSF's lawsuit as reason to not disclose? I'm sorry, but isn't all this shit just going to come out during discovery anyway? Is she going to ignore subpoenas for these documents as well?

Well she is ignoring a Congressional Subpoena so yes I would expect her to ignore those as well.

I'm willing to bet that she will too!

She's a real piece of work!!

I am starting to enjoy this. I am starting to think that the entire mess of Massachusetts gun laws is going to tumble by the the end of this ordeal. It may take a while but it will. Maura opened a Pandora's box. What she did is beyond gun control and non-gun owners are starting to recognize that thanks to the efforts of GOAL. We have complained for years that national organizations ignore MA. We complain that MA dealers ignore MA. Well, both are engaged with more to come. Comm2A is firing on all cylinders. Interest in gun ownership is at a high. And, at least at the federal level, the establishment's world is crumbling. That is trickling down to the state level as well. Heck, Trump is only down by 13% in the latest UMassAmherst/WBZ poll. OK, Trump taking MA may be a pipe dream. ;-)

The corruption knows no bounds

"..., and include legal opinions relevant to actual and threatened litigation,”

So she doesn't want to release her legal reasoning to the public for the public enforcement notice that she's being sued over. Because...then the legal reasoning would be made ... public... Riiiiight. Ever get the feeling you're arguing with a child only using adult words?

These people are weasels and should be driven out of office. So, AG, you're claiming an indefinite exemption? WHEN DOES IT END?!?!?!?

The records, Tarrow claimed, “could provide premature insight to private litigants and indicate how such litigation may be defended.”

Oh, we wouldn't want that, would we. Because of the existing litigation, naturally wouldn't there be a disclosure process that would cover this information??? And wouldn't it get released anyway (unless it's destroyed in the interim)??

ETA: Appears this is SOP in the People's Republik of Mass....and Ms. Lorraine Tarrow has plenty of experience not complying with public records law:
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...ating-as-prosecutors-refuse-to-release-video/

I think I have an idea for a piece of legislation to introduce next year. Let's call it the "Ma Public Records Transparency Act" and it gives the the Supervisor of Records the final authority to release public records.

Last edited:

That still has me scratching my head.
Even Queen Hitlery was compelled to appear.
In the grand scheme of things Maura's not a pimple on a gnats ass.
How is it she hasn't had her ass hauled off for failing to comply?

That still has me scratching my head.
Even Queen Hitlery was compelled to appear.
In the grand scheme of things Maura's not a pimple on a gnats ass.
How is it she hasn't had her ass hauled off for failing to comply?
Supports Hitlery and spoke at the DNC

Last edited:
With the gaping hole in this year's budget which will only get worse next year, rulings like this might force the house and senate leadership to reconsider leaving the AG off leash to go running up massive legal bills unnecessarily.

With the gaping hole in this year's budget which will only get worse next year, rulings like this might force the house and senate leadership to reconsider leaving the AG off leash to go running up massive legal bills unnecessarily.

Certainly something that the pols on our side need to bring up very publicly.
Now she's going to go up against Exxon using our money as well.
News flash Maura , they have more laying around in cash than this state's whole budget.
There's some poor a-hole that's going to be dragging his ass out of bed at 4am tomorrow morning on his way to a 12 hour day paying for this.
Nice going.

I thought I heard they were doing layoffs in the executive branch. Start with all the AAGs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting that she's now suing District Attorneys for refusing to comply with FOIA requests.

POT-KETTLE-BLACK

http://www.telegram.com/news/201611...da-two-other-prosecutors-for-withholding-data

(Private browsing defeats the Telegram's paywall)

Wow... In all honesty, I think she's actually doing the right thing here, since the glob's request seems actually reasonable (for them). However, what the actual ****?

That's why it's "Pot-Kettle-Black." Either the FOIA law does not apply to the AG (according to her) or she just chooses where and when to ignore/use it to suit her agenda.

That's why it's "Pot-Kettle-Black." Either the FOIA law does not apply to the AG (according to her) or she just chooses where and when to ignore/use it to suit her agenda.
The interesting part about her refusal is that it could disclose strategy used to defend against litigation from the public she serves.

under the "you can't make this shit up" category, the boston herald is reporting that Healey is maneuvering to run against "one and done baker" for the governorship. That is why she is doing all this very public posturing on guns, global warming, etc. Baker fell right into it...he supported her gun grab, NOW she will use the whole thing against him! [rofl][rofl][rofl]

Baker better get ready to bend over, and have the industrial sized lube bottle available. he has been had.

under the "you can't make this shit up" category, the boston herald is reporting that Healey is maneuvering to run against "one and done baker" for the governorship. That is why she is doing all this very public posturing on guns, global warming, etc. Baker fell right into it...he supported her gun grab, NOW she will use the whole thing against him! [rofl][rofl][rofl]

Baker better get ready to bend over, and have the industrial sized lube bottle available. he has been had.

Yup she will.
What a tool.

Back
Top Bottom