• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Suppressor Legalization Alert

Oooooh boy reading through Will B's website is a doozy of Hollywood fears and fallacies. I've never seen so many fearful & ignorant people respond to one of his requests for feedback before even on controversial issues. Virtually everyone responding thinks suppressors are commonly used by criminals and are virtually silent. Totally oblivious to the way they really work, how controlled they are, and that they are legal in 84% of states without issue. I think the Mommys must have sent out a mass mailing on this bill to scare up some serious confirmation bias with our elected officials.

See? We shooters are competing (badly) against forces far, far more powerful than we are. It's not just the mommies; it's generations of Hollywood and even the popular name, "silencer." We've got nothing but facts and logic in reply.

Nothing at all will come of this.

Naturally, Law Enforcement weighs heavily in the decision-making process.

If they're not on-board, ain't NOBODY onboard. This also tells me that Boston is using some kind of shot-trajectory tech to determine the exact location of gunfire downtown, and those folks haven't tested/vetted their tech against suppressor-equipped firearms. All is not lost - there is a problem that needs to be resolved first. A 'study' needs to happen, so that LEO concerns are mitigated and then the bill will get support.

As a whole, MA LEOs favor disarming the public and trampling the constitution, it's disgusting.

I'd like to see a study on how you can shoot up an entire neighbirhoid and still not kill an unarmed teenager hiding in a boat.

I should not have read the comments. The sheer ignorance is amazing. My blood pressure is probably off the chart and sleep is now a long way off.
I was hoping for an opportunity to present logic and facts. But, that entire thread over there is weapons grade ignorance, bigotry, and fear. No wonder Healey is smug. So many people are terrified of something they don't understand and seem proudly ignorant of.

I was hoping for an opportunity to present logic and facts. But, that entire thread over there is weapons grade ignorance, bigotry, and fear. No wonder Healey is smug. So many people are terrified of something they don't understand and seem proudly ignorant of.

Exactly. We're not competing well at all. Whether or not we want to admit it, the other side's got better PR.

As a whole, MA LEOs favor disarming the public and trampling the constitution, it's disgusting.

I'd like to see a study on how you can shoot up an entire neighbirhoid and still not kill an unarmed teenager hiding in a boat.

That's total B.S.! Maybe who you are referring to is the L.E. Management that are glorified suckups to state, city/town politicians!

Until the rank and file open their mouths and exercise 1A, is there a difference?

We do more than you know. How many L.E.O.'s do you actually know? I know over 1000 (My Department along is over 850+ uniformed staff)! A fair amount are GUN guys and girls!

The L.E.O's you see talking on the NEWS are the ones the politicians control. The rank and file for the most part are not against the 2A.

Last edited:
That's total B.S.! Maybe who you are referring to is the L.E. Management that are glorified suckups to state, city/town politicians!
Senior leadership is profoundly incompetent, corrupt or oblivious in every industry. Why would LE leadership be any different.

The problem is twofold:

They control the public relations. That's this stuff, press releases etc...

The other bit is the bad apples mixed in with the good, that see a problem that needs a fly swatter and they use a sledge hammer.

Both work against regaining the public trust.

Eta Hell, maybe we have some ******** in the law abiding but non LE community that aren't helping matters any, either.

Last edited:
All of those gun guys and gals and those that support the 2A should be telling your bosses and the politicians on a consistent basis that you don't like them selling out the people they work for. How many have been at pro 2A rallies. How many belong to gun rights organizations?
You may be doing all you can and if you are thank you. I've heard so many claim they support the 2A over decades yet after they say that there always comes a BUT. It's disgusting what our politicians and other govt. officials get away with.

We do more than you know. How many L.E.O.'s do you actually know? I know over 1000 (My Department along is over 850+ uniformed staff)! A fair amount are GUN guys and girls!

The L.E.O's you see talking on the NEWS are the ones the politicians control. The rank and file for the most part are not against the 2A.

All of those gun guys and gals and those that support the 2A should be telling your bosses and the politicians on a consistent basis that you don't like them selling out the people they work for. How many have been at pro 2A rallies. How many belong to gun rights organizations?
You may be doing all you can and if you are thank you. I've heard so many claim they support the 2A over decades yet after they say that there always comes a BUT. It's disgusting what our politicians and other govt. officials get away with.

This. When these 850+ phantom 2A-supporting LEOs are willing to go on TV and give interviews in support of the Constitution, come talk to me. Until then, I don't care.

Every LEO takes an oath to support the constitution, no? So when your bosses advocate policies that violate that constitution, and the rank and file keep their mouths shut, well that kind of tells me everything I need to know.

"But I'll get fired!" Tough shit. Either your oath matters to you, or it doesn't. If you can't face that, then go become a baker or a candlestick maker or something.

The problem is that the silent majority are complicit with the antis by their very silence.

Please submit your comments!!!

Got this from brownsberger who I've found in the past to actually listen to and consider input. He has a good online forum for posting comments that I've heard other senators also look at. He's received a shit ton of Anti comments bordering on hysteria with no real fact. Please log on and add your comments and enlighten them as to the truth.

***Not sure if that link works properly.
Pasting from my phone

-Mike
iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 20, 2017 at 12:01:13 PM EDT
To: xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Legalize silencers for guns?
Reply-To: Senator Will Brownsberger <[email protected]>

Currently proposed legislation would do just that.
View this email in your browser
Looking for your input on legislation to legalize silencers for guns.

Not something I support or am even confused about, but I'm hearing a lot from people who support silencers and I thought I'd check in with you.

Please take a quick look at this post and, if you have another minute, make a comment there:

https://willbrownsberger.com/noise-suppressors-on-firearms/

Thanks in advance.

Will Brownsberger
State Senator -- 2d Suffolk and Middlesex District
Back Bay, Fenway, Brighton, Allston, Watertown, Belmont

Copyright © 2017 State Senator Will Brownsberger, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email either because you contacted my office by email and reside in my district or because you subscribed online. You will never receive political email on this list -- only legislative and local news.

Our mailing address is:
State Senator Will Brownsberger
Room 504
State House
Boston, MA 02133

Last edited:
This. When these 850+ phantom 2A-supporting LEOs are willing to go on TV and give interviews in support of the Constitution, come talk to me. Until then, I don't care.

Every LEO takes an oath to support the constitution, no? So when your bosses advocate policies that violate that constitution, and the rank and file keep their mouths shut, well that kind of tells me everything I need to know.

"But I'll get fired!" Tough shit. Either your oath matters to you, or it doesn't. If you can't face that, then go become a baker or a candlestick maker or something.
Be serious. No cop is going to jeopardize their career by refusing an order. The Chief is their boss and defying an order is insubordination. Remember, Ma. doesn't recognize the 2nd Amendment and the Cops are following Ma. law.

Be serious. No cop is going to jeopardize their career by refusing an order. The Chief is their boss and defying an order is insubordination. Remember, Ma. doesn't recognize the 2nd Amendment and the Cops are following Ma. law.

I'm fully aware of that.

My post was in response to the oft-repeated claim that most cops really aren't out to infringe on 2a. I'm less than impressed, because when the rubber meets the road their jobs are always more important to them.

I don't really blame them for that; I just wish they'd quit claiming to be on the Constitution's side here. I'd rather they just be quiet and let us commoners vent. They can't have it both ways.

If several hundred did it together what are they going to do fire all of them? Yes, individually it wouldn't work out well but as a group, especially a large group I think they'd be much more likely to listen and act. It might be something like the employees of Market Basket did and they did it without a union. All stick together. Sadly people are more divided than ever now.

The oath means shit to these *******s, it's about the pension. Heard from the mouth of a cop " my pension is to important to me, so I just do like I am told" That is dangerous. Pensions should be stopped get a 401K etc...

I'm fully aware of that.

My post was in response to the oft-repeated claim that most cops really aren't out to infringe on 2a. I'm less than impressed, because when the rubber meets the road their jobs are always more important to them.

I don't really blame them for that; I just wish they'd quit claiming to be on the Constitution's side here. I'd rather they just be quiet and let us commoners vent. They can't have it both ways.
But they're following the law as written in Ma. They can't refuse to uphold the law, only liberal Judges get to do that. The Cops are pawns to the liberals, they want them to enforce the laws they approve of and not the laws the disapprove of like immigration. I tell liberals all the time, be careful what you wish for. You want a war w/us? We have the guns and ammo and if you think the cops you hate are going to take a bullet for you if the SHTF you're dreaming.

True, but they're supposed to follow the law as written in the COTUS The supreme court ruled that the 2A applied to the states but of course they ignore the law when it isn't to their liking and unfortunately they don't face any consequences for doing so.

But they're following the law as written in Ma. They can't refuse to uphold the law, only liberal Judges get to do that. The Cops are pawns to the liberals, they want them to enforce the laws they approve of and not the laws the disapprove of like immigration. I tell liberals all the time, be careful what you wish for. You want a war w/us? We have the guns and ammo and if you think the cops you hate are going to take a bullet for you if the SHTF you're dreaming.

Feeding and supporting their family is the most important thing at the end of the day as is for the majority of law abiding family people. Yes we all love our rights all of them but let's see how many will put their rights over their family when your opponent can have absolute control over your life. Why don't you ask the LEOs how they vote instead? Why don't you ask them what can happen to them if pictures show them in one of those rallies? Or do you think there are people from other professions that won't have a similar problem? Isn't voting a silent protest exercising a right? The problem is with the Massachusetts democratic voting machine. One party state that's what the problem is. Look at the health of the Massachusetts finances and you can draw conclusions which way this state is heading. They even control you if you leave this state and continue working here by having to pay MA state income tax.

So if suppressors are outlawed in the state "for the children" and "public safety", why don't they roll their Maxima, Camry, Corrolla or Accord down to the dealer and delete their muffler.

Come on now, loud noise is for the general public's safety! Think of how easy it'll be for the police to cite you for speeding when you're spinning 2500rpm at 70mph and the trooper heard it from the next mile marker ahead. If you don't like how loud it is just put in some ear plugs....

/end rant

ETA: I'm not going to touch on the Fudd comments from that page.

Feeding and supporting their family is the most important thing at the end of the day as is for the majority of law abiding family people. Yes we all love our rights all of them but let's see how many will put their rights over their family when your opponent can have absolute control over your life. Why don't you ask the LEOs how they vote instead? Why don't you ask them what can happen to them if pictures show them in one of those rallies? Or do you think there are people from other professions that won't have a similar problem? Isn't voting a silent protest exercising a right? The problem is with the Massachusetts democratic voting machine. One party state that's what the problem is. Look at the health of the Massachusetts finances and you can draw conclusions which way this state is heading. They even control you if you leave this state and continue working here by having to pay MA state income tax.
Correct, standing up to your boss/State/Govt. is righteous in principle but real world needs supersede that urge. Losing your job/profession or going to jail doesn't help you in the short and long run. Remember, the libs are in this for the long run and we must not get shortsighted. Ma. is lost, has been for many years. Expecting the Peoples Republic to respect our rights is like asking Little Fatty to stop launching missiles. Never going to happen and it will get worse before it gets better.

What I think I'd realistically prefer, in the absence of police officers standing up for individual rights publicly, would be for their chiefs and DAs and such to STOP endorsing pending bills. They should rrefuse to take any public position on pending legislation.

It'd be like the Army: when in uniform, you avoid politics in public. If cops want to act like soldiers, that's an aspect I'd support: chiefs or not, they shouldn't be using their uniforms for politics.

I know, I know. Never gonna happen.

So if suppressors are outlawed in the state "for the children" and "public safety", why don't they roll their Maxima, Camry, Corrolla or Accord down to the dealer and delete their muffler.

Come on now, loud noise is for the general public's safety! ...

Loud Pipes Save Lives!!!

[rofl]

Last edited:
The people on that browns burgers site are complete tools. I'm posting replies to some of the comments not because I think it will make a difference to these pin heads, I just hate when all these yahoos start spewing garbage and there's no one from our side making coherent arguments or correcting their blatantly false arguments or calling out their b.s "statistics"

The people on that browns burgers site are complete tools. I'm posting replies to some of the comments not because I think it will make a difference to these pin heads, I just hate when all these yahoos start spewing garbage and there's no one from our side making coherent arguments or correcting their blatantly false arguments or calling out their b.s "statistics"

Your enthusiasm is noted, but it's an internet comment board. They feel the same way about your posts that you feel about theirs.

Frankly, I wouldn't waste the energy. Antis who post on message boards are not a good target for our responses.

The oath means shit to these *******s, it's about the pension. Heard from the mouth of a cop " my pension is to important to me, so I just do like I am told" That is dangerous. Pensions should be stopped get a 401K etc...

The pension system is one of the ways they can control the rank and file to do their bidding and not make waves. They will not get rid of it though they should. It is counter productive just like teacher tenure.

Back
Top Bottom