• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts non-resident LTC renewal time

With the new change in the renewal rules I don't have to go to Chelsea for the next 4 years. Does anybody know how long it's taking for them to do a renewal? I'm about three and a half months out and I'm going to mail it now. I used to do about 6 months when I had to go to Chelsea for the interview.

Look for another active thread on this exact same topic. It might be (don't recall) in the proper forum (Mass gun laws), so I'd check there first.

As a frame of reference, I had did a non interview/ by mail renewal this year. When I called FRB they said 90-120 days was likely. I mailed my application in March (IIRC) and received my license back in July. (I intended to allow extra time and my renewal did arrive before its effective/issue date). As non-residents, it's important that we factor in some extra time since we don't get a grace period way that residents do.

In case anyone is interested, they seem to be doing better at the moment. I mailed my renewal at the post office on 11/28 and just got my new permit today. If I can count (open question), that's 44 days.

Back
Top Bottom