Massachusetts Gun Guilt

I'm not saying this applies directly to anyone here, but I'm just speaking from what I've witnessed. We (I use the term, 'we', loosely) all rant and rave about the cold day in hell when the government tries to come down and squash gun ownership. Abandoning ship and not putting up a fight is merely letting the ignorant politicians win and providing them a stepping stone to pushing stupid legislation to other states and possibly nationwide.

Why do organizations like GOAL, NRA and Comm2A exist if our answer is to just pack up, leave and go somewhere else? I'll be first in line to say Massachusetts gun laws don't make any sense. I'm even more so neutered because I live in Boston. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, but I'm not the problem by living in Massachusetts, the laws are.

edit: Also I don't feel the gun guilt that the OP feels.

What you and every gun owner in MA needs to understand and accept is that the vast majority of people in MA and 99% of the legislature don't care a bit about your or my or anyone's gun rights nor do they care about infringing upon them at will. The will to recognize the rights of others is non existant in MA and is the reason why there has been a continuing broadenening of the restrictions passed by the legislature. THEY DON'T CARE!
There is no path of action that will ever change that. The majority of people are too thoroughly brainwashed and too fearful to ever let responsible people be allowed to exercise their rights unencumbered by volumes of prohibitions.
I don't think nor did I say that you were the problem, but if you or anyone else chooses to stay here and tolerate the oppression being foisted upon you, you deserve what you get. I moved out as soon as was humanly possible and I don't have one sliver of regret.

I think the OP has falsely labeled his feelings as "guilt".......its not guilt but anxiety coupled with some amount of fear, not knowing when he'll run into the one F^%^&** a**h*** that will ruin his life over something that is not even thought about in most other states.

The best and most productive thing you can do is leave it behind and let the state devolve into the complete criminal sewer that it begs to be. The criminals don't care, the liberals don't care, the police don't care and the politicians don't care(they are all corrupt as well) so that leaves "the piano" sitting on your back. Drop the piano and move out, it'll be the best thing you ever did for both your physical and psychological health.

I live in Mass. Married with 2 kids. I'm not moving. My folks live here, my wife's folks live here and some of my friends live here. My wife and I both have good jobs here in Mass.
So that being the case, what do I do? I joined GOAL, I joined the NRA, I promote gun ownership to everyone I talk to, I invite people to the range and introduce them to guns (Everyone I have ever invited has loved it and a lot of them ask me about licensing and then take it to the next level.) And I also tell them to promote guns, let people know I took you to the range and you shot guns and it was FUN!
Because I am not moving from Mass (By choice mind you, I could if I absolutly needed to, but it sure would be a lot harder) The more I can get your average joe to understand or even like guns is one more vote Mass has against anti-gun agenda. I try and follow what laws are being put through and I write my reps. All of them from Pacheco to the President and let them know how I feel about such legislation.
I get that this is a liberal state, it always has been, but if there was no electoral college, I think it would be a bit different. My town (Raynham, Ma) is always red.

Sure it is!!
Not only is it the answer to the anxiety, it is immediate relief from every foolish legal encumberance and infringement placed on gun owners by the retarded legislature and public.
You speak from an opinion, I speak from firsthand experience.
Don't say its not the answer because you don't know(you still live here) and you'll never know the feeling until you leave, then you'll ask yourself why you didn't do it much sooner.

I can walk out my back door and shoot day or night and nobody around me cares, no laws are broken and no cops are going to arrive and SWAT me or give me shit or toss my house or confiscate my guns. Nobody is going to screw with me for having a gun in my console or glove compartment or wearing one on my hip in plain view. Nobody is going to shit their pants if I walk down the road with a rifle at sling arms. Try any of it in MA and see how you make out.

Leaving IS the best and only answer if you want to live out from under the bullshit laws of MA

There ya go! Well said!

Where do you come across these people?..I just bought a house about 15 seconds from the Mass border in CT...and spend all my time around here...I have rarely ever come across anyone saying anything or giving a look or anything. I have open carried around Enfield...which is full of Mass people...never anything....I feel it is becoming more acceptable to talk about and carry firearms in this area..

Where do you come across these people?..I just bought a house about 15 seconds from the Mass border in CT...and spend all my time around here...I have rarely ever come across anyone saying anything or giving a look or anything. I have open carried around Enfield...which is full of Mass people...never anything....I feel it is becoming more acceptable to talk about and carry firearms in this area..

I do not get this impression where I am. I have seen it get a bit better over the last 10 years, but not anywhere near that of other states. If I open carried on my own property there would be cops at my house in minutes. Plus, having a restricted license is an entirely different state of gun ownership. It is impossible to feel the way I feel if you have an unrestricted license. I see you are in CT, very different situation there than here, no such thing as restrictions. I hope to join you in CT (where I spent most of my life) someday.

The OP has restrictions, which is BS. I actually enjoy walking around Boston, Cambridge, and Newton looking at the sheeple and thinking about what their reaction would be if they knew I was carrying. Not sure what the exact feeling is, but it sure as hell aint guilt.

Back
Top Bottom