Mass State Police Switching From .45 Back To 9mm

They should have gone with Glock.

Of course SIG is closer to Mass to provide strippers for all that decide.

Glock only go boom if you pull the trigger or get something stuck in the trigger.

What is the Over / Under for medical retirements for the Staties who get blown up from these SIGs that fire on there own?

For a population so mission critical for public safety - I can't imagine why and Police Department would choose such an unreliable POS.

I imagine the decision was made on "Friday Night" at the usual hang out...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2XdmyBtCRQ

Although I hear that Gaston threw some wild parties at Shot Show, too.

They just switched to M&P2.0s. A batch was rejected, so I wonder if they've found other problems and decided to go back to Sig

I had a trooper tell me this earlier today.
They're dumping their current S&W M&P .45's and going to the SIG 320 in 9mm.
He said they originally ordered the M&P 2.0's (9mm), but found something they didn't like, then decided to send them back and buy the SIG's instead.
Seems like MSP can’t decide what they want… .45 to 9mm. S&W M&P to Sig. About the only consistent thing seems to be polymer striker fired. I wonder why they think the Sig 320 is superior to the M&P? Modularity?

They just switched to M&P2.0s. A batch was rejected, so I wonder if they've found other problems and decided to go back to Sig
If a shooter survives enough AD's he'll eventually get a Glock.

From what I hear about S&W is that they don't care if they pump out a batch of rejects.

As long as they pump them out.

They will eventually get fixed when they are turned in for service and repair.

I'd sooner pay $1,000 for a reliable Glock than some of that other garbage at 1/3 the price.

We have to support the home team though.

He said they originally ordered the M&P 2.0's (9mm), but found something they didn't like, then decided to send them back and buy the SIG's instead.

I thought the whole reason they were with the M&P was because sig f***ed them over on service before.... [rofl] go figure.

Seems like MSP can’t decide what they want… .45 to 9mm. S&W M&P to Sig. About the only consistent thing seems to be polymer striker fired. I wonder why they think the Sig 320 is superior to the M&P? Modularity?

Isn't the US military also switching to a P320 variant ???
Maybe they want what the military is using.

All the military folks said the Glock was far superior in every way, but they wanted to save $70 per gun.

Not exactly. Rumor had it Sig flinted on the pistol unit cost in exchange for getting an ammo contract from the DOD. They likely still made
money on the guns. DOD procurment fgts also still jerk off about safety levers on guns, too. Which glocks don't have.

Also were talking about plastic guns here, I doubt an M&P, a Sig P320, or an average Glock, the cost BOM on all 3 is probably within like 50 dollar swing of each other, not
earth shattering. Actually the Sig probably costs more because their slides are usually heavier.

I don't dimples would approve of the staties buying Glocks.
I heard they are double-secret-dangerous and at the same time less likely to cause an AD/ND and a premise for future legal action.

Too few holster discharges with the M&Ps? I bet that was it.

There going to a version of the m18 with a red dot. There been a lot of back and fourth with the people at the state P.D. over the M&P and the Sig. The people that I have talked to over at the P.D. that are "gun guys" said the M&P worked fine for them. There were some issues with the M&Ps but Smith and Wesson took care of it. One of the people in charge wanted to go with Sig because voodoo. So that"s it. As always what I have been told could be wrong.

There going to a version of the m18 with a red dot. There been a lot of back and fourth with the people at the state P.D. over the M&P and the Sig. The people that I have talked to over at the P.D. that are "gun guys" said the M&P worked fine for them. There were some issues with the M&Ps but Smith and Wesson took care of it. One of the people in charge wanted to go with Sig because voodoo. So that"s it. As always what I have been told could be wrong.

A TV set? that will work swimmingly with donut dust coating the screen

What is the Over / Under for medical retirements for the Staties who get blown up from these SIGs that fire on there own?

For a population so mission critical for public safety - I can't imagine why and Police Department would choose such an unreliable POS.
Ding! Ding! There it is! The stupidest thing I've heard today.

Glock's not the cool kid anymore.

Personally, if I were a gun manufacturer, I'd publicly tell all of these state police agencies in not-gun-free states to pound sand. Get enough other manf's to do it and suddenly there is massive INTERNAL pressure on the powers-that-be to do something. I mean, maybe you could get a Bersa contract or something. LOL.

Personally, if I were a gun manufacturer, I'd publicly tell all of these state police agencies in not-gun-free states to pound sand. Get enough other manf's to do it and suddenly there is massive INTERNAL pressure on the powers-that-be to do something. I mean, maybe you could get a Bersa contract or something. LOL.
Agree........Hi Point might give them a contract. 1651159842774.png Maura Approved

A lot of the issue is also that many folks police included find it a lot tougher to shoot accurately consistently with the 45acp! especially in lighter handguns. 45acp is all I carry but have spent countless hours practicing and shooting IDPA and IPSC. Given the new loads available for 9mm they will do the job!

Not sure if serious, they basically just stopped giving freebies and handouts to PDs. They reached a point where they realized that nothing would come from it. They make so much on commercial that pandering to LE doesn’t matter so much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom