Mass State Police Switching From .45 Back To 9mm

Last I knew, my county's deputies were issued G17's at the academy. Lately all I'm seeing them with are P320's. Same for AZ F&G. My town still issues Glock but they went from 40 to 9, and the town a country mile over went from G21's to G17's. Heck, we've even got a town a few country miles over that issues the G20. Interesting decision I'd love to hear why it was chosen over the others.
Likely because whoever makes these kinds of decisions benefitted from the switch somehow.

I had a trooper tell me this earlier today.
They're dumping their current S&W M&P .45's and going to the SIG 320 in 9mm.
He said they originally ordered the M&P 2.0's (9mm), but found something they didn't like, then decided to send them back and buy the SIG's instead.
Spray and pray - 9 mm hold more - shoot more - the .45 must be aimed.

yeah... that's sarcasm. 😂

Que the MSP lawsuits against Sig when they are all going off by themselves and certainly not from the Troopers being nitwits (wanted to use a different, particularly, British term along these lines, but chose to keep it clean).

I'm sure cost of ammo is a factor.
The cost is not a factor considering that State Troopers practice shooting once in a very blue moon. That said, it's a great reason to ask for more money:
"We need more budget to replace all of our expired guns. Ammo in magazines that troopers carry is no longer usable after 5 years and as a result, guns need to be replaced".
How many legislators will look at it and say "yes, it makes perfect sense: replace guns when bullets expire"
Also, switching to 9mm seems more like a lemming move: others are switching, so I guess I should too.

Why didn't they go back to .38 special? Long live the S&W Model 10!

Wouldn't you rather have them carrying Model 10s instead of something else when they decide to do a mag (cylinder) dump on your innocent ass? After all, it isn't it better to get shot around 30 times, 5 cops x 6 rounds, instead of 85 times, 5 cops x 17 rounds.

Wouldn't you rather have them carrying Model 10s instead of something else when they decide to do a mag (cylinder) dump on your innocent ass? After all, it isn't it better to get shot around 30 times, 5 cops x 6 rounds, instead of 85 times, 5 cops x 17 rounds.
Depends. Should we expect their marksmanship to improve?

Que the MSP lawsuits against Sig when they are all going off by themselves and certainly not from the Troopers being nitwits (wanted to use a different, particularly, British term along these lines, but chose to keep it clean).
Was it wanker or bugger? you can tell us..we’re all friends here..

Update:

The newest crop of rookies are carrying the Sigs now, while the older guys are still using the S&W M&P .45's, but it's unknown how long until the whole force makes the switchover.

It dosent matter with the disarming of the citizens of Massachusetts they would only need .25acp. Because we all know the criminals will comply with 4420 and turn in there guns.
Thank god that they
will be putting in Common Sense Gun Control it's about time we will all be much safer once 4420 gets passed.

SiG is most likely making these guns available for next to nothing and including a click back to who ever is in charge of purchase to be split among the other corrupt officials involved in the purchase P320x5 Leagion is a $1000.00 retail gun I just purchased one through SIG through a friend for employee pricing $500.00. The SIG marketing department could make these guns available to MSP fo $10],00 or less as a marking expense. Rhe cost of a few Magazine adds.

Back
Top Bottom